"The Incredible Hulk" Director Doles Out Some New Info ... KindaLouis Leterrier opened up the SuperheroHype.com message boards and accepted queries from fans and friends. No, he didn't reveal anything all that flashy, but hey, The Hulk is my all-time favorite Marvel character and I have some really high hopes for Louie's semi-sequel. (And yes, I liked the Ang Lee original. Snicker if you must.)
Here's what SuperheroHype.com has told us so far:
1. Casting is alllllmost done for Bruce Banner. Eric Bana is still considered "in the running," but somehow I think that if they wanted Bana, they'd have tossed him a check by now. The rest of the cast will be announced soon after the main beastie is set.
2. General "Thunderbolt" Ross will be baddie #2, while Emil Blonsky (aka Abomination) will be baddie #2.
3. The Hulk will be mostly CGI (well, duh) with some practical effects mixed in so the flick doesn't look like a cartoon.
4. "The title character will also show feats of strength." Really? The Hulk will display feats of strength?!?! What's next? Uwe Boll displaying feats of ineptitude?
5. Pre-production is moving along swimmingly, and a guy called Aaron Sims is presently hard at work on The Hulk's character design ... which is weird since the character's been designed for about 50 years now.
OK, so I'm a sarcastic little jerk, but I honestly am looking forward to Leterrier's "The Incredible Hulk" quite geekily. Maybe next time we'll get some juicier news, that's all.