What The Hell Happened To Shannon Elizabeth?

Summary

In our second installment of What The Hell Happened To... we again turn to the Tomatometer to chart the rise and fall of a once-promising Hollywood talent. [To read our inaugural assessment of Wesley Snipes, click here.] What will the Tomatometer tell us, and is there any remedy for Shannon Elizabeth? Back to Article

Comments

clamman27

Rob Clark

Attitude? Then I wonder why the hell J. Ho was a career at all.

Aug 25 - 10:47 PM

camperoriginal

kevin allardice

The problem as I see it: She's great looking, but in a superficial way; that is, she could never convince me that she's brilliant, or anything other that what she always plays. She seems to play up the -- hate to say it -- bimbo appeal. There are plenty of beautiful actresses who are versatile and successful because they don't play into this. But it's hard to see her as anything but. Sorry to say.

Aug 26 - 05:33 AM

Dark Knight jr.

Kae LaFond

Flash, minor substance. Maybe she's just worth a nut? Heh, and some quality time. As for movies, her lack of substance or rep has doomed her career. She'll be forgotten quickly. Too bad, but I wish her the best.

Aug 26 - 07:13 AM

WesM

Wesley Masters

Hahaha nice :)
Man, this is a depressing segment though...

Aug 26 - 10:38 AM

evilkingtigral

Who Cares

"Sure, we loved her as Nadia, but that was due to her hotness and toplessness and not because we thought Shannon Elizabeth was a good actress. Her path to being forgotten in Hollywood is of no surprise to me."

But Jessica Alba has no talent, and yet she gets work. This girl is way hotter than that, why can't I at least munch on some snacks and watch someone hotter preform the same fail acting that has corrupted many of our great movies?

Aug 27 - 12:04 AM

ClarkWGriswold

John Stone

Who in the hell cares where she is. She is a TERRIBLE actress, absolutely awful.

Aug 27 - 06:10 AM

areyoucereal

Matt L.

most people would because shees sooo hot

Aug 27 - 11:09 AM

spoonard

Christian Dixon

I believe she put a "no nudity" clause added to her contracts because that's all she was getting offers for. After that I belive what happened and why is pretty clear. I'm fairly certain the same thing is going to happen to Megan Fox after doing this "Jennifer's Body" movie where she appears nude.

Aug 27 - 03:30 PM

CoolHandHan

Benny Hall

I was a huge fan of hers. I saw her at City Walk at Universal a few months back. She walked right towards me and it took me a second to realize it was her. It had been so long since I had been interested in her and her career that I didn't even say hi or ask for an autograph. I mentioned the sighting to a friend at work, saying I wondered what she had been doing recently since I couldn't rememeber the last time I saw her in something. The friend replied Dancing with the Stars. Talk about the death knell of one's career.

Aug 28 - 04:28 PM

fluxboy

Flux Boy

Articles like this always seem a bit mean spirited.

Not many make it to the silver screen, and even if it was only for being ridiculously hot (and as I recall, her American Pie scene is the only scene I recall), what of it?

There are many far prettier, far more talented, that will never be known by anyone. She got dealt a good hand, had some fun, and cashed in what she could. Not a bad deal.

You rock, Shannon. You'll always be the '99 dream girl.

Aug 28 - 05:24 PM

client#9

JonPaul Crimi

I saw her just the other day at Von's supermarket. I was like "hey can you please not put the apple juice on top of the Wonder bread?"

Aug 29 - 02:17 PM

The Mighty Celestial

Mighty Celestial

I'd hit it.
Even if Hollywood wouldn't,
I still wood.
I mean, would.

Aug 29 - 09:23 PM

unpropitious

Chris File

obviously she hasn't won an oscer or anything but she still has jobs.. she has enough money to drop 10 g's every year for the WS of poker after all, and lets not discount the fact that we are still talking about her after all these years. to say she has no talent is redick because she can act, maybe not great but what the hell do we know. The fact is she is still appealing so anything is possible. owe yeah and Mighty Celestial Im with ya on that one she's a good lookin women.

Sep 2 - 04:43 AM

stephanie555

stephanie schlicker

Well just so you know although her movie career has been set on the back burner.... temporarily I assume, she is one hell of a poker player. She came in one of the top positions on Heads Up poker Championship , last year and this year. Shannon also plays a mean main event tournament and for anyone who plays poker you know it takes alot of work and time. So Shannon keep up the great work at poker and win a bracelet before you put all your time and effort back into the arts!!!

Sep 2 - 11:50 AM

HandsomeDood

David Dalaten

Did anybody predict otherwise. Did anybody see her in that show, "Thank God You're here"? It's a improv comedy show, and she totally made out with cast members to attract attention and laughs. Kinda sad. She aint funny nor talented. Poor girl.

Sep 2 - 01:37 PM

HandsomeDood

David Dalaten

Sep 2 - 01:38 PM

fletc3her

fletcher sandbeck

Doesn't she need to have had a string of successes before she can fall off the radar? I don't see how being a supporting actor in the American Pie movies quite qualifies. Her career looks like a steady stream of supporting roles for a model turned actress.

Sep 6 - 06:27 PM

Shastar

Daniel Taraschke

I would have bought Shannon as Sue Storm a lot better than Jessica Alba.

Sep 7 - 09:55 AM

Shastar

Daniel Taraschke

I would have bought Shannon as Sue Storm a lot better than Jessica Alba.

Sep 7 - 10:00 AM

tonydr58

Tony DeRosa

No Nudity Claus? Is that like the No Sanity Claus?
This page has been a huge waste of time.

Sep 7 - 05:55 PM