The Hulk Has a New Girllllfriend!!

Summary

As much as I love Jennifer Connelly (and boy do I), it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that she wouldn't be returning to play Betty Ross in "The Incredible Hulk." But at least the producers made a really good choice for the sequel... Back to Article

Comments

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

Maybe her dad could make a cameo?

May 4 - 04:42 AM

Agro

Agro Thehorse

And maybe a herd of bison could stomp me to death before I have to see that.

May 4 - 07:24 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

i just wanted to say that Agro's comment made me laugh pretty hard.

May 4 - 07:46 AM

joemamma

Joe Momma

I dont know if it's just me, but Im not a big fan of her. I mean, she's pretty and all, but theirs just something about her. Maybe part of it is that she's a horrible actress, I dunno.

May 4 - 05:04 AM

WiseGuy

Philip Zamora

Why are they remaking Ang Lee's Hulk, it was fine.

May 4 - 05:30 AM

digitalsoul68

Bevan Calo

no remake here, WiseGuy. It's a complete "re-envisioning" apparently.

Awww, man...sucks that Jennifer Connelly's not coming back. She was the best part of that mediocre movie. Liv won't be too bad, though.

May 4 - 06:20 AM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

[b]Mmmm, juicy[/b]
Hopefully the normal non-skinny Liv Tyler.

May 4 - 06:21 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

She's good in this kind of role. Think LOTR meets Armageddon.

May 4 - 06:28 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

She's good in this kind of role. Think LOTR meets Armageddon.

May 4 - 06:28 AM

Agro

Agro Thehorse

And maybe a herd of bison could stomp me to death before I have to see that.

May 4 - 07:24 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

i just wanted to say that Agro's comment made me laugh pretty hard.

May 4 - 07:46 AM

MMacKK

Alex Mackenzie

Hulk was flawed, but great.
They should have carried on.

May 4 - 07:24 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

i just wanted to say that Agro's comment made me laugh pretty hard.

May 4 - 07:46 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Booooo!

Liv Tyler sucks. She's ditzy and dumb as a box of rocks, sucked in LoTR, not easy on the eyes IMO , and can't act worth a damn (except for crying). This is a huge downgrade from Connelly. Hopefully she'll get wacked.

May 4 - 08:28 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

My Dad's a great guy. We agree on a lot, except for one thing; Liv Tyler. He thinks she's hot. I think she's okay, I don't hate her like you do, but she shouldn't be in this movie, it's that simple.

May 5 - 07:35 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

It's simple? Cool. Great news. Then we can trust that your backing for this theory of yours will be equally simple, whenever it comes. I won't insult you by assuming that your reason for her not being suited for this movie is your opinion on her level of hotness.

May 6 - 06:47 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

You're right; it's not because of her level of hotness. I just don't think she should be in the movie. Obviously people with disagree with me, but I don't really care for her as an actress, and I just can't see her in the movie. That' just me, though.

May 6 - 10:39 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

This will be interesting. It'll give us a chance to see if a superhero franchise can totally switch actors and still be successful (I realize Batman has already done this, but I'm talking about respectable actors. Ed Norton, Liv Tyler). It hasn't been done in a while. Are you watching Sony?

May 4 - 08:33 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Respectable actors? Forgive me if I'm reading your post wrong, but it sounds as if you're saying Batman Begins didn't have respectable actors in it. Tell me it ain't so? Cuz that film was almost entirely populated with respectable actors. ..In fact, I've gotta somehow be reading your post wrong. No way you're saying what I think you're saying.

May 4 - 05:21 PM

bsideleau

Brandon Sideleau

So are you saying that Christian Bale is not a respectable actor???? Are you fucking kidding me? I can't think of very many actors in all of Hollywood that can match his abilities.

May 6 - 01:19 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

Christian Bale is a great actor.

May 6 - 06:11 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a response to that one. My guess is he went and re-read his post and, realizing his error, decided to hang back until the steam blew over. However, it's others that have given me more pause. There were several great actors on that cast, nearly the entire cast in fact, and the only one people roil in defense of is Christian Bale. That's odd. How about Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Tom Wilkinson, Ken Watanabe, Gary Oldman and Cillian Murphy? No super hero ever has had a cast like that! And when someone makes a wild atrocious remark, the only sound that comes back from out the darkness is a single, three syllable name....

May 6 - 06:41 AM

Bane Of Anubis

C M

I wouldn't call Liv Tyler a "respectable actor." Never found her attractive either (she has that halfway down's syndrome look to her -- kinda like Kirsten Dunst).

May 4 - 10:53 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

and here we go. Now everybodies going to break away from World of Warcraft long enough to chime in with why they wouldn't date anyone on Maxims hot 100 list. Wait let me go get some popcorn these are always priceless.

May 4 - 12:17 PM

FallenTusken

Galen Hughes

I've actually got WoW running in a different window. It's called multitasking.

May 4 - 12:26 PM

Bane Of Anubis

C M

BION, never played WOW (though the South Park episode was classic)... And though I'd date several of Maxim's list, there are quite a few that I wouldn't (though that's really neither here nor there). But having a negative opinion about someone's looks that goes counter to Maxim or People is just silly, I guess. Of course, now I'm waiting for someone to say how anybody who comments here is just a nerdy WOW geek who'd be lucky enough to date someone half as hot as Liv Tyler (oh wait...).

Of course, I must be an ugly troll with three humps and four warts PSI to be so disdainful toward Ms. Tyler's classic, "Maxim-approved" beauty. Well, this ugly troll wouldn't date Ms. Tyler or Ms. Dunst, even if they found my warted humps attractive :).

May 4 - 12:39 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Wasn't a personal attack on you. That's why I didn't reply directly to your comment and I used WOW and Maxims list because they seemed like clever ways to play off well known stereotypes for comic effect. Obviously I don't know what you yourself look like. Hell you could be an underwear model who's neck deep in punani. I was only commenting on the tendency on the internet whenever someone says a woman is attractive for 30 guys who you know are at least as plain bordering on hideous as I know myself to be trying to pretend that they wouldn't step over their own mother just to rub up against one of these chicks for 5 seconds. I'd wager half these guys would beg for sex...and I should know. We can smell our own :)

May 4 - 12:48 PM

Bane Of Anubis

C M

I know it wasn't personal, BB - I just wanted to stand up for my fellow misanthropes :)

May 4 - 02:05 PM

Beastmaster77

Matt Hilbert

haha, nice. Now I can sit back and enjoy everyone taking offense to your comment. Although truth be told I really don't find Kirsten Dunst very attractive. Liv Tyler is pretty good looking though. I guess I'd let her date me if I was single!!

May 4 - 01:11 PM

FallenTusken

Galen Hughes

I've actually got WoW running in a different window. It's called multitasking.

May 4 - 12:26 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I think she's a good addition, I would have been happy with Biel to though. This movie should deffinitely be a big step up from the other one.

May 4 - 12:27 PM

May 4 - 01:11 PM

Bane Of Anubis

C M

May 4 - 02:05 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

I guess Liv is okay as an actress, but based on some off-set gossip from her last film from someone who's close enough to be in the know, I feel sorry for anyone who has to work with her. She's apparently very insecure, has to look at each take, and is just a tad spacey. Of course, this is all rumor, but this person would have no reason to lie to me.

And I wouldn't date her, because she's not my type, being female and all. :-)

May 4 - 02:12 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast