Trailer Bulletin: Beowulf Second Trailer!

See the second clip now!

Jonesing for a peek at some more Beowulf footage? Apple Trailers has what you're looking for.

The second trailer for Robert Zemeckis' adaptation of the Old English epic, starring Angelina Jolie, Ray Winstone, and Anthony Hopkins, is up now. Less Jolie-centric and more action-heavy than the first trailer, it should help tide you over until November 16. Click the link below!

Source: Apple Trailers (Trailer #2)

Comments

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

I guess I'll see it. I like Grendel.

Sep 20 - 08:27 AM

superfecta

Lisa Grimm

Hmm...I think I preferred 'Beowulf and Grendel' but it looks like this also has Icelandic horses. That's really all I need in a Beowulf film, I suppose...

Sep 20 - 10:57 AM

jukeboxhero6660

Daren Fowler

these things keep making me want to see it, and i didnt want to at first because there have been so many awful versions of beowulf but this looks pretty good.

Sep 20 - 11:30 AM

rcbaker87

Clay Baker

Even if its the worst movie ever made, It won't be as bad as actually reading Beowulf.

Sep 20 - 11:45 AM

DaHypr1

Jim Huete

liar! i liked that book!

Sep 20 - 11:49 AM

DaHypr1

Jim Huete

liar! i liked that book!

Sep 20 - 11:49 AM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

Wow, no posts about the crappy CGI plastic zombie eyes.

I guess I'll have to do it myself.

So why bother to do animation that mostly looks like a poor imitation of live action? And what's up with those creepy plastic zombie eyes that they still can't get right?

Sep 20 - 01:14 PM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

I don't know about this, either! I appreciated the story (not the best, but powerful if you dig beneath what's going on the surface) and I love Robert Zemeckis' films, but I'm no big fan of the shrek-looking visuals, nor of the way they're portraying Grendel in this one. But I definitely doubt this could be any worse than Christopher Lambert's poor-excuse for an adaptation of "Beowulf" back in 1999! Worst movie ever. Period.

Sep 20 - 03:27 PM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

Sep 20 - 03:27 PM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

I too do not know about this one yet. I agree with the statement about the effects. Are directors affraid to make a great epic these days? I mean, look how Lord of the Rings did. Why would Live action be so horrible?

Sep 20 - 03:56 PM

renodc

Ryan Meals

I'm all for pushing the envelope in filmmaking, but this CGI motion capture stuff just
looks weird.

Sep 20 - 03:56 PM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

i agree and was going to say that before. I hate this animation. It looks gawky... gimmicky and very fake. Boo.

Sep 20 - 04:09 PM

EmmG389

First Last

This movie looks like ****. Why couldn't they have just had real actors instead of animated ones? Didn't Zemeckis see how big of a failure Final Fantasy was and his Polar Express was a cold film and a huge miscalculation at the box office. Zemeckis, go back and make another awesome Tom Hanks movie like Castaway or Forrest Gump where there were real people involved or if you want to make a great movie with no actors do a sequel of Wilson the volleyball and his adventures.

Sep 20 - 04:12 PM

apostate

Colin Schmied

Those that made this need to read (or re-read) up on "the Uncanny Valley" effect. This film unfortunately looks loaded with it.

Sep 21 - 12:09 AM

CodeClearanceBlue

Bradley Peinhardt

The trailer looks like the opening of an RPG on XBox (a la Elder Scrolls). The music is laughable. Beowulf has been needing a high-dollar film version for many years. It won't get one now. What a waste. The Shrek comparison is right on the money.

Sep 21 - 01:26 AM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

"his Polar Express was a cold film and a huge miscalculation at the box office"

Um...no. It was a cold film, and it started slow at the box office but ended up making money in the long run. The 3d imax definitely helped it a lot.

And apostate, the uncanny valley thing is exactly the problem with these movies. Monster House was better because even though they did motion capture, they made the character designs more cartoony and less realistic.

And yeah, the music editing for the second trailer is an absolute train wreck, some of the worst trailer music I've ever heard.

Sep 21 - 02:17 PM

Bondesque

shanto Armonde

It opened with 28 million guys!! doesn't any one see that. 150 million in production and probably 50 mil in marketing!! it is a failure already. and if CGI hasn't reached the point where it is actually better than live-action then why use it for a whole movie? - a movie that could just as easily have been made live-action. all they needed were green-screens and 80 million. now. . . well now it is a disaster.

Nov 18 - 09:23 PM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies