Backstage at the Oscars: My First Time

Summary

In the movie world there is no event greater, no red carpet glitzier, no awards show more meaningful, than that of the Academy Awards. While millions watch the biggest night in Hollywood via television and thousands post show commentaries on their blogs (or, in the case of this year, on Twitter), Rotten Tomatoes was on the ground, right smack dab in the middle of it all. Read on as RT's Jen Yamato recounts this year's Oscars show, from the best parts of the musical-laden telecast to the quiet moments backstage with the night's triumphant winners. Read her full report here. Back to Article

Comments

The Great One

A Z

Great write-up Jen...looking stunning as always

Feb 24 - 06:50 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Great article Jen, that must have been a fun night. Also is it just me or does Danny Boyle seem like the coolest guy, the guy is literally always smiling! Every picture he is in he always has a big smile, which is kind of ironic since most of his movies are pretty dark- except Slumdog though it is dark at times of course. It must have been interested hearing Penn talk in person, now does that guy ever smile? Someone needs to read him Green Eggs and Ham to cheer him up, hee-hee (get it guys!). He was awesome in Milk and I wouldn't call his win an upset at all but just a surprise.

Feb 24 - 07:05 PM

jocorotten

Joanna Cohen

When I grow up I am going to be an Academy Librarian!

Feb 24 - 07:36 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Good article Jen, and you're looking lovely. I can't get enough of Philippe Petit. I swear, if he were balancing my Oscar, there'd be a brawl. I think Jackman's FIRST song was good, the second...was overdone. Nice ceremony all in all.

Feb 24 - 09:39 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

It was over done because of those damn High School musical kids! Damn Zac Efrom! DAMN THE ZAC!

Feb 24 - 09:59 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Let's make that an internet meme! DAMN THE ZAC!

Feb 24 - 10:13 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Feb 24 - 09:59 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Let's make that an internet meme! DAMN THE ZAC!

Feb 24 - 10:13 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Let's make that an internet meme! DAMN THE ZAC!

Feb 24 - 10:13 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Thanks, guys! Boom goes the dynamite! Where's tomwaitsjr with the Space Chimps love?

Feb 25 - 12:11 AM

Jason C Wilkerson

Jason Wilkerson

Where does the Boom goes the dynamite thing start?! I remember first hearing it on Family Guy and it's exploded since then. Great article though. Was I the only one that thought the Pineapple Express skit wasn't overdone? I thought it was hilarious throughout the entire time. I thought the all of the musical parts were done nicely (although I could have done without anyone from High School Musical). I actually got my gf to watch (a miracle in itself) and she kept watching because of the musical elements, so I would imagine there were probably other new viewers like that as well. Overall it was the best show they've had in years.

Feb 25 - 12:14 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

The origins of "boom goes the dynamite": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no

Feb 25 - 05:14 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday