First Good Peek at Optimus Prime

The recent trailer has me pretty enthused for Michael Bay's "Transformers," but it's tough finding new stuff to say every time a new piece of promo material hits the wire. Anyway, Empire Magazine has Optimus Prime on its most recent cover. Pretty nifty, too.

Check out the goods right here at EmpireOnline.com.

Obviously you know this by now, but ... "Transformers" opens on July 4th.

Comments

mojodaddy

joe fish

Cool Pic.

Dec 26 - 08:08 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

I might have to start changing my tone about this film.

Dec 26 - 01:47 PM

reyes

Anthony Vargas

Nobody cares about your tone

Dec 26 - 01:59 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Have you nothing better to do than make petty efforts to stir up pointless disputes, reyes? Last time I checked this was a movie forum where people trade thoughts on films. Get a clue.

Dec 26 - 02:29 PM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

I still don't know about this film. I imagine it in the same exact vein as The Island, Armageddon, etc. Popcorn fluff, but fun action sequences. And to be honest, I'll probably catch it on DVD.

Dec 26 - 03:25 PM

245_trioxin

thomas carter

my opinion will be changed when i hear prime speak. till then i will keep silent

totld

Dec 26 - 03:37 PM

asteven50

Aaron Steven

You could debate all day about Micheal Bay and the casting choices, but the visuals in this film will be stunning.

And to Reyes... If you pulled that crap on my forum i'd ban you so fast it'd make your head spin kid. talk about movies or don't talk.

Dec 26 - 03:50 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Yeah, I remain skeptical as well. But I want it to be good. We'll see soon enough.

Dec 26 - 03:59 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

Visuals and CGI may be cool - but the movie has a great chance of sucking. We really don't need another one of those.

Dec 26 - 04:35 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

yeah I will change my tone when I hear prime say

"AUTOBOTS TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!"

then a series of crackling transforming sound and watch them cruise out in a long line!

AWESOME!!!

Dec 26 - 04:48 PM

Mr.Pibb+RedVines

Alabastor Pennywinkle

i think the cgi is awesome in the trailer i just wish i could see optimus in light with megatron that will improve my tone

Dec 26 - 07:32 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

I'm still concerned about the fact that the script focuses more on the human characters. That's ass backwards. So despite the visuals, the odds of this being good are greatly diminished by that fact.

Dec 26 - 07:46 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Yeah i have to agree. I don't want it to be about the human characters, It should be based about the Autobots and Deceptions. Although Shaun Berger from G1 Season Two Episode Megatron's Master Plan would be icing on the cake. William Dafauo would be execprional.

Dec 27 - 06:28 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Truth is, I can't stand being a hater, Jeremy. I saw 'Lady in the Water' and I was like, 'damn, am I like that snobby critic?" I wanna love this movie. The kid in me was doing backflips when I saw Optimus transform. But a little skepticism is healthy. I will no doubt see this film, but with my low expectations, let's hope Bay can pull a transforming surprise out of his pocket of tricks.

Dec 27 - 07:43 AM

Count_Vertigo

Paul Cieslewicz

I don't think anyone needs to worry about hearing Optimus Prime speak. With the original voice of Optimus from the 80's cartoon back to voice him in the movie, how could they possibly screw that up? I'm more worried about the story. To harken back to the time before Episode I when Lucas made fun of the mess that was Godzilla: "Plot Does Matter!"

Dec 26 - 08:07 PM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

it would be really fucking cool if it just wasn't Optimus Prime. if only.

Dec 26 - 08:14 PM

AngiePhoenix85

Angela Garrett

I have to admit, it's like a "child-hood" fantasy coming to life. But I wont boast about this movie until it's released.

I don't see the BIG deal about everyone wondering about Optimus Prime speaking. Though it's a bit minor for a worry imo.

Dec 26 - 11:19 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Dec 27 - 06:28 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Dec 27 - 07:43 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Dec 27 - 07:43 AM

Scary Monkey

Dee carter

This movie is gonna be good yet I hope there's a good mix of story and action because I hate that if it's not. Other than that it looks great

Dec 27 - 06:32 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

You're expecting a strong story, Scary Monkey? Your expectations might be way too high then. I had high hopes going in but finding out that Michael Bay was directing was like being thrown head first down flight of concrete stairs.

Dec 29 - 08:45 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Dec 29 - 08:45 AM

Skates forJersey Dude

Joe S.

do you really want the old boxy looking transformers? Not that I dont like the cartoon, but people are gunna wanna see something diffrent you cant have shit quality animation adapted to big CGI movies its only good sense. They wanna make it good so you must re-amp things DUH

Dec 30 - 01:16 AM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies