"Superman Returns" Costars Anticipate Sequel

The DVD launch party for "Superman Returns" allowed all the costars of the film to request personal favors of the writers just now getting to work on the script. Sam Huntington, who plays Jimmy Olsen, wants to log some air time.

"I'm just hoping I fall out of a building or something," Hungtington said. "Something where he has to catch me and pick me up."

Then he joked with us about getting back to the gym for the 2007 start date. "It's going to be an all out brawl in the next one. It's going to be some serious stuff going on between the Man of Steel and myself, the new Man of Steel. The Man of Iron is what I?m going to call myself."

Tristan Lake Leabu, who plays Lois Lane's son and an obvious superkid, is hoping for some more action as well. "I most want to fly and I just want to mainly fly," said the five-year-old. "I'm looking forward to get more super powers than this one."

Eva Marie Saint, who plays Martha Kent, wants to give Lois some parenting tips. She too has raised a super son. "The point is I have a grandson now," said Saint. "I can give Lois a few instructions, what to do, how to do it. Maybe I'll get to fly which I wanted to do in this one."

Of course, everyone wants to fly. Saint also had a costar deleted from the film. Ben Hubbard (James Karen) was to be Martha's new boyfriend, so hopefully he'll make it into the sequel. "It would be fun to bring him back, maybe to have a boyfriend. She's a lady who?s on the farm and he's been gone, as I say in the film. He can do everything but the world keeps spinning meaning I have a life and you're gone, so it made her an interesting lady."

Only Stephan Bender, the teenage Clark Kent in "Superman Returns," did not know if there would be another flashback requiring his services. "I don't know yet," Bender said. "They just said they're going to release the next one so I'm looking forward to seeing if they will [write me in]."

Comments

toniokruger

adi nugroho

[b]meh[/b]
I got antsy when supporting players have his/her say too much on the film when the script isn't being written yet.

Nov 20 - 05:53 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

i doubt they'll listen to the actors too much for the film plot. well, hopefully at least.

Nov 20 - 07:09 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

Nov 20 - 07:09 AM

agentjames007

joe fisher

I'd rather Olson help Superman and stuff in this movie than the Super kid....

Nov 20 - 07:55 AM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

That's Olsen. Nuff Said!

Nov 20 - 09:09 AM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

That's Olsen. Nuff Said!

Nov 20 - 09:09 AM

Cozy

Hugh Jackman

I'm happy that there making it more Action, but please, keep the whole kid thing out of it...

Nov 20 - 09:37 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

got it! they should kill the kid in the first 15 minutes!

Nov 20 - 09:53 AM

TheOneStudentFilmDirector

John Handem

This is already sounding terrible.

Nov 20 - 12:56 PM

spawnwest

Tim R

this movie sounds superbad.....i agree with everyone else....please x the kid...the writers need to read the comic

Nov 20 - 01:07 PM

Captain Future1

yo moma

kill the kid plz

Nov 20 - 09:46 PM

xxsk8erxx

Derek Walters

[b]hmph..[/b]
Ok get rid of the kid it toally makes it unoriginal to be a Superman film and Brandon Routh needs to workout MORE buff like Tom Welling.. sure the movie ain't bad but i expected better liked the music.. special effects but wasn't happy with the writing i hope the sequel will be a bigger improvment for sure. The movie was good only flaw i hated was Superman's hair was made wrong curl opposite side and the kid being involved.. blah come on i mean.. that's not how u follow the comic books appropriately.. dammit Singer.. i trusted u.. u did well for Xmen but u have to screw up Superman.. what are u trying to do? Sabatoge DC Comics just because u made an Marvel film. I think Spiderman 3 is gonna Rule the Box office this summer for sure.. Batman and Superman will have to wait. Batman has it's promises they followed the roots of the comics i am sastified with Bats. but Supes needs a little tweaking..They better hire a better director or writer.. sure Singer is gonna do the sequel but the writing better be better.. i'm sure they learned a great deal after realizing how many ppl were disappointed in the film.

Nov 21 - 09:16 AM

saiga6360

Hunter Rose

The first comment by the Jimmy Olsen actor... makes you wonder if all the gay vibe coming off the character was Singer's idea.

Nov 21 - 08:30 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

okay if that little fukcing kid flies i am walking out of the theater because i really don't want to see a superkid you know how gay that would be.........i think they should kill the kid off or something because the whole idea is lame
"I most want to fly and I just want to mainly fly," said the five-year-old.
i laughed at that alot i just imagined him flying so in other words kill him off because we don't need a superkid

Nov 22 - 05:17 PM

python768

jon henshall

it would be a shame if the start the franchise over again and it would dissapoint a lot people who have stuck with the franchise for so long, even if the writers are out they can continue with that story.. but bring in supermans greatest enemy doomsday..

Nov 2 - 07:55 AM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies