Nine Free Minutes from Pixar's New Flick!

I know, I know. I'm probably missing out on all the fun by refusing to watch this extended clip from Brad Bird's newest Pixar flick, "Ratatouille," but I'm guessing this clip was put up for folks who were unsure if they were gonna see the flick. Me? I wouldn't miss a Pixar movie for a lifetime supply of popcorn.

Check out the Pixar goods at the official Disney site and then stop back and let us know what you think. I've seen a few "Ratatouille" trailers and the concept certainly seems amusing enough. Needless to say, the animation will be sparklingly nifty to look at. And if anyone's earned a few "I'll see it no matter what" points, it's the director of the phenomenally awesome "The Incredibles."

Pixar's coming off their first relative disappointment (yes, "Cars") but it'd take more than one mild hiccup to get in their way. Opening on June 29th, the animated comedy features the voices of Patton Oswalt, Brad Garrett and Peter O'Toole. (And yes, they managed to get John Ratzenberger in there again!)

Source: Disney

Comments

skasforfags

Andy Grant

Actually made me chuckle one or two times.

May 2 - 07:19 AM

Zen Bullet

J D

I thought the nine minutes worked much better silent than they did with dialog. The dialog felt too much like characters speaking dry exposition. And the first sequence felt too much like a "let's take a tour of a kitchen" documentary . . . its own form of exposition. Hopefully the rest of the film will be much better.

On the other hand, the visuals were all awesome.

May 2 - 07:54 AM

kranon

Chuck May

I can't find the 9-minute clip. I go to the site and I see the usual preview and teaser but I can't find the huge clip.

May 2 - 07:58 AM

jeremyd4

jeremy d

I'm sold.

May 2 - 08:02 AM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Wow. Looks like another winner

May 2 - 10:48 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

[b]Hey Scott[/b]
Yes it looks good and I'll watch anything by Pixar, and of course The Incredibles was very good, but don't forget about Brad Bird's other film that was also amazing The Iron Giant, which I would actually have to say was better than The Incredibles.

May 2 - 12:35 PM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Okay, Pixar, I'll forgive you for Cars. this movie is the second coming of Finding Nemo, which to this day is still the single greatest Pixar movie and one of the only movies that consistantly makes me cry. Good Job, guys. looks like another Oscar for Pixar.

May 2 - 01:12 PM

savethemooses

Alex N

[b]Wow[/b]
Wow... looks like a pretty good concept. Just when I thought every animated movie idea had been taken up.

May 2 - 02:41 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

Sorry to be negative but that kindof sucked........... oh well i admire pixar's original ideas and the fact that there not making 5 or six sequels that are unoriginal and uncreative like dreamworks is with shrek.

May 2 - 06:02 PM

calbear526

J W

[b]LOL @ killermonkey...[/b]
THAT sucked? Even "kindof"?

What...were there not enough explosions, fire-breathing dragons or robots in it for your tastes?

May 3 - 10:28 AM

Praz

Rajit Sarkar

Why does everyone always tag Cars and not A Bug's Life as the disappointing flick?

May 3 - 12:30 PM

TomasSPAGHetti

Ben Tomassetti

I liked A Bug's Life a lot more than Cars, Praz. Sure it was less inspired than most of Pixar's work but it wasn't as bland or forgettable as Cars. As for this new one, I think it looks excellent. I have high hopes and judging by this clip, I think those hopes will be fulfilled.

May 3 - 01:38 PM

Five Favorite Films
Five Favorite Films

Brick Mansions star RZA

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

Summer Calendar