Box Office Guru Wrapup: "300" Reigns Again as Box Office King

Summary

Three new competitors were no match this weekend for the mighty action epic "300," which easily defended its box office crown to rule North American theaters for a second straight time. Sandra Bullock reached a new career high with the thriller "Premonition," which debuted in third place while the horror film "Dead Silence" and the Chris Rock comedy "I Think I Love My Wife" opened in the top five with mixed results. "300" grossed as much as all three new releases combined. Back to Article

Comments

think_first

Joe Blow

[b]Ok, now give Snyder $500 million to do watchmen[/b]
I need a really good Watchmen, give Zack a big sack of Money so I get some Crazy Dr. Manhattan scenes, fool! The man proved himself, now let him make a really over-bloated even more CGI-laden action epic. Or do a sequel to 300, either way...

Mar 19 - 06:45 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I'm happy to see 300 still raking in the money. I saw Wild Hogs this weekend and thought it was definitely better than the critics have been saying, it was just a fun time at the movies not the greatest movie ever which is just fine(B).

Mar 19 - 08:49 AM

skasforfags

Andy Grant

Poor Zodiac.

Mar 19 - 08:49 AM

Kid_Ikarus

Josh Thornton

I know, huh? I reallly liked Zodiac, and i saw it at the latest showing at 11:30PM, and STILL enjoyed it! I'll bet this movie will have a better run on DVD, it seems that it was mostly the running time that killed its streak. When people are able to pause it to run to take a leak and grab some nachos and refill their Jack and Coke, people will probably be more likely to enjoy it.

Mar 19 - 09:48 AM

se7en85

Tristian Clark

Totally agreed. Why aren't more people seeing this great movie? =(

Nice to see 300 still making a good sizeable amount. But heres hoping more people see Zodiac when it comes out on DvD. It really is a good movie.

Mar 19 - 06:22 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

Yeah I'd have to say it's my second favorite film of the year so far.

Mar 20 - 08:43 AM

Kid_Ikarus

Josh Thornton

Mar 19 - 09:48 AM

IANG

Adam Gold

Just thought I'd let you know...Breach is PG-13, other than that nice report...

Mar 19 - 04:26 PM

se7en85

Tristian Clark

Totally agreed. Why aren't more people seeing this great movie? =(

Mar 19 - 06:22 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

Yeah I'd have to say it's my second favorite film of the year so far.

Mar 20 - 08:43 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup