Transformers Tidbits: Trailers, Posters, Sequels?

Summary

Dying to see a new trailer for Michael Bay's "Transformers"? Well, I sure hope you like pirate movies... Back to Article

Comments

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

this is going to suck. and by suck, i mean it will be extremely entertaining and i will be there at the midnight showing for it.

But it'll still suck.

May 7 - 06:12 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

LOL. Yeah.. But if it's better than Spiderman 3, I'll be the first to sing Bay's praises. In fact. No. Scratch that. I should go ahead and start writing my song now, because Transformers can't help but be better than "the something" I had the displeasure of seeing this past weekend.

May 7 - 06:59 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

[b]WTF[/b]
The first image of Lebeouf and Optimus.....WTF were they thinking when designing his lower face/jaw?

I love the idea for a Transformers' live action film, but when I saw the images of the robots, I was pissed. The designers are obviously computer geeks with no knowledge of mechanics considering the RIDICULOUS design for each of the autobots/decepticons. Unless they do slow motion (this is Michael Bay, mind you) of each transformation from vehicle to robot and show each part and its use, I will be thoroughly pissed off. They were designed to look cool, another Bay trademark, instead of actually work well.

I saw a myspace posting of the producers/writers sitting down and talking about how they got away from the toy designs because they were not mechanically accurate. Ummm, if the toy is a tractor trailer, then morphs into a robot, chances are good it hasn't broken any laws of physics. Chances are also good you'll see 1 second transformations so the "mechanical accuracy" will not come into direct question. Bumblebee is suspect already considering his size.

May 7 - 10:45 AM

AgentIndigo

Michael Peters

the new poster: throw back image of that poster for Escape from Alcatraz?

May 7 - 06:28 AM

Ryan Kolar

[b]WTF[/b]

May 7 - 10:45 AM

carrierj1

Joseph Carrier

[b]Whatever[/b]
Thanks, Matanuki and all of the other crybabies who complain about Spiderman 3 but also helped make it one of the most succesful movies of all time. "Transformers" is another movie that you all complain about but will also help make a box office hit. Who really sucks, programmers who make decent salaries to work on multi million dollar motion pictures or internet crybabies?

May 7 - 02:10 PM

Decade_e_a

Aaron Senters

I would like to ask every person in the RT universe a question...

Why does this movie look like it's going to kick ass as much as it does? I mean, I HATE Michael Bay and every film he's ever made. To this day I will argue that Armageddon and Pearl Harbor are the two worst films to ever make more than 10 million dollars, nuff sed.

I will answer my own question right now:
You can't fuck up Transformers. All we want to see is a bunch of cars change into robots and destroy shit. Think about it, why did we love them when we were kids?? As a kid I loved playing with toy cars. Also, the idea of a TALKING CAR that CHANGES INTO A GIANT FUCKING ROBOT IS COOL AS HELL to a 7 year old, let alone ANYONE. I mean COME ON!!!! And what is the main problem with all of Michael Bay's films? Too much attention to the action sequences and not enough to character development and dialogue. WELL WHAT THE FUCK DO WE WANT OUT OF TRANSFORMERS???? A shit ton of action sequences, that's what! I don't give a fuck about Shia LeBoeuf and his girlfriend... I want to see some goddamn shit blow up! I'm amped about this movie, and the only way it'll suck is if Michael Bay decides to listen to the critics and change his moviemaking style... tell him to do it later with the Prince of Persia film.

Opinions?

>>===aaron==>

May 7 - 09:41 PM

iakobos

J Taylor

Hmm, my brother is named Aaron, but he doesn't use as much colorful language as you do so I know you aren't him. :)
Anyway, me and my bro had a huge transformers collection when we were kids. And I agree with your assesment of the movie. We'll be there.

May 8 - 10:53 AM

Circe Prankster

Prentice Clark

I agree completely with your assessment. I'm a little too old and the wrong gender to have watched the Transformers TV show and played with the toys when I was a kid. Actually I didn't really know anything about the concept until the explosion of opinions on RT when the movie version was first announced. But once I started reading about it I thought, "Wow, somebody's pick-up truck turns into a giant robot and defends the earth from other robot invaders!" That really does sound cool, and fun to watch on a big screen with a vat of popcorn. Even though I'm not 7 anymore (far, far from it I'm afraid).

May 8 - 12:17 PM

iakobos

J Taylor

May 8 - 10:53 AM

Circe Prankster

Prentice Clark

May 8 - 12:17 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer