New Pics From Set of Will Smith?s "I Am Legend" Adaptation

Summary

Ain?t It Cool News has made available several pictures from the set of "I Am Legend," this winter?s big-budget adaptation of Richard Matheson?s sci-fi classic, the previous incarnation being 1971?s "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston. Back to Article

Comments

new12play

Nathan Wells

Another 100 million dollar hit from the most popular star in the movies today. Will Smith will, no doubt, go down as the biggest box office movie star of all time. It's good to see someone succeed who actually seems like a good human being.

Jan 4 - 05:38 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

You are right. Will Smith truly is a legend in and of himself. I am looking forward to this film.

Jan 4 - 06:12 AM

hobarticus

Hobie Wood

I've read that they've changed the locale to a city, rather than suburbs as in the original story. Is that still the case? That could change the whole tempo, but other than that, I am looking forward to this one as well. One of my favorite stories, and this was along time coming. Better Will Smith than (ugh) Schwarzennegger, as was originally pitched.

Jan 4 - 07:35 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Oh yeah, most definitely! I think I officially threw in the towel on taking that fool Schwarzennegger seriously after seeing him fight the devil with machine guns. Oh wait! No, it was seeing him as (wtf?!) Victor Freeze saying, in that ridiculous accent, "Hey Batman, chill out."

Jan 4 - 08:14 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Jan 4 - 08:14 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

Another lame Will Smith action project. Bleah.

Jan 4 - 09:08 AM

Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly

What was Will Smith in that was lame? I Robot was a no masterpiece but is was a decent to good action flick.

I expect this movie to be better then Constantine, but I guess this really all comes down to a stelar script being presented fairly well.

Jan 4 - 09:18 AM

curtis3

First Last

[b]What Will Smith Movie was LAME?[/b]
Hey, I like Will as a star, and he's getting better and better. BUT he has as many lame-oid crap movies as any other working actor.
I mean, come on! Enemy of the State, Wild Wild West, Legend of Bagger Vance, Men in Black II, Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2, I robot, Shark Tale, Hitch... Those all sucked to various degrees, ranging from the "simply lame" kind of suck of Hitch to massive suckfests like Shark Tale and Bad Boys.

Jan 5 - 12:19 PM

Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly

Jan 4 - 09:18 AM

curtis3

First Last

[b]What Will Smith Movie was LAME?[/b]

Jan 5 - 12:19 PM

new12play

Nathan Wells

His only lame movie was Wild Wild West...and I dare say I think it's at least watchable for being a dumb movie.

Jan 4 - 09:37 AM

Zen Bullet

J D

Will Smith is pretty much the new Tom Hanks . . . although he's even more charismatic.

I just hope the script is good. That always seems to be the first thing to go in these sorts of films.

Jan 4 - 09:50 AM

Thre31189

Matt Baer

Yeah I Robot wasn't to awesome of a movie but Will Smith was a big part in what made it an enjoyable movie, he's a good actor both being in funny roles, serious roles, and roles where he needs to be both. Some of his movies have just been silly (wild wild west mainly the only one im talking about) but i hope this movie turns out good and i hope will smith gets a role where everyone will take him a bit more serious (it seems that not all people do) because he really has some talent not to mention he's not a douche bag in real life.

Jan 4 - 09:58 AM

Mad Dog

Matt Horton

I Am Legend is a great short story. Too bad they are changing so much of it around already. I'll just rent this.

Jan 4 - 03:20 PM

TheBlackGuy

Arman Tanzarian

Will Smith is tight. Can't wait for this movie.

Jan 4 - 08:39 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Yeah, Will is a quality entertainer, but I hope he finds some way to break out of the Tom Cruise mode. You know where he's really good at his job, but after every movie everyone says yeah, but he's just playing himself. I do have to disagree though, Wild Wild West is atrocious, but hey everybody is entitled to one bad one right.

Jan 5 - 10:10 AM

curtis3

First Last

[b]What Will Smith Movie was LAME?[/b]

Jan 5 - 12:19 PM

poedude99

gerry clough

[b]i am legend == great novella[/b]
fine line between short story and novella but if i remember right, it's like a 100 page story that was typeset creatively and released as its own title--i bet 1st ed. PB is worth a few bucks (i'll buy a copy if anyone has one); Matheson Sr., is something... sort of like the Stephen King of the 50s and 60s... he wrote some twilight zones... incredible shrinking man... bid time return (chris reeves and jane seymour's "somewhere in time")... i am legend, of course... vincent price's "last man on earth" (available free on google video, it's public domain) and "night of the living dead" (according to romero) are also based on i am legend so i guess one could say that Matheson created the ghoul/ zombie genre... i don't remember the "original suburban" locale but if it indeed was the suburbs, it was probably a "dawn of the dead"-like Matheson comment on comformity. A city full of blood sucking near zombies with functioning brains is a fairly scary proposition....

check out my zombie story/ script/ outline for free:

www.driveindead.com

www.savagerun.com

Jan 6 - 07:05 AM

Cobblergobbler457

Will Graham

I think he sucks

Jan 6 - 06:06 PM

MarkMortimer

Paul Parker

I've enjoyed a few of his films, but he is a one dimensional actor.

Jan 7 - 05:47 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Of course, because he played the exact same type of character in Ali and Pursuit of Happyness that he did in Bad Boys and Independence Day

Jan 7 - 08:40 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Jan 7 - 08:40 AM

jane05

jane grey

Will Smith is fucking awesome and i won't have anyone talk badly about him! out of all the freaks and douche bags in Hollywierd he's the only one that seems like a normal dude. And if anyone thinks he can't act or is 'one dimensional' i suggest you watch pursuit of happyness.

Can't wait for this movie. Love this genre and love smith.... it works for me.

Jan 7 - 08:11 PM

southfrisco

Dan Huck

Just because he is a good guy off camera doesn't make the guy a great actor. I haven't seen his latest but I am sure it was tough for him to act like a father towards his REAL LIFE SON....he is the definition of a "movie star" not a talented "actor."

I would personally say Denzel Washington is 10 times the "actor" that Will Smith will ever be.

Jan 8 - 05:23 PM

Nationalist

Frederick F.B.

Will Smith is no great actor. I see some comments actually comparing him to Tom Hanks, wtf. Will Smith will never ever in his life reach the level of success Tom Hanks has reached. Tom Hanks can act really well, and his movies show the results. Smith not even close, hence that's why the majority of his movies are crap. He stars in movies that are big budget films that make no sense. Of course Ali and Pursuit of Happyness were pretty good films, but come on, 2 films out of so many films that Smith has done is just pathetic, doesn't prove he has talent.

Mar 15 - 10:12 AM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast