First Pics of Will Smith as "John Hancock"

The movie used to be called "Tonight, He Comes." Thankfully they changed it to "John Hancock."

The Will Smith / Charlize Theron / Jason Bateman movie doesn't hit theaters until next July, but Just Jared has the very first pics of Smith in character. So check them out right here.

The Peter Berg-directed project boasts a pretty unique concept: A disgraced superhero (Smith) falls in love with the wife (Diaz) of the public relations guy (Bateman) who's trying to repair his (Smith's) image. Interesting. And (like films such as "Unbreakable," "Sky High," and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend") this is a superhero flick that doesn't hail from an outside source.

The original screenplay comes from Vince Gilligan and Vincent Ngo. Sony is shooting for a July 2nd release date.

Source: Just Jared

Comments

123Dan123

Dan Rhodenizer

Not really interested in this movie.

Jul 9 - 11:31 AM

South_park300

First Last

ur not interested, but you took the time to post that fact. you rock

Jul 9 - 12:01 PM

dolby70mm

Dan Last

Freedom of speech, buddie...just as much freedom for you to say "ur not interested, but you took the time to post that fact. you rock."

Jul 14 - 07:55 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

This is one of those movies that could go either way. I'll still be following it carefully; it sounds interesting.

Jul 9 - 12:07 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

But why is there an "Unbreakable" picture?

Jul 9 - 12:09 PM

skasforfags

Andy Grant

Is this supposed to be a comedy?

Jul 9 - 12:16 PM

LAZARUS007

Stephen Abang

[b]Comedic drama .........[/b]
with still a touch of superhero elements .

Jul 10 - 09:45 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Is he supposed to look mentally retarded?

The Unbreakable picture is because that movie was mentioned in the article, I guess.

Jul 9 - 12:26 PM

RT-News

Rotten Tomatoes News Submission

Unbreakable was in there as a placeholder pic. Just changed it. No, that's not Will Smith circa Fresh Prince -- that's from John Hancock.

Jul 9 - 12:29 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Hmmm is this supposed to be a comedy like Mystery Men or My Super-Ex or a serious drama like Unbreakable or Heroes?

Jul 9 - 01:11 PM

Scarborough Fair

Kyle Beaudette

I don't like that people complain when someone makes a comment such as "This movie looks no good" or "Looks like shit"
why can't people say that? We should only be coming to a forum to applaud a movie?
"Oh you don't care for the film, but you took the time to comment blah blah blah."
yes??? you twat! someone can come in and say "This does not look like an interesting project" if that's how they feel?

Jul 9 - 01:16 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

As usual my dimwitted chum you miss the point entirely. The very fact that you took the time to read the article and then took the additional time to comment on it completely contradicts the statement that you're not interested in the project and more annoyingly for me like many of a certain someone I knows comments really contributes nothing of value to the discussion which is why for now and evermore with every fiber of my being...hate you Scarborough Fair.

Jul 9 - 01:31 PM

Bane Of Anubis

C M

Know you're lashing out viscerally there at SF, but I have to agree with him. Just b/c you read something, doesn't mean you're interested in the subject matter (and it's not like you picked up War and Peace and kept slogging through). You start reading something to find out about it... as you go along, it either sounds good or bad... you read more to see if anything adds/detracts from the initial opinion, and, if you feel strongly one way or another (-- in this case, that this plot sounds horribly forced), then you make a comment....

Sorry 'bout the pronoun ambiguity. First you, is you, rest of the yous could be general yous or those yous could be mes/Is... savy :)

Jul 9 - 03:08 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

I've never heard of someone apologizing for pronoun ambiguity before. Pretty sure that's not necessary.

Jul 9 - 03:29 PM

kfarschman

Kurt Farschman

I guess for some people reading and writing (or typing) is such a choir that reading a small paragraph and typing a sentence will only be done for subjects they are completely invested in.

Jul 9 - 04:26 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

I'm feelin' da love between Scarborough Fair and BB!

Jul 9 - 05:11 PM

dolby70mm

Dan Last

I thought EVERYTHING had its "Pros" and "Cons"

And the title of these "article forums" is USER COMMENTS...not FAN COMMENTS...or GOOD COMMENTS....or COMMENTS APPROVED BY BIGBROTHER....LOL

Jul 11 - 02:33 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Hey if someone wants to go thru life being a waste of space, I guess they can go right ahead. The world needs ditch digger too. For my money Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life though. :)

Seriously though, I can't stop anyone from making pointless comments if they're seriously committed to doing it. I just hope pointing such things out will lead people to choose to stop and think before they speak instead of just saying everybody should be encouraged to spout whatever gibberish they choose regardless of content or validity because hey that's why we have free speech. Call me crazy, but I don't think that was the intent of Freedom of Speech...I don't think Thomas Jefferson was thinking "God I hope this really allows people to be as stupid as they wanna be completely unchecked and will someday reduce everything to it's most pointless incarnation and completely do away with intellectual discussions in the long run" :)

Jul 11 - 03:02 AM

dolby70mm

Dan Last

Maybe his goal was to ANNOY you. LOL Looks like it worked! LOL

Jul 11 - 02:36 AM

dolby70mm

Dan Last

"...hate you Scarborough Fair." Guuooooodd. FEEL the hate flowing through you.....go to the darkside, my apprentice!!!! MUHAHHAHHA!

Jul 14 - 08:00 PM

CMPunk>you

Chris Cook

[b]Sorry[/b]
It is INDEED quite stupid to take the time to read something, and then turn around and say that you are "not interested" in it. If you weren't interested in it, why bother taking the time to log in, read about it, and then waste space saying the exact opposite? *cough*contradicting*cough*

Go ahead and bash me for saying the truth, but at least someone else besides me had the sack to say it.

Jul 9 - 11:27 PM

dolby70mm

Dan Last

I agree Scarborough.

Jul 14 - 07:54 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

At first I thought it was going to be a more serious film now I'm not sure. he looks pretty weird in the pics.

Jul 9 - 01:20 PM

Jul 9 - 03:29 PM

kfarschman

Kurt Farschman

Jul 9 - 04:26 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

I'm feelin' da love between Scarborough Fair and BB!

Jul 9 - 05:11 PM

dolby70mm

Dan Last

I thought EVERYTHING had its "Pros" and "Cons"

Jul 11 - 02:33 AM

Jul 9 - 04:26 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Jul 9 - 03:29 PM

Scarborough Fair

Kyle Beaudette

Bane of Anubis, your pronoun use makes me wanna RETCH. But thank you for agreeing with me. The forum is a place to comment on the film. If your comment is "this does not look like a good movie based upon what I've just read" then that is your comment.
It says USER COMMENTS up there, not USER PRAISE FOR THIS FILM.
Now when some kid writes "this looks like the suxxors", I know it's hard to not tell him to just shut up. But we can still tell him to shut up, just not because "he shouldn't comment on a film he doesn't want to see" but rather "because he is a cunt" for spelling things wrong/talking in stupid internet speak.

Jul 9 - 03:56 PM

Scarborough Fair

Kyle Beaudette

Also, bigbrother I love you.
But get this, you don't want people to post about things they hate because it adds nothing to the conversation, apparently. But you hate me and constantly post that fact. Should i complain about you posting about how you hate my posts because it adds nothing to my (albeit insane) post?

the answer is no, because I love you.

:P now kiss me.

Jul 9 - 04:06 PM

kfarschman

Kurt Farschman

Jul 9 - 04:26 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

He kinda looks like a hobo in some pictures...

Jul 9 - 05:10 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

I'm feelin' da love between Scarborough Fair and BB!

Jul 9 - 05:11 PM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

i didn't know the first guy to sign the Declaration of Independce was black.

sorry, someone had to make the reference.

Jul 9 - 05:46 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

Damn you. I was going to :D

Jul 9 - 06:53 PM

tycox

Tyler C

[b]WILL SMITH LOOKS LIKE A QUEER!!![/b]
I got nothing against gays but to see Will Smith and hear that it is a super hero movie he is dressed like that for it makes me think one thing...IT HAS TO BE A MARVEL MOVIE...ONLY MARVEL MOVIES ARE THAT GAY!!!! But I guess Marvel movies do appeal to the fools that read these articles on R.T. so I'm sure they are looking forward to wasting their money to sit in a theater for three hours while watching a man wearing short shorts and his legs all greased up prancing around with his womens sun glasses and his shiny lip balm. Got to love those gay ass Marvel movies!

Jul 9 - 05:57 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer