Check Out the First Trailer for Zombie's "Halloween"

After months of news droplets regarding Rob Zombie's new rendition of John Carpenter's "Halloween," we now have our very first look at some footage, and guess what? It looks a whole heck of a lot like ... John Carpenter's "Halloween."

In case you missed it over the holiday weekend, here's where you can check out the (kinda) all-new for Rob Zombie's "Halloween" redo. Looks like a full-on remake all the way, not unlike what you'd find in a trailer for "Dawn of the Dead," "The Amityville Horror," or (god help us if it's as bad as) "The Fog."

Even the skeptics (like me) are pretty curious to see how the gore-lovin' Mr. Zombie will approach the violence in his version. The original, as you'll no doubt remember, has next to no blood whatsoever. I'm pretty curious to see a lot of things in this remake, truth be told.

August 31st is when "Halloween" hits -- probably because Jigsaw owns October these days. Stars include Malcolm McDowell, Scout Taylor-Compton, Brad Dourif, Tyler Mane, and (of course) Sheri Moon-Zombie. (She's Rebecca Pidgeon to Zombie's David Mamet, don't forget.) Expect a full-court press push on "Halloween" as the big summer flicks fade into the distance.

Source: Yahoo! Movies

Comments

MarkMortimer

Paul Parker

Reinvents a legend? In what way? It just looks like another tiresome Halloween movie zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 9 - 02:47 AM

CodeClearanceBlue

Bradley Peinhardt

[b]More like a revival than a reinvention[/b]
I think Zombie is really trying to bring Halloween and Michael Myers backs to its former status of being actually scary. I think I read an interview with him where he said that Michael Myers has become kind of a Halloween caricature; no one thinks if him anymore as the monster he was intended to be. I grew up with that movie, and like alot of people, I hold it sacred. The previous sequels were indeed God-awful, so I doubt he'd try to remake it unless he also felt the same way. If its good, I think it will appeal more to Halloween fans than to audiences who have been subjected to all the recent bad horror movies.
I do kind of wish he'd stop putting Sheri Moon in -everything- he does. It's a little John-and-Yoko of him, I think.

Apr 9 - 05:54 AM

ChinaRises

Mikael Carson

The preview looks promising, but then, with good editing all previews look promising. I enjoyed Rob Zombie's movies, but they definitly did not scare me. I thought they were entertaining and funny, but he's never even made me jump in my seat, let alone give me chills. The point of the original Howlloween was to do just that--truly scare you.

People say our generation is harder to scare so one must turn extreme violence to make up for it, I dont think this is true. I still get frightened by "The Excorsist" and "The Shining", the new horror movies don't work simply because they recycle the chills from the recent classics. One movie that did truly fighten me was "The Audition" from 2000, try watching it and not thinking twice about the "sweet, subservient" girl we all idolize about.(if you saw, you'd know what I was talking about)

Apr 9 - 06:42 AM

tycox

Tyler C

Audition is one wicked movie! I thought I was done for when she fed her "pet" her own meal. I've never seen anything like that in a movie. As far as the scare factor goes with todays films; it seems as though the only movies that have concerned themselves on gore rather than fear would be most of the mainstream horror movies. Thats because they are mostly remakes or sequels where the production company is just trying to milk the franchise for more money. And in todays age we have already seen most of the shock they can think of and no one can come up with anything new except maybe once or twice a year.

Apr 9 - 07:29 AM

tycox

Tyler C

Apr 9 - 07:29 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

It does seem that in Zombie's version, Myers has a little more dirt on his mask. Other than that.....

Apr 9 - 07:35 AM

narcissusbleh

Christian Diaz

Zombie wrote on his MySpace that the trailer isn't meant to show much other than there will be much chaos in the film.

I'm really looking forward to this movie.

The trailer is kinda crappy, way too formulaic for me, but I'm not going to judge the film based solely on one and a half minutes of scattered footage.

I still think this will be a monumental film, a checkpoint in horror for our decade.

Apr 9 - 08:30 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

This movie could be decent, but it could be really bad. I have to give Zombie props for casting Mr. McDowell. However, the trailer indicates very little, except for the fact that if Rob could permanently have Tony Scott syndrome, Halloween is doomed. Pure Evil, indeed.

Apr 9 - 10:35 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

[b]hold on[/b]
Anyone else notice how well lit every scene was?

seems like an all around bad idea to remake a film that still stands the test of time. I have never been impressed by Zombie's work, and this "dirtier, but better lit" version of Halloween seems to follow suit.

Apr 9 - 10:54 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

I would imagine this is because they threw the trailer together in order to get it ready for the Grindhouse release and none of the scenes have been color corrected. It will most likely be darker when the final film comes out.

Apr 9 - 01:01 PM

LampEft

Ray Dawson

Much to my surprise, after seeing this trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic for this one.

Apr 9 - 10:57 AM

arcadefire325

Angela Brannan

saw the trailer when i saw grindhouse. it got me worried. i don't want him ruining a classic horror film. i like a gory movies but halloween was all about suspense. i am just worried he will make it into a gore fest like house of 1000 corpses. that would be bad.

Apr 9 - 11:18 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Apr 9 - 01:01 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

It's the cancelled Grindhouse project nobody wanted!!!!! Yay!!!!

Apr 9 - 01:10 PM

aknddon3

andrew kruzel

Do you ever make a post that makes sense or uses logic? No you do not.

Apr 9 - 01:18 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

I have no idea what posts you are referring to, but I was using something called sarcasm.

Apr 9 - 01:48 PM

RottenRob

Rob Potter

[b]H20[/b]
Is there anyone besides me who happened to like Halloween H20? Sure, it was a bit tame, perhaps a little formulaic, but I thought it was a somewhat thoughtful, almost mature horror movie. I know that's not what most people are looking for from horror, but I liked it. It was actually somewhat emotionally satisfying for me. Of course, I think they ruined it by making the next one that supposedly changed what happened in H20, but I can pretend that didn't happen (just like some of the other sequels).

Apr 9 - 01:11 PM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

i liked H20 and i'm a huge fan of the original. i thought it was the best way to end the series, Laurie Strode finally getting the best of her brother after years of emotional torment, good finally triumphing over evil. the series should have ended with H20 so it had finality, so many franchises just keep going and going with no good resolution.

i mean look at the Friday the 13th series. remember Jason Goes to Hell and all the business about Jason's spirit taking over people's bodies and garbage about a magic dagger and whatnot? that series just kept going and the only way to "end" it was to come up with some magic bullcrap because there was no good way of ending it.

Apr 9 - 02:06 PM

Silentdon

Donnie Head

[b]I do[/b]
I've been a "Halloween" fan since it came out in the 70s. I think the best movies are Halloween, Halloween II and Halloween H20. As big of a fan as I am, I do wish that Halloween H20 was the last one. It was a perfect ending to the story. Not only Michael's but Laurie's as well. It summed everything up. Full circle I guess you could say.

Apr 15 - 10:44 AM

aknddon3

andrew kruzel

Do you ever make a post that makes sense or uses logic? No you do not.

Apr 9 - 01:18 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

Apr 9 - 01:48 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

Apr 9 - 01:48 PM

photosuperstar

Aaron Abbott

Why mess with a classic? Zombie is a decent enough horror director that he could have created something NEW and SCARY. Again, my mantra.. NO MORE F@#%ING REMAKES!!!

Apr 9 - 01:53 PM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

Apr 9 - 02:06 PM

Darth_Ninch

Nick Zinghini

[b]Halloween needed a remake.[/b]
If the studio intends to keep the franchise alive, then a remake was the best idea. Sequels suck ass, and a remake is the only way of, not only making some decent cash at the B.O., but actually making the franchise good again.

I'm always open to remakes. If you don't like it, then sit at home and watch the original a billion times over. It's not going anywhere, it's not being whiped out of existance, so chill out. Geez...even Carpenter approved Zombie's version. Just give it a chance.

Apr 9 - 04:14 PM

smartmoviekid

jonathan ramirez

look holloween is a classic on all fronts. i thikn the remake however might do this franchise justice after so many bad to just unwatchable sequels. anybody caught Ja-Rule in Resserection, anybody?

Apr 9 - 10:15 PM

tycox

Tyler C

It was actually Busta Rhymes not Ja Rule; still equally retarted in my book. Then again I hate rap music so I can't stand seeing rappers in movies!

Apr 10 - 06:17 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

I don't hate rap. I like it when it's good. Which, these days, means not much. But the only ones I can tolerate in movies are Mos Def and Will Smith, because those two can actually act. Latifah wouldn't be so bad if the movies she appeared in weren't so grotesquely unwatchable. And LL "the bullets just grazed me" Cool J's apparent "survive clause" makes him come off as artificial every time I see him. Kinda like how it feels to see Jackie "I won't play villains" Chan show up to do his trademark caricature performance.

Apr 10 - 08:02 AM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

He's a true horror fan. It's nice to see someone make a horror film they are passionate about! I will definatly watch it and I think Zombie could be a great director, he seems to have a style of his own which can be rare these days.

Apr 9 - 10:59 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships