RT Twitters, Live from the Oscars!

Backstage tweets on all the fashions, celebrities, winners, and more!

Hollywood's biggest night has finally arrived, and Rotten Tomatoes is right there on the ground to bring you real-time reports from backstage at the 81st Annual Academy Awards. If you're already following RT on Twitter, then you're a step ahead of the game, as we speak, Rotten Tomatoes is covering the telecast, live -- from right inside the winner's interview room in Hollywood, CA! (Sign up and follow RT here.)

RT's own Jen Yamato (yes, yours truly) will be decked out in formal wear backstage at the Oscars, where she'll be Twittering the telecast in real time. As winners make their way to the interview room, trophy in hand, you'll hear the behind-the-scenes story about the night's biggest winners. Who will be so excited about her win that she nearly loses a Jimmy Choo? Which nominee will get caught in the restroom as their name is called? We'll be Twittering it all: winners (and losers), good (and bad) speeches, onstage shenanigans, backstage tears of joy, which A-listers are chummy off screen, and who's had a few too many sips of Moet. (Browse our gallery of Oscar nominees here.)

Also expect to hear post-win reactions from this year's winners as they appear for interviews throughout the night. Have a question for the night's winners? Leave a comment below and, if you're lucky, we'll put it to the celebrities who come through the press room.

And for our full awards season coverage (including our new Oscars Trivia Quiz and lists of this year's major award winners and nominees), make sure to visit our Awards Tour. With Rotten Tomatoes to guide you, this year's Oscar pool is in the bag!

Follow RT on Twitter here.

Comments

JPRaup

Jordan Raup

Twitter is awesome! I follow you guys.

Here is mine: http://www.twitter.com/thefilmstage

Feb 18 - 09:52 AM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

Good Job, Jen.

I love the razzies!

Feb 19 - 06:36 PM

kyle x.

kyle xy

After several years of testing and modification, our engineer finally worked out the world's best match system.Check out *** SUGARBABYDATE. CO M *** There are Over millions of profiles from all over the world! No matter where you are or what you are, you can find someone just around your neighborhood. You can get their pictures, phone numbers, locations, and almost any information.Everything is FREE!

Feb 19 - 07:42 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Awesome, I am already following the RT twitter- and I am honored that RT and yes even you Jen follow my twitter!

Feb 19 - 08:44 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Also if anyone is interested in following me here is my twitter... all I ask is that YOU BOW TO ME! MUHAHA... but seriously here is my twitter.

Feb 19 - 08:45 PM

bboylefty08

Gerard Johnson

very cool

Feb 20 - 08:40 AM

beamersooner

Ben Walnick

Twitter is cool. Check out: Alertthingy.com Its a desktop app that lets you follow twitter, facebook, and newsfeeds all in one program. Pretty cool

Feb 20 - 11:19 AM

knowingtoast85

brian Firenzi

This Oscars is going to be impossible to watch. I really like Hugh Jackman, I do. But no one can survive hosting that show these days, there's too much pretension in the audience, too much boredom at home, and no help from the writers in back. I'm going to be walking out of the room constantly to avoid feeling terrible for Hugh.

Feb 20 - 12:00 PM

Harrison A.

Harrison Adler

Im so looking forward to the Oscars
Heath Ledger is going to get best male supporting actor
Slumdog Millionare is going to win Best Picture
Maybe Sean Penn will win best male lead actor for Milk???

Feb 22 - 01:11 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Who's watching and who's with me Tweeting live?

Feb 22 - 04:41 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Remember, submit questions for the winners here!

Feb 22 - 05:53 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

=(

I'm sorry. I was at an oscar party and I wasn't allowed to Twitter. Everyone's loss.

=(

Feb 22 - 10:52 PM

Serena S.

Serena Sugar

After years of testing and modification, our engineers finally worked out the world's best match system. Check out *** INTERRACIALCONNECT. CO M *** There are Over millions of profiles from all over the world! No matter where you are or what you are, you can find someone just around your neighborhood. You can get their pictures, phone numbers, locations, and almost any information. Everything is FREE!

Feb 23 - 09:37 PM

Staci Layne Wilson

Staci Layne Wilson

Great report, Jen! Thanks for the insider's peek.

Feb 24 - 06:20 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday