LaBeouf Says "Hey, I'm in the News Again...and What's This About 'Constantine 2'?"

In his continued quest to lead a news item every day this week, Shia LaBeouf tells Sci Fi Wire that he was caught off-guard by recent reports that Warner Bros. is in talks with Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz to reprise their roles in a sequel to 2005's "Constantine."

"Wow, I didn't think he would jump back on," said LaBoeuf when asked about reports that the Hollywood Reporter had spoken to Reeves about the proposed sequel. "Keanu went through a lot of s--t with that movie."

(So did ticketbuyers, Shia. So did ticketbuyers.)

"Constantine 2?"

While the original's cold critical reception and brief theatrical run may not have screamed "sequel," "Constantine" did go on to gross roughly $132 million between its first-run and home video releases, and during a year in which the stars of a series of commercials for an insurance company can get a pilot deal, "Constantine 2" sounds like "Citizen Kane."

Source: Sci Fi Wire

Comments

mojodaddy

joe fish

Never saw the first one. Anyone here like it?

Mar 14 - 08:42 PM

bamb0o-stick

Jonathan Y

The movie has some good eye candy, but that was about it. There was this excruciating scene where Keanu's acting was so bad I was thinking "Holy cow, I can't believe he agreed to do this." Those who saw it know what I'm talking about. It was the "bible scene"?

Mar 15 - 04:09 AM

Kudos Mooney

Jeremy Mullins

[b]who knew...[/b]
Shia Labeouf was Rotten Tomatoes' crystal ball?

Seriously. How does this even qualify as news?

Next thing you know, we'll hear how Labeouf prefers vanilla to chocolate.

And what are the words "Citizen Kane" and "Keanu Reeves" doing in the same story, let alone the same sentence?

Mar 14 - 08:44 PM

TheSilentMan

chandu madoori

i actually liked it for the style mostly. i thought it could have been written better. the ending was confusing. i'm wouldnt mind watching the sequel.

Mar 14 - 11:20 PM

ndrage85

Brandon M

I liked Constantine. It had a good start, the middle was kind of "meh", but i really liked the ending. i thought it was a solid film. i saw it in the theater and i gladly bought the DVD. i'd give a sequel a try.

Mar 15 - 12:05 AM

bamb0o-stick

Jonathan Y

Mar 15 - 04:09 AM

kidnova

Mark Holler

I actually quite enjoyed Constantine. Was it an instant classic, no, but it was entertaining and that's all I really ask in a movie. I didn't find the plot confusing at all and I thought the special effects were good, if not great. I would definitely go to see the sequel. The character has a lot of potential.

Mar 15 - 05:44 AM

digitalsoul68

Bevan Calo

I enjoyed the movie. Great horror/action sequences and very unique in an industry full of remakes. It wasn't fantastic, but good enough that I can munch the popcorn while watching it and take it out of the DVD cabinet ever so often.

Mar 15 - 06:55 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

[b]I liked Constantine[/b]
The writer of this article, Jeff Giles, is kind of a prick.
Constantine was an entertaining little movie and I would definetly watch a sequel if the same cast and crew were invovled.

Mar 15 - 07:06 AM

Cindy_Lou_Who

Cindy Granger

Loved Constantine. Leave your talking friends home though if you really want to enjoy it.

Mar 15 - 07:17 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

I think that Constantine is Keanu Reeve's most underrated movie and I think that a sequel will be even better. I hope that Tilda Swinton (The White Witch in Narnia) also reprises her role as Gabriel.

Mar 15 - 07:26 AM

jarek

First Last

Thought Constantine was one of the more enjoyable R-Rated fantasy action flicks to come out in the last few years.

Mar 15 - 07:57 AM

greatwhitetomato

Ken McCartney

Constantine could have been a GREAT movie, if they had cast Daniel Craig instead of Keanu... and rewrote the story

Mar 15 - 08:38 AM

bribios

brian wilson

For once i actually agree with someone on a casting decision! Daniel Craig should have been Constantine, he already looks a lot like the comic version of the character. I think that ship has sailed though.

I liked Constantine. Maybe i went into the movie not expecting a lot, but for the most part I enjoyed the movie.

As to the Geico cavemen reference: Theyre funny for about 25 seconds, but for a whole series? c'mon. This is likely some 80's sitcom parody they would do on Family Guy.

Mar 15 - 05:07 PM

Racer Z

Shannon Potratz

[b]To my surprise...[/b]
I really liked Constantine. Not having read the comic, I had no preconceptions about it. I thought it was well paced and entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I've read most of the comics that have been adapted into movies, so I'm one of the first to get bent out of shape when the movie producers start changing stuff from the original source material, but in this case I thought it was still well done as a stand alone story.

Mar 15 - 09:31 AM

Kid_Ikarus

Josh Thornton

Ive never understood the harsh criticism that Constantine recieved, granted, it's not a GREAT movie, but it wasn't by any stretch terrible at all, very entertaining in fact (I especially liked Peter Stormare as Satan, and seeing Gavin play a demon was a trip). I think a lot of people are quick to bash ANY Keanu Reeves movie entirely based on the fact that it's Reeves in the starring role. I would definitly see the sequel.

Mar 15 - 10:06 AM

lafinass

Charles Clark

Loved the first one.

Most notably, the brief but brilliant appearance of Peter Stormare as Satan- couldn't have been better cast. Those final scenes with him make me smile every time.

Mar 15 - 10:07 AM

Racer Z

Shannon Potratz

Ahh yes... Peter Stormare was brilliant as Satan. A brief but CLASSIC performance. That scene alone was worth the price of admission.

Mar 15 - 11:10 AM

badmoviecritic

James Bailey

[b]interesting[/b]
i saw the first one in the theatre, and bought a USED copy of it. actually just watched it not too long ago.. definitely not a great film, and Keanu will never be confused with Marlon Brando or even Marlon Wayans. And, yes, the whole twins thing with Rachel and bla bla blah it was easy to criticize this movie but i won't any longer. Why not? Because I enjoyed it, not every film is going to be Babel, Citizen Kane or Naked Gun 33 1/3, The Eighth Final Insult (these are obviously the three bests films to ever be shown in movie theatres...............NOT (borat reference). in other words, critics didn't like it, but it made money and i'd watch the sequel.

Mar 15 - 10:50 AM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

[b]Constantine was quite good[/b]
Liked it, especially the visuals used in the film. The director is talented, you can tell that. With an even better script, the next movie could be great.

Mar 15 - 10:58 AM

Racer Z

Shannon Potratz

Mar 15 - 11:10 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

Who is giving these wanna-be actors a mic? Between this guy and Brandon Routh, they should just shut up and be glad they are gainfully employed and getting laid.

Stormare was the best - no doubt.

Mar 15 - 02:40 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Second best for me, I still like Viggo Mortenson's turn as Lucifer in The Prophecy and it'll be a while before Swindon is on the same level as Christopher Walken as Gabriel.

Mar 16 - 02:56 PM

bribios

brian wilson

Mar 15 - 05:07 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer