Shia Labeouf Suffers for "Transformers" Movie

Summary

Shia LaBeouf, who plays a teen involved with giant robots in the upcoming "Transformers" movie, told Rotten Tomatoes that it wasn't all fun and games making the Michael Bay epic. Back to Article

Comments

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

wow for once i am the first person to post a comment on this.......whoot..........anyway this movie is produced by steven spielberg?? yepp saw it on the trailer never even realized it so i am sortof looking forward to this movie but steven spielberg or not the trailer looked kindof gay.......unless they relase a new one i won't get my hopes up.

Nov 4 - 09:37 PM

Ron_Burgundy

Ron Burgundy

Okay...the trailer looked kinda gay. Alright. Could you maybe think, for a moment, that the trailer had ZERO footage that will actually be in the movie? They're still working on the effects, and will be until next summer. This is a HUGE movie that takes time to shoot. Expect a longer, kick ass trailer later this month or in December. That should silence the haters a bit.

The biggest misstep this movie made was releasing that disappointing Mars Rover trailer around the same time as that awesome Spider-man 3 trailer. They've got some ground to make up, but I trust Bay and his ability to film lots of destruction and make it look good. I'll be in line opening day.

Nov 5 - 11:55 AM

nuopus

Christopher Cox

[b]Trailer?[/b]
They have released a trailer? Because from what I understand there was only an "announcement" made and not a full trailer. Heck, call it a teaser if you want but trailer it is not.

They have announced that a trailer will be released during the holidays, so you can judge it as a trailer then.

As a teaser it was just that ... a teaster. They have said that nothing in the teaser/announcement would be in the movie.

Nov 5 - 02:25 PM

Capote

Truman capote

How the heck did Michael Bay convince Steven Spielberg that he can make a movie?
Steven must be turning senile...

Nov 4 - 09:51 PM

dracus

Cap Nord

Steven's always had a soft spot for lost causes and charity cases LOL.
Transformers will be a make or break film for Michael Bay; if he can't make a decent film with Spielberg behind him, it'll prove once and for all that he has no business directing a movie. The only difference between Michael Bay and Ed Wood is that at least Ed Wood knew that he was a crappy director.

Nov 5 - 03:48 AM

memsilwis

henly wood

The only difference between you and Ed Wood is that at least Ed Wood knew that he was a crap. pitiful guy, don't waste your time for your shitty posting.

Nov 11 - 01:22 AM

jtgraffix

John T.

so it's probably gonna be just as painful to watch too huh?

i'll see how i'm feeling when this movie comes out. maybe i'll watch it.

Nov 4 - 11:36 PM

savethemooses

Alex N

Of course it sucked. He was working with Michael Bay.

Nov 4 - 11:58 PM

dracus

Cap Nord

Steven's always had a soft spot for lost causes and charity cases LOL.

Nov 5 - 03:48 AM

memsilwis

henly wood

Nov 11 - 01:22 AM

ajdon

AJ Don

[b]Hope that it doesn't suck...[/b]
But, in all likelyhood, it will.

Nov 5 - 04:10 AM

Reeven

Jud Widing

I'm sure everyone will get to share all his physical and emotional pain when they watch the movie.

Nov 5 - 07:45 AM

mikeyh

michael henning

I am not looking forward to this

Nov 5 - 08:19 AM

Xhrix

David Smith

Maybe there is an emotional love scene between shia and megatron... Kind of a NATBLA moment...

Nov 5 - 10:42 AM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

[b]The Movie Will Suck[/b]
Manily because the transformers are getting a upgrade and the fact that there's no Soundwave, Blaster, RamJet, ThunderCracker, Ironhide, Jazz, Skywarp, Insecticons, Dinobots, Devesator, Shockwave, Unicron, Arcee, I can go on and on..........................................

Nov 5 - 11:23 AM

agentjames007

joe fisher

I'll go see it. I still think it's weird that Dane Cook's gonna be in it......

Nov 5 - 11:29 AM

Ron_Burgundy

Ron Burgundy

Nov 5 - 11:55 AM

nuopus

Christopher Cox

[b]Trailer?[/b]

Nov 5 - 02:25 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWER!!!

man cant believe that CD is in my car right now!

Cant wait to get the 20th ann spec ed. movie Tuesday

Nov 5 - 02:28 PM

liono86

william ward

Well, Michael Bay's previous involvements in film, IMO, have been totally underrated. I very much enjoyed both The Amityville Horror remake and The Island. And, wasn't he involved with the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which I also enjoyed. So, I think I'll enjoy the Transformer's film.

Nov 5 - 05:43 PM

Demon_Poop

Matthew Faughender

With any luck, it might be better than AVP at least...a Michael Bay film, just a bunch of mindless action of course, but I'm still looking forward to it, why not, the cartoons were cool!

Nov 5 - 06:54 PM

reyes

Anthony Vargas

[b]meh[/b]
More losers crying about this movie? AVP wasn't a Bay film but a Paul W.S Anderson film. So let's check facts people your already on the internet!! Also i dont know when people began to think bay's films suck so bad....SHOULD we forget "The Rock" Sean Connery which is always good, Ed Harris and even Nick Cage make for good cinema. Armageddon, at the time was pretty cool to watch. bad boys and bad boys 2 although the 2nd was kinda long, but did have some nice chase shots. I even Greatly enjoy "The Island" if you actually watch it you will be pleased. as it turn's out the only reall mess he made was pearl harbor(which still turned a profit(also you should watch tora! tora! tora!)) which was the only real effort of his i truly didn't like. So big budget, big chases. big movie....who else would you get to take such a risky film.?? Also for those old people that havent watched transformers in 20 years you should know transformers was a 30 min comercial to push products. read up and you'll find that out. Also we already got our movie which was awsome and still is. updating the transformers is the way to go since most of you stopped watching and now we have the new gernerations of fans that have come out to support the new cartoons.

Nov 5 - 07:33 PM

gbwillner

gabe Willner

[b]All TV is a product "push"[/b]
Complaining about the TF series is foolish- all TV is designed to get you to watch commercials and buy things. The reason people react as they do to the Transformers is because for the most part it was good, if not a great cartoon. The stories were compelling and the characters believable. Notice no one would care if it was a Go-bots movie.
P.S.
Armageddon....Sucked, incredibly sappy
Bad Boys/2....sucked, but watchable
Pearl Harbor....Supreme Suckage
The Rock.... sucked.... but the best of the bunch.
M. Bay is a washed up music video director.

Nov 6 - 08:13 AM

grecofabulous

Stamatios Dimitrakopoulos

Washed up? All of Michael Bay's movies have made money except for the The Island. If anyone is expecting Transformers to be "oscar worthy" no matter who is at the helm than I really think you're being dellusional. I love Transformers and have 100% faith that the action will be amazing, but I do want substance as well. That I have a concern about, but this movie is all but guaranteed to be successful and will lead to a second movie.

Nov 7 - 09:57 AM

Ten Ton Alien

ffdsd fdsafsafd

poor guy..busting his ass acting and making millions

Nov 5 - 08:40 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

I doubt he's making millions. He's not that big a name yet. I'm betting he pulled in maybe $100,000 for the role. Still not chump change, but hardly millions.

Nov 8 - 07:31 AM

southfrisco

Dan Huck

I get your point but remember not all actors make millions. This Labeouf guy I've never heard of so I highly doubt his paycheck is anywhere near a million. They are paying millions for the FX in the movie, not the actors in the movie, expecially this type of movie.

Nov 11 - 01:16 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

when are they gonna start shipping out the shirts and stuff!

I would love to get some TF shirts and if theres an Autobot neck tie I will so get that too!

Nov 5 - 08:45 PM

gbwillner

gabe Willner

[b]All TV is a product "push"[/b]
P.S.
Armageddon....Sucked, incredibly sappy
Bad Boys/2....sucked, but watchable
Pearl Harbor....Supreme Suckage
The Rock.... sucked.... but the best of the bunch.
M. Bay is a washed up music video director.

Nov 6 - 08:13 AM

grecofabulous

Stamatios Dimitrakopoulos

Nov 7 - 09:57 AM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies