"Sin City" Sequels Are Delayed, But Still Coming

The good news is that Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez are still planning to do TWO "Sin City" sequels. The bad news is that it just might take a little longer than expected.

With Rodriguez now busy with his "Barbarella" remake and Miller getting ready to shoot "The Spirit," that leaves a lot of "Sin City" fans wondering what's up. Here's what Mr. Miller told the MTV Movies Blog:
Quote:

"There was just some problems above us that I don't understand?that I don't really want to understand," Miller said matter of factly about studio delays in pre-production. All of which shouldn't bum out fans, he insisted, since he expects not only to eventually film "Sin City 2," but "Sin City 3" as well.

It's been widely reported that the first sequel will be based on the "A Dame to Kill For Story," but now we're hearing that Part 3 will be based on a story called "Hell and Back" -- and apparently the filmmakers want Johnny Depp for the lead.

So be patient!

Check out our previous "Sin City" sequel reports right here and here.

Source: MTV Movies Blog

Comments

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

um good.

Jun 8 - 06:56 AM

tycox

Tyler C

[b]DAMN THE DELAYS!!![/b]
I wish the would just shut the hell up about Sin City 2 and/or 3 until they are actually going to make it. I don't know what the hell R.R. is doing making Barbarella instead of Sin City 2. And I totally called Johnny Depp playing the role of Wallace in Hell and Back.

Jun 8 - 08:28 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

[b]moo[/b]
this is like deja vu all over again. very sick of hearing of the delays but if it means BOTH guys are doing two movies instead of one...i'm all for that. personally, i'd rather see the 300 sequel Miller wants than another Sin City because of all the ? marks surrounding it.

Jun 8 - 08:38 AM

the-russian

Nick Danczyk

The wait doesn't bother me at all. It's refreshing to see a franchise NOT feel the need to push out sequel after sequel as soon as possible. Look what happened to Spidey, Pirates, Shrek, some examples that stick out from recent memory...

Jun 8 - 09:51 AM

Jero242

Jeff Augustyn

I really dont care as long as they make the movies eventually. Sin City is one of my favorite movies already; and i have faith that Miller and Rodriguez REALLY want to make the sequels work. Im willing to wait... just as long as the final product isn't rushed.

Jun 8 - 09:53 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Agreed. Don't rush this. It'll be worth the wait, just do it quality like the first Sin City.

Jun 8 - 09:54 AM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Hell and Back? seriously? Okay, tell ya what, frank, we'll compromise. Bring out Sin City 2, Then the Spirit (because it sounds like it's gonna be good0 Then bring out Sin City 3. Barbarella can wait, I WANT SIN!!!!!!

Jun 8 - 06:20 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

Gives me time to finally see the first one...

Jun 10 - 11:05 AM

ShAKe n BAkE

jonno smith

Go see it, it's great

Jun 10 - 10:22 PM

shewantsrevenge

Nicole Bennett

I love Sin City.
But I will NEVER watch a suquel with Johnny Depp as the lead. EVER.

Nov 15 - 06:39 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>