Next Bond Flick to Be a Direct "Casino Royale" Sequel

To those who were wondering what direction the 22nd James Bond movie would take, it seems that production designer Peter Lamont has a little info for you: The next 007 adventure WILL be a direct follow-up to "Casino Royale."

Although early pre-production has begun on "Bond 22," you shouldn't expect any big revelations just yet. Lamont confirmed the "sequel" approach ... which would be a first for the Bond series. This ties in with comments made last year by Barbara Broccoli, who mentioned phrases like "unfinished business" in regards to the next Bond.

Quite the deviation from established formula, but James Bond seems to be undergoing a lot of successful changes these days, so why not keep shaking things up?

Sources: Cinematical, CommanderBond

Comments

okito

okito m

who gives a fuck just make a great movie like the way casino was made and please DONT SCREW THIS UP.
I BOUGHT MY TICKET ALREADY. bond, james bond.

Mar 19 - 04:11 AM

Mono2k6

Stu C

This is great news if you ask me. I'm glad they're sticking with the new formula.

Mar 19 - 07:41 PM

mojodaddy

joe fish

That's cool. We can find more about Mr. White.

Mar 19 - 05:38 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

yeah... wasn't this supposed to be a continuation on Vesper Lynd's boyfriend's kidnapper, or something like that? Eva Green friggin rules by the way.

Casino Royale is the best Bond film to date... totally bought that dvd the first day and got my sweet austin martin collector hotwheel!

Mar 19 - 06:17 AM

puablo

Josh Jones

It makes perfect sense, Bond is trying to track down the ringleaders of a worldwide terrorist operation. SPECTRE, anyone? Obviously for legal reasons it can't actually be SPECTRE but they can easily make this a good follow-up to the exceptional Casino Royale.

Also if you watch the first handful of Bond movies, there are many references to the previous films, albeit minor and not indicative of direct sequels. I think this is a great move, provided that they know when to quit and not drag out several movies as direct sequels if the story dies off. But I'm sure they would.

Mar 19 - 07:42 AM

COME ON!

Jan-Eivind Rys Hauge

[b]Good news[/b]
Now we just need Martin Campbell back.

Mar 19 - 08:50 AM

narcissusbleh

Christian Diaz

[b]Eh[/b]
I remember everyone was bitching about Daniel Craig being the next Bond. Lames.

I thought Casino Royale was a bit overrated. The best action scene was at the beginning of the movie. Enough said.

Mar 19 - 09:00 AM

skasforfags

Andy Grant

As long as there are no 5-hour long and unrealistic poker scenes or 4 different endings it sounds good.

Mar 19 - 09:02 AM

aknddon3

andrew kruzel

Wow you are a loser. How was the poker scene unrealistic?

Mar 19 - 01:18 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Yeah, I didn't see a whole lot wrong with the poker scene EXCEPT that no one in their right mind in a high-stakes game would hold on to the cards Bond did to win the last hand (I think it was a 5 and 7, if I remember right) But I just thought it showed that Bond could be reckless and still come out on top, so it certainly didn't bother me to any degree.

Mar 19 - 03:23 PM

Fozzybear

Pete Szczepanek

[b]Kickass[/b]
As long as there isn't another last-act melodramatic love-fest in the next one, it'll be even better. There also needs to be a traditional gunbarrel sequence in this one...Not that the one in CR wasn't awesome or anything, it's just that you can't do it twice...

Mar 19 - 09:43 AM

ck100

Chris Kubat

If you watch "From Russia With Love" you hear one of the characters mention how Bond was away in Jamaica for 6 months. The previous movie, "Dr. No", had Bond away in Jamaica so technically "From Russia With Love" is a sequel to "Dr. No".

Mar 19 - 10:05 AM

highdough

Richard Blascock

As long is there is zero character development, a paint by numbers plot and only action, I'm there.

Mar 19 - 10:21 AM

aknddon3

andrew kruzel

Wow you are a loser. How was the poker scene unrealistic?

Mar 19 - 01:18 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Mar 19 - 03:23 PM

bodymassagemachinego

Kevin Munz

[b]not the first direct sequel[/b]
Diamonds are Forever picked up james bond's hunt for Blofeld in order to get revenge for what he did to Bond's wife in the previous movie, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Sounds like a direct sequel to me.

Mar 19 - 02:30 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Mar 19 - 03:23 PM

skasforfags

Andy Grant

I have been playing poker for 4 years and any time they put poker on film it is unrealistic. I mean, do you remember the scene where Bond went broke?

One dude had JJ, Bond had AK, he ends up with the second best full-house possible that can ONLY be beat by THREE hands: AA, JJ, or a Royal Flush. The chances of another played having one of those three hands is ridiculously unlikely, and then the dialog afterwards: "You thought I was bluffing." No, numb-nuts, NO ONE is going to fold that hand unless you have x-ray glasses. The betting was out of proportion, also. Betting 300,000 into like a 10 million-dollar pot? Yeah, okay. The table actions were also very rigid, etc...

Poker, in any movie with the exception of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels will always be unbelievable. It could be Rounders, TILT (a la ESPN), The Stu Unger Story (how obscure) and yes, even Bond. I understand the game needed to happen that way for dramatic effect, but as someone who plays, it made me cringe.

So, with that said, go fuck yourself.

Mar 19 - 03:56 PM

aknddon3

andrew kruzel

Dumbass, you are the biggest loser ever.

Mar 19 - 05:50 PM

UselessRob

Rob McNugget

Completely agree. But movies are always overblown and unrealistic. It's like working on the internet industry and then going to see "The Net". It makes you suicidal.

But Bond is a repeat offender when it comes to a lack of realism. I've been working for MI-6 for years now and my watch doesn't shoot lasers, it only shoots darts. How silly!

Uh oh.. I've said too much.

Mar 19 - 07:21 PM

highdough

Richard Blascock

You watched a James Bond film and complained that the POKER was unrealistic? Can anyone tell us what is wrong with this statement?

On a completely different note, I've been a superhero for several years now and found both Spiderman and Superman completely unrealistic. Batman Begins was somewhat realistic. The rest made me cringe.

Mar 19 - 08:57 PM

aknddon3

andrew kruzel

Dumbass, you are the biggest loser ever.

Mar 19 - 05:50 PM

skasforfags

Andy Grant

Glad to have your opinion, sir.

Mar 19 - 05:51 PM

mojodaddy

joe fish

To aknddon- Don't start calling people names. You do it on every thread and it really gets tiresome when someone can't say their opinion without you calling them a fag or a dumbass.

To Skasforfags- I've never really played poker before, but I guess I can understand your frustration with it not being authentic. That being said, I don't think they could've put too much poker lingo, like the AA JJ Flush stuff, because they wouldn't want to confuse the complete poker noobs like myself.

Mar 19 - 06:11 PM

UselessRob

Rob McNugget

Uh oh.. I've said too much.

Mar 19 - 07:21 PM

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>