Check Out the International Trailer for "Die Hard 4.0"

Yes, you heard me right: "Die Hard 4.0," because I doubt the title "Live Free or Die Hard" would mean a whole lot in France or Indonesia. Anyway, the international trailer is a bit shorter ... but a whole lot more action-intensive.

AICN's Merrick is the guy who found the international trailer, but a friend of mine recommended we all use this site. (Thanks, Will.) The clip is basically 90 seconds of full-bore mayhem and Bruce Willis insanity. (I notice that the international trailer features a shot of the United States Capital Building being destroyed -- yet that bit was entirely absent from the American trailer. Hmm.)

I still don't care for Justin Long's "Have you done this kind of thing before?" line. Way too "on the nose," if you ask me. But just you try and keep me away from this flick. Call it what you will, but the fourth "Die Hard" opens stateside on June 29th.

Comments

jeremyd4

jeremy d

For once I'm actually glad they changed the title of a movie for international audiences. "Live Free or Die Hard" is such a cringe-worthy, patriotic, vomit-inducing title.

...part of me would love to hear George W utter that line during one of his "war on terror" speehes though.

Feb 16 - 06:43 AM

theletterseven

Andy D

[b]did you miss the joke?[/b]
I think the title - Live Free or Die Hard - is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Personally, I think it's great.

Feb 18 - 12:32 PM

wordweaver

Naturo Wetawashi

[b]??????????????????????[/b]
hope they like it.hope i like it.

Feb 16 - 09:13 AM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

...'eh

Feb 16 - 11:33 AM

jackkovack

Patrick Andersen

I love Die Hard movies. Their the perfect popcorn movies. Live free or die hard is extremely corny for a title. Patriotism shoved down your throat. 4.0 makes alot more sense because it has to do with computer cracking even that is still a little stupid. But on the other hand what title could you give a Die Hard movie without it sounding corny. Anyway I think the Trailer looks bad ass.

Feb 16 - 12:27 PM

jackkovack

Patrick Andersen

Feb 16 - 12:28 PM

murray84

kyle murray

oh man cant wait for this movie, while viewing the trailer my pants moved a little bit.

Feb 16 - 12:36 PM

wilkiedriver

Aaron Wilkins

I love it, but I see what you mean.

Feb 16 - 03:02 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Corny line, yes, but they do well by it; at least in the trailer with that thud on the soundtrack and Willis's look. It's a good trailer moment - the kind of thing that winks at the audience and gets a laugh. As for the title... just when I was getting used to "Live Free..." I find myself questioning which I like better again. This title works better in the trailer though, "In 2007... Some Habits... DIE HARD," instead of, "In 2007... Live Free... or DIE HARD."

Feb 16 - 03:36 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Feb 16 - 03:36 PM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Wow, so Live Free or Die Hard is the lesser of the 2 evils huh? ill take it over Die Hard 4.0.

Feb 16 - 08:21 PM

bribios

brian wilson

Willis looks like Chiklis in that trailer. Also, considering the Mac is in this movie, i bet the bad guy is the PC. Or Christian Bale.

Feb 16 - 09:11 PM

jeremyd4

jeremy d

Haha - well spotted! Now i kinda wish Mr. Willis' mission in this movie was indeed to protect "Mac" from its enemies.

Feb 16 - 09:58 PM

jeremyd4

jeremy d

Feb 16 - 09:58 PM

jeanpaul

solomon sassoon

[b]"Eh... what's up doc?" OOPS!![/b]
OOPS!! I meant: "Yippe kay-yay, motherfucker!"--- Damn, too many phrases crowded in my thinkbox there...
Anyway, "We're going to need a bigger boat..."
Ah!!
Looks cool anyway.

Feb 17 - 08:19 AM

highdough

Richard Blascock

Is it me or does Bruce Willis seem not at all like the John McLean character in the trailer (albeit only 90 seconds with little dialogue)? Bruce Willis looks like he's trying to play it too cool, which is not how John McLean was. Hopefully that doesn't happen in the movie It's like Rocky suddenly becoming more intelligent and educated in Rocky 3 and 4. It's NOT the same guy from 1 and 2.

Feb 17 - 02:37 PM

arcadefire325

Angela Brannan

oh god. they just need to stop. the first one was good. i hope it bombs so they don't make another one like the Rocky movies.

Feb 17 - 03:17 PM

theletterseven

Andy D

[b]did you miss the joke?[/b]
I think the title - Live Free or Die Hard - is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Personally, I think it's great.

Feb 18 - 12:32 PM

Wallcloud

Corey Mayne

LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD! I LOVE IT, it's the title in MY country so I don't care :)

Feb 18 - 07:12 PM

toniokruger

adi nugroho

[b]looks good...[/b]
I just hope they don't dilute the violence and make it PG-13. The titles says it all : Die Hard instead of Die Soft

Feb 18 - 10:01 PM