Rob Cohen Will Bring Bruce Lee Back to Life

Summary

A few months ago we learned that director Rob Cohen was working on a movie ("Rage and Fury") that would "feature" Bruce Lee in some fashion or another. And since Mr. Lee has been deceased for quite some time, a lot of us were curious to see what "feature" actually meant. And now we know. Back to Article

Comments

adamtstop

adam t

i bet he seen the "alias wavefront maya 3 bruce lee promo clip" like 4-5 years bak and decided to make it into a movie.what a joke.

Nov 22 - 03:54 AM

rustdog

Rusty Baldwin

I hope the Lee family will at least make some money from this. I imagine they had to ok the project. I'm torn how to feel about this. I love Bruce Lee but yet the idea just seems blasphemous. Whats next Brandon Lee will have a cameo.

Nov 22 - 06:36 AM

Zen Bullet

J D

The "digital actor" thing is certainly intriguing. There are a bundle of moral issues that I'm still somewhat undecided about. I should think that a man, before he dies, will have something to say about the application of his likeness.

Besides that, I wish Steven Spielberg were helming something like this. I mean, ROB COHEN is the last guy I'd want behind the puppet strings! He's proven himself far too dense and superficial a director to do this premise justice.

Nov 22 - 07:50 AM

WA-HOMEGROWN

matt snagglestien

this is a horrible horrible idea, bruce lee died a legend, people should let his legacy rest that way. there is a chance this "digital actor" could be cool, but i highly doubt it. nothing could match the real man.

Nov 22 - 08:00 AM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Yeah I have to agree this digital actor idea is ridiculous. Bruce Lee did some great martial arts films. This is like spitting on his grave in my opinion. I rather enjoyed Stealth but, Rob seems to be making a terrible mistake with this one.

Nov 22 - 08:36 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

its silly becuase the guys not dead!

Bruce Lee is now an Overweight stand up comedian who frequently plays at small laugh comedy clubs through out the southwest. Its a well known lil secret around here. The guy had to fake his death because the US military wanted him to use his fighting skills to train the US army. He was very anti war and didnt want to see his skills used for war.

And in case you are wondering, Tupac and Elvis they are alive too.

Elvis is a gardner in the Florida Key west. And Tupac goes by the name Ray Cornelious, and he is a commercial pilot for US airways.

Nov 22 - 08:58 AM

Byron

Byron .

:D hilarious!

The King LIVES!!!

Nov 22 - 09:03 AM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

ha ha omg that made me laugh so hard where the hell did you come up with that.........and i don't think this is really such a good idea......making him digital if there gonna do anything like this they should just do another dragon with a different actor like they did for dragon

Nov 22 - 05:31 PM

Byron

Byron .

:D hilarious!

The King LIVES!!!

Nov 22 - 09:03 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

This is just retarded, I hope this film does horrible.

Nov 22 - 11:43 AM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

The Lee family should sue. This is just stupid. Why bother. I won't be seeing this crap. What's next, doing away with actors and putting them out of work?

Nov 22 - 12:34 PM

Reeven

Jud Widing

Gee, what a wonderful concept? Why didn't anyone else think of it?

Oh, that's right, they have RESPECT.

Nov 22 - 12:37 PM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Why choose Bruce Lee for this science fair project of a movie? if they really want to create a so called 'Digital Actor", use someone else. How about Hasselhoff (sic)?

Nov 22 - 12:55 PM

kungfu_sage

Ian Turner

Li's family isn't gonna sue cause they most likely have the rights to his name and image, they probably sold the rights, it's sad, it's like they couldn't stop at ruining wonderful movies by remaking them, now they have to ruin wonderful actors too

Nov 22 - 03:46 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

Nov 22 - 05:31 PM

yodas gooch

Hugh Jass

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....sob sob sob

Nov 22 - 06:29 PM

bigcfk

Con Man

i saw this topic, and said 'oh dear'

i read the article, and repeat, 'oh dear'

terrible idea

almost blasphemous idea

Nov 22 - 06:29 PM

dcipher

richard dye

[b]pathetic[/b]
Regardless of how well it's done tecnically or artistically, it's a terrible idea on many levels. Dragon was a tribute to Lee, to tell his story as sanctioned by his family, not an attempt to create a digital puppet to carry on with new acting performances. How about putting the effort into creating new stars and let Lee's work speak for itself and his memory rest.

Need proof it's a pathetic idea? Almost every comment agrees on that, how often does that happen on the internet??! lol.

Nov 22 - 07:58 PM

kungfu_sage

Ian Turner

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I saw a thread where everyone agreed, I even saw a thread where some guy said euw boll was good, and he wasn't even being sarcastic. speaking of which theres a petition online to keep boll from making movies, anyone find a petition to stop this from happening? Li has in some way inspired every kung fu movie since his time, and is certainly one of my heroes in the film industry.

to Li, your memory will live for ever, no matter what people do to it.

Nov 23 - 02:07 AM

kungfu_sage

Ian Turner

to Li, your memory will live for ever, no matter what people do to it.

Nov 23 - 02:07 AM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

This may make better movies! No more blowing your budget on greedy ass actors who want 15 million a pop, just make your own and spend the money on the actual movie!

Nov 23 - 05:17 AM

fenex13

Jason Johnston

[b]wow..[/b]
cinema really has reached an all time low with this idea..remakes not bringing in enough cash? lets remake some actors too..

Besides this idea just can't work..watching a computer generated character of any kind (nevermind Bruce Lee) perform martial arts isn't anything special.
The great thing about watching a Bruce Lee film is seeing Bruce Lee fight. His speed, his form, the way he moves..he truly was a phenomenal martial artist..and a cgi character doing these things isnt nearly as interesting..why? because every cg character can do them..

Nov 23 - 07:11 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

I'm just surprised this hasn't been attempted years ago and not by a certain cat named Spielberg. Good luck finding Lee-heads counting this flick as part of his canon. Cohen should've introduced this FX with something more sci-fi, where a concept like this makes sense... like Farmer's [i]Riverworld[/i].

Or maybe he should've just kept his mouth shut and kept us all wondering (that is, if it's convincing in the slightest).

Nov 23 - 04:27 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships