2006 Razzie Awards Announced; "Basic Instinct 2" Leads the Pack

Summary

With the arrival of the Oscars comes the stench of the raspberries. The Razzie Awards, of course, which claims to "honor" the very worst of the past year's films ... but really they only focus on three or four turkeys and beat 'em senseless. Back to Article

Comments

Blue Arc

First Last

Oh Scotty, you big fat whiner. Stop picking on the Razzies.

Feb 27 - 04:36 AM

indiephantom

Dale Rontry

Totally agree with Scott. The Razzies try to be funny and it's just stupid. They just react to the most predictably panned films of the year with very little invention.

Feb 27 - 07:23 AM

COME ON!

Jan-Eivind Rys Hauge

Agreed, Mr. Weinberg. This was just silly and stupid.

Feb 27 - 07:43 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

What a wanker. LitW was easily the worst big Hollywood movie of the year.

Feb 27 - 08:23 AM

kentcrowe

thomas beckering

[b]where is Allen[/b]
I still believe Tim Allen should have won for Zoom, The escape clause, and the Shaggy Dog. He had three horrible performances that should have canceled out the other actors. he only had one good movie: Galaxyquest. Wonder how Wild Hogs will be?

Feb 27 - 09:49 AM

the-russian

Nick Danczyk

What about Toy Story? Allen's only good when he's not seen, or when he's on television.

And Little Miss Sunshine as one of your worst (the other guy)? Really? The one that was so well received by EVERYONE and was up for a bunch of oscars? That's brash...

Feb 27 - 03:15 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Thank you The Russian I am the other Guy. I didn't care for it. It was a dysfunctional Family film. I've seen too many of them. I'm entitled to my opinion and I didn't like it.

Feb 27 - 03:49 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

The Razzie are now just bashing bis name movies...........Which is the point........but Little man and Lasy in the water were easy targets.....So was date movie......Shaggy.....You know what it is hard........Just ask Ebert and Roeper when they have thier worst films of the year.

My Top Picks for Worst

Zoom
How to eat fried worms
Little Miss Sunshine - Sorry......Didn't care for it
Shaggy Dog
Date Movie
Little Man?.....Nah to easy
Basic Instinct?.....Once again to easy
That Sharon Stone Justin Timberlake dreck......Yup
Oh the list goes on and on.

Feb 27 - 10:40 AM

Bob*

bob askins

Poor shyamalan but yeah he's a terrible as an actor XD

Feb 27 - 11:34 AM

Nick Hershey

nick hershey

Damn, I was pulling for Sharon Stone's boobs as worst screen couple. Oh well. I actually thought Shyamalan wasn't terrible in that movie (not great either), but again, easy target.

Feb 27 - 03:09 PM

the-russian

Nick Danczyk

Feb 27 - 03:15 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Feb 27 - 03:49 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Feb 27 - 03:49 PM

RenaissanceBen

Benjamin Wieder

Yeah man, Little Miss Sunshine?

Dem's fightin' words where I come from.

Feb 27 - 04:34 PM

Silverence

Brendan Daly

Yeah youre totally entitled to your opinion, but dude, even if you didn't like it you're saying you like bloodrayne better? bloodrayne?!? I took my 13 year old cousin to it and HE asked if we could leave. That being said I think that saying bloodrayne was a bad movie is like saying the Beatles were a good band. Its so obvious it's almost like it doesn't count. So, of course, is date movie, epic movie and little man, but we need to keep saying how terrible they are so the producers wake up and stop wasting film making that crap. I mean seriously. Were the wayan brothers ever even remotely funny? how do they have jobs?

Feb 27 - 05:48 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Of course it not as bad as Bloodrayne, but one thing I consider when judging how bad a movie is are my expectations for the movie. I still contend the 3 worst movies ever made were in order: A Thin Red Line, Alexander and Battlefield Earth. Now obviously there are movies out there worse than these when judged against a certain standard, but for my money there aren't any that A. Had as much effort put into them, B. Were bigger disappointments from what they should have been and C Actually had a chance to be good. Bloodrayne and some of the movies you mentioned never had a shot and at best were going for the Fright Night claim of so bad it's actually pretty awesome.

Feb 28 - 04:56 AM

danle19

Daniel Rockwell

i am just tired of hearing about movies from 2006! i mean we are 2 months into a new year don't you think we could start looking forward instead of back?

Feb 27 - 11:05 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Feb 28 - 04:56 AM

TomasSPAGHetti

Ben Tomassetti

HAHAHA THOSE GUYS ARE HILARIOUS.... Basically it stinks, too... OMG!l!>@ Someone should come up with an anti-awards show that is actually funny.

Feb 28 - 10:15 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships