Zhang Ziyi to Join Jackie Chan and Jet Li?

We've been hearing a lot about the eventual pairing of Jackie Chan and Jet Li in an upcoming film, but now we have some new casting buzz: Could Zhang Ziyi be in line to join the boys?

Sources indicate that Ms. Ziyi is in early talks to play "White Haired Demoness" in the as-yet untitled movie. (Chinese newspapers are calling it "Kings of Kung Fu.") Those same newspapers state that two female roles are available, one called "Golden Sparrow" (too young for Ms. Ziyi) and another called, yep, "White Haired Demoness."

Apparently Michael Angarano is also on board the project, and he'll be playing a young hero who joins up with Lu Yan (Chan) and Silent Monk (Li) to try and rescue the Monkey King (Li again, it seems).

Lastly we learn that Bai Ling may be lining up for a role, as are actresses Li Bingbing, Ruby Lin, Liu Yifei and Fann Wong. More information on this project as it becomes available ... and confirmed.

Source: MonkeyPeaches.com

Comments

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

I hate to say it but Jackie Chan is so off his game. I guess it's age catching up. I just watched Myth or some lame ass movie I feel asleep in, yawn.
Jeez I loved Rumble in the Bronx, people cheered in the Cinema when I watched it, where's that Chan spark gone. I'm sure he's still got some of it!
Teaming up with lame old Chris Tucker or Jet Lee isn't going to bring it back though.
Jet Lee can be good but the style of movie Lee does is different, I don't see it working at all. Fingers crossed though.

Apr 4 - 03:02 AM

ALmighty1080

Al b

the man is getting old, and he can still kick all of our asses if we jumped him, so seriously give the guy a break if he isnt jumping across buildings anymore like he did in Rumble in the bronx. And even if he wanted to, the USA studios wouldnt allow it. Go watch New Policy Story, he made it a few years ago and theres plenty of good stunts in it. The Myth is just a bad movie so i wouldnt blame that on him losing his touch. Hes had a great career and hes still making good movies. The Rush Hour series is awesome, and everyone loves it so your on ur own if you dont like the idea of a third one. This movie sounds interesting and im looking forward to seeing Jet Li and Jackie chan on the screen together.

Apr 4 - 10:39 AM

Jugger

jorge silva

Zhang Ziyi again?? is there any other asian actress out there??? why always she???

Apr 4 - 05:34 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

I like the Rush Hour movies!

And Jackie is 53 years old. If you think he's got more Rumble in the Bronx left in him, I think your sadly mistaken, you Green Bastard.

Apr 4 - 06:32 AM

Xhrix

David Smith

ZZ is one of my favorite actresses of any nationality, and she could definetly hold her own onscreen with Jet and Jackie. I really hope that she receives the role, because she'd be perfect as a "White Haired Demoness"

Apr 4 - 07:34 AM

ALmighty1080

Al b

Apr 4 - 10:39 AM

eastern2western

peter liu

[b]lower ur expectations people[/b]
Both Jet Li and Jackie Chan are getting old and they both accumulated a lot of injuries after years of action movies. It is normal for these two to make stunt-driven movies. If you people want to see these two in their younger days, I can recommend some movies such as Drunken Master II, Once Upon a China Series and any old Jackie Chan flicks. However, you people should not expect them to do the exact same shit that they did twenty some years ago.

Apr 4 - 11:54 AM

bribios

brian wilson

Um, did i miss something? I thought that last movie Jet Li did would be his last kung fu pic. Was it just a gimmich afterall? Or does he not throw a punch for the whole movie?

Apr 4 - 02:19 PM

lordofudon

weqd awef

Jet Li is at the same age when Jackie came to Hollywood, Jet Li is ten years younger than Jackie. Jet Li made good movies his recent movies are ranked high at imdb, Jackie Chan movies are horrible eg the Myth, Rob b hood, Medallion, Around the world in eighty days...

Apr 4 - 02:24 PM

narcissusbleh

Christian Diaz

Fearless was so lame..

That being said, I did enjoy a lot of the films Jet Li's been in. Jackie Chan, not so much. I don't see how this will work, but if Zhang is involved I'm entirely up for it.

Apr 4 - 03:43 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

'Fearless' was far from lame, but it wasn't Li's best work. That honor by my count goes to 'Fist of Legend'. Chan of course has gone soft with his whole cartoon-kid-friendly "I won't play villains" thing, but he remains worthy of the highest respect as a martial artist. No points lost for being fun to watch. Zhang is still sort of up and coming, but way up by any standard. "Geisha,'while arguably historically insulting, proved nonetheless that she's not just a martial artist with a pretty face. Ditto that for "Crouching Tiger". So all in all it'll be interesting to see her tango with two of the great household wushu names.

Apr 4 - 04:43 PM

eastern2western

peter liu

[b]one thing you people are forgetting[/b]
ziyi is a dancer instead of a martial artists. A lot of the moves she showcased on crouching tiger has more to do with dancing than martial arts.

Apr 4 - 10:10 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

Good Friday