"Spider-Man 3"'s Venom Makes His First Appearance!

Up until now the appearance of the infamous Venom has been one of the biggest "Spider-Man 3" secrets, but thanks to the toymakers of the world, we now have a whole bunch of images of the villainous symbiote ... and an action figure!

Keeping in mind that miniature statues generally look a bit different than their onscreen counterparts, have a look at the Venomous goods right here at IGN Comics. Two of the shots are of Spidey figurines, but the third one is ... well, it's something pretty new. The goodies come from the fine folks at Sideshow Collectibles, a fantastic company that bangs out some pretty awesome action figures, statues and whatnot.

Featuring Topher Grace as the human version of this realllllly cool-looking bad guy, "Spider-Man 3" opens on May 4th.

Comments

Azlam Orlandu

Azlam Orlandu

I can't complain at all. Looks like Venom to me.

Jan 16 - 04:23 AM

frogleg

Josh Quarles

Yep, looks great.

Jan 16 - 05:36 AM

clamman27

Rob Clark

Niiiiccceeeee!

Jan 16 - 05:51 AM

lrm8

john smith

screw these actioin figures. give us a real picture please, mr raimi.

Jan 16 - 06:23 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

Interesting. Not as bulky as Venom was in the comics. Which is fine with me. I like how they took the webbing from Spidermans costume and adapted it to Venom's. That's an interesting character trait they could exploit in the movie. Venom's feeling of inadequacy, trying to imitate the person he truly wants to be, Spiderman. Pretty cool.

Jan 16 - 08:20 AM

Dinalfos 2

Rohan B

The webbing on Spidey's black suit has always bothered me. It bothers me even more on Venom.

Jan 16 - 10:29 AM

High School With Money

LEEEROOOOOAAAAHHHH MMMYYAAAANKEEEUUUNNNNSSSS

[b]Spidey's new villain... GUMS McGEE![/b]
I agree somewhat with that. Especially considering that they kept the wild eyed look while keeping the symbol in embossed black. A bit mismatched, design-wise.

Jan 16 - 11:00 AM

High School With Money

LEEEROOOOOAAAAHHHH MMMYYAAAANKEEEUUUNNNNSSSS

[b]Spidey's new villain... GUMS McGEE![/b]

Jan 16 - 11:00 AM

TheKarma

Luke D'Alves

The third image is an old venom rendering from around 1993. It's pretty old, but it's a great pic.

Jan 16 - 11:01 AM

AgeOfApathy

Carlos Garcia

[b]Not that old[/b]
Actually, (not to be ultra geeky) but the third image is only from a couple of years ago, when Venom started making his apperance on Marvels "Ultimate Spider-Man" series, it was one of the many covers featuring Venom during that arc.

Jan 16 - 11:43 AM

the-russian

Nick Danczyk

I wouldn't consider that ultra-geeky, Venom circa '93 and Ultimate Venom are easy to tell apart.

Jan 16 - 12:39 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

I'm not big into Spiderman, and also because filmmakers try to do things different than the comics, so could it be that much of a stretch to say that Spiderman IS Venom? The suits are very much the same, so it could be reasonable to say that Spidey turns into Venom instead of Brock.

I don't know really, but I'm just putting that out there as a guess.

Jan 16 - 11:54 AM

the-russian

Nick Danczyk

Jan 16 - 12:39 PM

Bear45

Eli Thomas

I bet you they added the webbing for film capture reasons. In movies, you often hear of how somethings are altered because it looks better on film. I'm pretty sure that's what's going one here. Before, Venom probably looked like a black silhouette walking around angrily.

Jan 16 - 03:49 PM

dannyphantom105

Dan Kless

yea it looks cool, the head ( eyes + mouth) are just how they are supposed to be, and a smaller venom could be good b/c he could be more agile.

Jan 16 - 04:14 PM

SLADE775

Dave Slade

I still think Henry Rollins should have been cast for Venom/Brock.

lolz

Jan 16 - 04:55 PM

SLADE775

Dave Slade

I still think Henry Rollins should have been cast for Venom/Brock.

lolz

Jan 16 - 04:55 PM

Super Simba

Super Simba

Looks good. Not too hot on the webbing pattern, but like Bear 45 said they probably had good reasons for doing that.

Jan 16 - 06:14 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

Keep in mind, these MIGHT not be what Venom ultimately looks like for Spidey 3. Close, but according to IGN they're still on the concept side, so, even though movie Venom will look LIKE the action figure, it doesn't mean he will be an exact replica of it.

Saying that, I'll glady take this Venom over what they did with Green Goblin. I still say that tech suit looked horrible, and in the end (to me) Green Goblin was a horrible villian to start a live action franchise off with, even with the awesome Willem Dafoe.

Jan 16 - 07:13 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

5 and a half more months until i watch this movie i can't wait but the venom thing is bugging the hell out of me i wish they would just show him already like actually on the screen i don't see why not they actually didn't show that much footage of the villians in the spider-man 3 trailer except for sandman who they showed the most for some reason.

Jan 16 - 07:51 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

Jan 16 - 07:51 PM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

If I were Sony, I'd pay the $2million for the Super Bowl, and show some totally sweet trailer with Venom and everything in it. Probably during the 2nd quarter. That'd get the hype up.

Jan 16 - 08:16 PM

frogleg

Josh Quarles

Good point. Maybe that's the plan!

Jan 17 - 05:33 AM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

they'd probably wait until the fourth quarter to make millions of people watch a game they don't care about for thirty seconds of Venom glory.

Jan 17 - 06:39 PM

jomo999

Joe Morris

i'd actually go as far as to say venom there looks a little cooler than he did in the comics and venom is my favourite villain - he rocks.

Jan 17 - 04:00 AM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Oh without a doubt Venom is the best Villian, but so are Doc OCK, Scropion and Mystero, They're right up there with the batman villians. When it comes to villians nothing beats the Spider man and Batman. It would be interesting if Marvel and DC could compromise on a crossover.

Oh well a man can dream. A man can dream.

Jan 17 - 01:46 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer