"Sin City 2" to Begin Production in June

It's a question that's come up at least a thousand times as Robert Rodriguez hit the interview circuit to promote "Grindhouse" -- When's production going to begin on "Sin City 2"? And now we seem to (maybe) have an answer.

There's actually very little to report aside from the sentence "Rodriguez said production starts in June," to be honest. Oh, and also that "Sin City" could actually make the leap into a television series. Cool. (Might I recommend HBO?)

Guess which one of these guys will be back for the sequel.

And that's all we got, sketchy news-wise. If the report is accurate and "Sin City 2" is ramping up for a June production, you can of course expect a lot of casting reports, updates, and random what-not as it becomes available. (For example, this post could be described as "what-not.")

Source: Movieweb

Comments

bobtom

Hunter Linn

i've got time for the movies, so let's just keep it at that. If they come up with a series (as cool as it might be) I know for sure I'm not gonna keep up with it. With the first Sin City to back me up, and most likely the 2nd, the movies will do the job.

Apr 9 - 01:40 AM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

I thought Sin City was cool but thats about it. I wasn't excited or surprised by it. Surely an exciting director like Robert Rodriguez can find something new, I dont think this needs a sequel, I'd rather see a new Rodriguez movie!

Apr 9 - 04:27 AM

tycox

Tyler C

For anyone who has read the books such as myself I cannot wait for Sin City 2! There is so much un-used material left they could keep it going for another couple of movies. I really don't think they could pull off a series unless it is on a network like HBO where they would have the freedom from the restrictions of cable.

P.S. THE ADDITION OF ANGELINA JOLIE TO THE FRANCHISE WOULD BE A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE IDEA!!!

It wouldn't suprise me to see it happen though

Apr 9 - 07:09 AM

liono86

william ward

No, they should bring it to FX, even though Sin City is a Dimension Films producting, I think. FX goes on the edge alot of times and that's a station pretty much everyone with satellite gets. The only reason i'm getting HBO right now is because it's part of my free 3 months as I just switched companies. After that, there'll be no HBO for me.

Apr 9 - 09:03 AM

tycox

Tyler C

I don't get FX or HBO but at least with HBO I know that when it comes out it won't be restricted it anyway. It will be the dirty gritty Sin City that it is supposed to be.

Apr 9 - 04:34 PM

tycox

Tyler C

When it comes out on DVD that is. HBO puts together the best box sets

Apr 9 - 04:38 PM

sauronthegr8

Marc Weathersby

I think Angelina Jolie would be great. Cuz she's cold and emotionless like Ava Lord should be.

Apr 9 - 11:26 AM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

I wana see him make another monster flick! like Dusk till Dawn! It was frickin awsome.

Apr 9 - 03:07 PM

tycox

Tyler C

Apr 9 - 04:34 PM

tycox

Tyler C

When it comes out on DVD that is. HBO puts together the best box sets

Apr 9 - 04:38 PM

tycox

Tyler C

When it comes out on DVD that is. HBO puts together the best box sets

Apr 9 - 04:38 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

About darn time that Sin City 2 starts up.

And on the side note, I think the TV series would be a sketchy idea based on the fact that its taken them 3 years to start on a sequel. It would be much better as a HBO mini-series or a one season series based on the remaining short stories and some new stories to beef it up.

Apr 9 - 06:55 PM

dan-calvess

dan marshall

I hope that Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez get Sin City 2 done by early 2008 . I can't wait to see it . Same thing with Tarantino's war epic The Inglorious Bastards .

Jun 10 - 01:07 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast