Trailer Bulletin: Crowe & Denzel in Ridley Scott's "American Gangster"

I'm down for anything with Ridley Scott's name on it, but when you tell me it's a gangster flick with Russell Crowe as the cop and Denzel Washington as the criminal, now that's a movie I want to see.

Based on true events (loosely, probably) "American Gangster" is about drug kingpin Frank Lucas and his reign over New York in the '70s. (I think.) Check out the trailer right here.

Based on an article by Mark Jacobson (and adapted to the screen by Steve Zaillian), "AG" looks to be one of the year-end heavy hitters, both in terms of box office and awards potential. Josh Brolin and Carla Gugino co-star. Release date is November 2nd.

Source: RT / Yahoo! Movies

Comments

arendr

Arend Anton

Not bad.

Jun 8 - 07:35 AM

patsloomis

Patrick Cruz

Denzel and Crowe's second movie together. Can't wait to see it.

Jun 8 - 08:13 AM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

Oh, yeah i remember that other movie too.

But the trailer looked good, can't wait til november to see it, should be a good movie. Cuba Gooding Jr. plays Nicky Barnes another real life drug dealer too.

Jun 8 - 11:13 AM

lavatory love machine

juan carlos petruchi

trailer looks great, a gangter film with denzel, russel and ridley, anything other than greatness will be a dissapointment

glad to see denzel plyin it heavy again, wouldn't be weird if a this known for his heroes roles would win two oscars playing the bad guy?

Jun 8 - 08:22 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Seems he's gotta play villains to get any respect from the oscars so it wouldn't surprise.

Jun 9 - 06:12 AM

Metafact

Jane Holt

[b]Wow[/b]
That was amazing. I still have some reservations about the film itself, but DAMN did that trailer look good!

Jun 8 - 08:45 AM

Faint

Josh F

I'm all over this come November.

Jun 8 - 09:39 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

I'm game for anything Sir Ridley directs.

Jun 8 - 09:46 AM

BurnInHell

Bryant King

I am so there for this movie. Looks like a winner to me. Here's a very interesting article on Frank Lucas;the man who Denzel is playing in the film.

Jun 8 - 09:58 AM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

Oh, yeah i remember that other movie too.

Jun 8 - 11:13 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

I Am Legend and American Gangster; now if this fall's lineup only had The Hobbit directed by Jackson that list would be untouchable.

Jun 8 - 11:14 AM

okuonuora

Bruce Leroy

Josh Brolin! Sweet!

Jun 8 - 01:30 PM

Metafact

Jane Holt

He's also going to be in No Country for Old Men. Looks like a good year for him.

Jun 8 - 04:02 PM

Metafact

Jane Holt

Jun 8 - 04:02 PM

DariusVIII

Sam Wotzka

I hope this can be the equal of the Departed in terms of recent crime dramas. It would be completely crazy if a ganster pic won two years running....also, I hope Ridley gets some Oscar love, I still think Gladiator is one of the best directed movies ever. Oh, I"m sooo happy Denzel is playing the bad guy too, even when he's a hero in a great movie, I kinda get sick of him playing the same character over and over, and he can be super badass when he wants to be.

Jun 8 - 06:09 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

The Departed was all kinds of good, if not a tad bit overrated. Me thinks this is gonna show it up. Scratch that. Me pretty much is gonna pull a Negrodomus and say that American Gangster WILL show up The Departed. ;-)

Jun 9 - 06:19 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Jun 9 - 06:12 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Jun 9 - 06:19 AM

gsundt

Gary Sundt

Matnuki is right on all fronts. This will be better than the Departed.

A tough feet, but by God, I bet it's better than the Departed...

Jun 9 - 07:26 AM

Floor Man

Floor Man

Looking forward to it. :)

Jun 9 - 09:39 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Now if they could just find a way to work Johnny Depp in as a slightly effeminate pirate hitman we could have the holy trinity of movie actors all in the same movie. Just mail them the Oscar now.

Jun 10 - 02:14 AM

DariusVIII

Sam Wotzka

I wrote that previous comment without actually having seen the trailer due to my retarded internet connection, but now that I have (actually 4 times), methinks I have to agree with you guys and say it'll be better than The Departed. It's got equal, if not better, actors, and in my opinion, an equal director, not to mention a Godlike producer....too bad there's one long, wonderful, time to party summer before that....

Jun 11 - 12:11 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer