Spielberg's Lincoln in December?

Summary

After years of development, could Steven Spielberg actually be planning to get his Lincoln biopic in theaters by Christmas? That's the word from writer Tony Kushner. Back to Article

Comments

oddjob323

kevin strawn

I don't think it will come out that fast. If it does, he's going for the Oscar.

Feb 11 - 03:39 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

I was wondering who'd be Spielberg's Abe... then I read Liam is set for the part. I shoulda guessed that. That guy's awesome.

Feb 11 - 06:02 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Yeah I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Feb 11 - 07:36 AM

Hari Seldon

R Whitten

I think a movie based on 2 months of Lincoln's life is not worthy of his importance. Spielberg might as well do Lincoln's version of JFK instead.

Feb 11 - 08:29 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Spielberg has proven that he's at his best when he does these more personal projects. He certainly is willing to take more risks, making his work more interesting than normal. It seems strange to me that, at this point in his career, it's still so hard for him to get these movies made. If I were him, I would quit making the big budget studio films and devote myself to my personal films. Hasn't he earned that?

Feb 11 - 09:08 AM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

I am excited about this film and would rather he spend time on this then the Tin Tin motion capture crap.

Feb 11 - 10:25 AM

opTIMus Nerd

Tim Ahlberg

Arendr you'd think he has earned the right to make only personal films but I am not sure he particularly only wants to. HIS favorite flicks often to seem to be like Roland Emmerich and Michael Bay flicks so I sometimes wonder if the block buster style IS his personal style?

Feb 11 - 01:59 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Well, Optimus he's been making a lot of small or more personal stuff like "Munich" and "Catch Me If You Can" which is much more interesting. He at least challenges himself on those projects. Normally, Spielberg plays it very safe.

Feb 12 - 10:45 AM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

What's the rush steven? Oh right, Obama won...

CHK-CHING!

Feb 11 - 02:19 PM

A Lapse In Reason

Nick Haskell

Well this is also the year that Lincoln turns 200 years old that might have something to with it. Also another Oscar in his trophy room would be nice too I assume.

Feb 12 - 04:43 AM