"Batman & Robin" Writer Gets $4 Million for "Da Vinci" Prequel

Summary

Oscar-winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman is allegedly earning a $4 million dollar paycheck for his adaptation of Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons," which features the character played by Tom Hanks in an adventure that predates what went on in "The Da Vinci Code." Yeah, just like what happened with "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." Back to Article

Comments

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Go Homer!

Nov 25 - 12:26 PM

GoldenGoat

John Larson

I'm sorry, but NOTHING can "make up" for Batman and Robin.

That's a blight upon one's very soul.

Nov 25 - 05:28 PM

meinink2y

Clayton Walter

I surely hope that "Angels and Demons" turns out better than "DaVinci Code." I think it should, as the book seems to lend itself better to the big screen than its sequel. As long as we get a "Cinderella Man"-caliber script, and not "Batman and Robin" with Catholics.

Nov 25 - 06:52 PM

Doomherald

Mohammed Khan

[b]?[/b]
He made up with I, Robot? Are you on crack?

Nov 25 - 10:45 PM

Thradar

First Last

Ugh. I watched The DaVinci Code DVD last night. Maybe the book was better, but the movie was a lifeless pile of crap.

Now we get a sequel? Oh boy. As long as we lap up the crap they keep serving us...the more we'll get.

Nov 25 - 11:43 PM

Super Moose

Daniel Carvajal

I am beside myself. This man has only written crap (they all suck, especially A Beautiful Mind) yet he gets more money than I'll see in forty years.

I'm in the wrong job market. Quick find me a monkey and let it through feces on a piece of paper and I'm sure Sony will give me at least a million. It'll be the story of a writer who is given more money for nothing than was spent on aids relief in Haiti last year.

Nov 26 - 09:03 AM

Joe Utichi

Joe Utichi

As Kevin Smith once said, in Hollywood you fail upwards.

Nov 26 - 10:58 AM

southfrisco

Dan Huck

[b]It is Opie's fault[/b]
Well since Imagine Entertainment is in play and Opie is probably going to direct this one I can see why Goldsman was tapped for doing the prequel. Opie seems to like his work as he has penned three Opie directed movies thus far:

1. A Beautiful Mind
2. Cinderella Man
3. The Da Vinci Code

Nov 26 - 01:08 PM

meatcake

Brandon Luna

[b]Just because his name is on it....[/b]
doesn't neccessarily mean it is 100% the script he wrote. What you people need to understand is, 9 times out of 10, a film can say in the credits that the screenplay was writen by one person, but in actuality, they wrote ONE draft, penned a contract that said their name MUST be attached to the project but then it was re-written by multiple script doctors. I have a friend of mine that makes quite a good living by simply bumping up scripts. He gets a script and is payed a hefty sum to "add more action" or "bump up the love interest" etc. So in all actuality, Akiva may only have a few scripts to his name that reflect what he presented on the page day 1.

Nov 26 - 03:46 PM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

He should have to pay four million after having anything to do with Batman & Robin!

Nov 27 - 03:59 AM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

who what a mix like seriously he goes from batman & robin too a beautiful mind........that's fucked up..........i could swear that those scripts are by two different people

Nov 27 - 04:25 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

This is why he deserves so much hate for Batman & Robin. He put heart in these other scripts. Batman & Robin was just a paycheck to him. That's assuming he actually wrote the films that followed. I'm skeptical.

May 1 - 09:07 AM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

hmm......... yeah i guess you're right he will do a shitty movie for money....... but when he actually sees something that he finds very dramatic that he likes he will work his ass off....... makes alot of sense when it comes to those capatlist movie pigs these days.

May 1 - 09:41 PM

Brandcrusader

Wilf Uldermarge

[b]Needs a director who can put the Pace in the Chase[/b]
This film needs an action and drama director who knows how to put "the Pace in the Chase", unlike Ron Howards effiorts who got the production right but put me to sleep on the direction. I read and loved both Dan Brown books Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons and couldnt put them down (I even forgave Dan Brown with his templated plot construction set up at the start of both books) . Angels and Demon should be great film with the right director, who knows how to do the old Time is running out routine. I would recommend Paul Greengrass who did the The Bourne Supremacy who got the pace right in that film.

Regards

Brand Crusader

Nov 28 - 09:44 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

There is no cool way for any actor playing Victor Freeze to say, "Yo, Batman. Chill out." Face it. This is one writer who has found his kryptonite. He's done some good work, but he's not yet escaped the hate cloud over his head for having written probably the most poorly written script for a comic book movie ever produced. I'd of forgiven him some time ago if it were Superman he screwed up, but Batman! He'll get no slack from me.

May 1 - 08:59 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Well first he'd have to have an original thought.

May 1 - 09:01 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships