Heath Ledger: 1979-2008

Summary

Heath Ledger, star of films including Brokeback Mountain, 10 Things I Hate About You, and the forthcoming The Dark Knight, was found dead this afternoon. He was 28. Back to Article

Comments

Racer Z

Shannon Potratz

Horrible news. I'm very saddened by this and my heart goes out to his girlfriend and their 2-year-old daughter.

I'm shocked and angered, but RIP Heath.

Jan 22 - 03:48 PM

Cadillacdmac

Derek McCawley

This is a shame, hes about to star in possibly his greatest role of his carrer and this happends. He was a great actor and had so much more of his life to live. R.I.P. Black Knight box office numbers are gonna be crazy now!

Jan 22 - 03:48 PM

dannyphantom105

Dan Kless

aw this is really sad, he was young. he was in some movies i liked too.

does anyone know whats gonna happen with batman now? i thought he was done filming.

Jan 22 - 03:49 PM

titanic100992000

Marcoantonio Gonzalez

WHY,,,,,WHY......WHY does rotten tommatoes allow such scumbags like YOU (thetonyshow screename) to post such stupidities in regards to something so delicate! seriously...Heath Ledger was not only a very talented actor but also human like you and I and you know what? i don't think you should open your big mouth and straight out say that it was drugs and ****...not even the police know if it was illegal drugs yet... you STUPID ****!
fyi: as early as next week the police will know if it was an accidental overdose or suicide so how can some idiot like YOU...be sooo ****ing certain as to post such thing saying that him like all the other "celebrities...will never learn" and besides who the **** r U to judge? you're an idiot and you should be banned from rotten tomatoes...DUMBASS!

Jan 25 - 08:31 AM

The Tony Show

Tony Pagano

Celebrities and drugs- when will they learn?

Such a shame to lose another talented young actor for reasons like this. :(

Jan 22 - 03:50 PM

sos10

Sosthen Hennekam

People and drugs... it is a horrible combination, not just for celebraties.

Jan 23 - 10:01 AM

CalvinandHobbes23

Matt Gibbs

i read he didn't die from drugs and that the pills found near him were sleeping pills, he had been having trouble sleeping

Jan 23 - 10:19 AM

cdude2k4

C C

@ The Tony Show:

This is really sad, he wasn't the drug-addict type of guy. He couldn't sleep because of the stress and all that, before his death he was always so tired looking, he probably slept like 2-3 hours a day. Rest in peace, Heath Ledger and I feel really sorry for his family and especially his daughter. I hope he will be remembered through the movie Dark Knight.

Jan 26 - 08:38 AM

Albert

Alberto De la Hoz

Horrible news. He had a really promising future ahead. How am I supposed to watch The Dark Knight without feeling sad now?

Jan 22 - 03:51 PM

Punchinelli

Jeremy Tuttle

One of my favorite actors - this is terrible, and it really puts thing into perspective.......

Jan 22 - 03:51 PM

mchuthakieo

Mike Chuthakieo

This is just way too sad.

Jan 22 - 03:51 PM

Bardego

Robert Hamer

This is such sad news. It's just surreal to imagine a "Dedicated to Heath Ledger, 1979-2008" card at the end of The Dark Knight.

Jan 22 - 03:52 PM

Bloody Mathias

Mathias N/A

This is beyond HORRIBLE! The Joker was supposed to be in the third Batman film too! Now what?!?

And the rumours that his sleeping pill overdose was for insomnia cause by his role as The Joker is enough to break my heart.

RIP Heath, we'll miss you.

Jan 22 - 03:52 PM

Dooud

jade crain

Sad time to be a film fan, he was a good young actor. RIP

Jan 22 - 03:53 PM

xEchOx

Ryan Hartley

This makes me angry to believe that stuff like this happens out of no where. He was young and talented. R.I.P bro

Jan 22 - 03:55 PM

zorza

michal tecza

I'll miss him. He was one of the most talented young actors. What a shame...

RIP

Jan 22 - 03:55 PM

T0nksie

madison embss

I can't believe it.. I'm in shock right now.. :(

Jan 22 - 03:56 PM

mtj4life

Tsana Gregory

Truly sad news. My heart and prayers go out to his young daughter and family. He was truly an up and coming actor. I was really looking forward to seeing him in Dark Knight. And though I will still see it, it just won't be the same knowing Heath Ledgers no longer with us. It really proves it any more so that we shouldn't take anything for granted. Live life to it's fullest. You never know when it's your time....Rest in Peace Heath.

Jan 22 - 03:56 PM

muggsey

Luke Bogue

Terrible. Someone's dad, someone's son.

Jan 22 - 03:57 PM

ParanoidAndroid

jeremiah brookes

****tttttttyyyyyyyyyy news. this really bothers me. I really liked him as an actor. Thumbs down

Jan 22 - 03:57 PM

LordVapor

Justin Quarterman

It is very sad.... Only thing I can think to console myself is that knowing that his last role in The Dark Knight will be his finest role, as he portrays the Joker as he should have always been portrayed.

RIP sir, RIP.

"When you go, Go with a smile"

Jan 22 - 03:58 PM

Rorshack

Rorschach Hcahcsror

Unfortunate news, he was a great actor.

Jan 22 - 03:58 PM

gordan_hk

Gordan Ristovski

RIP

Jan 22 - 03:58 PM

Bradley J. Timm

Bradley Timm

Of all the actors that this could happen to... Man. He was gonna have an amazing career. Its Brandon Lee all over again.

Jan 22 - 03:58 PM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel