Cannes 2009: RT's 10 Most Anticipated Movies

Summary

The Cannes Film Festival will screen nearly 100 films as part of its Official Selection and associated sidebars when it kicks off next week in the Southern France town. The festival runs from 13-24th May and there are plenty of exciting new movies to keep an eye out for as they premiere on Cannes' infamous Croisette. To save you the hassle of having to research the whole programme, RT has helpfully chosen ten films we're most excited to see. Join us as we take a journey through the Cannes Film Festival 2009, kicking off with our daily coverage on Wednesday. Back to Article

Comments

Jason C Wilkerson

Jason Wilkerson

That's distribution though, they didn't give money to make the movie, and that's what I always took to be the definition of independent: that a major studio doesn't fund the movie itself.

May 10 - 04:06 PM

rachel_renegade

Rachel Leigh

Actually, Universal footed some of the budget for Basterds.

May 15 - 04:39 PM

snickerskicker

Richard Crismore

Most of these look pretty good. I have my fingers crossed for Tetro because I want Coppola to have at least one more great movie.

May 10 - 04:29 PM

JohnnyJonJon

Jonathan Groen

Willem Dafoe never ceases to amaze me. He plays Jesus in one controversial film, and now he's in another called Antichrist. This is why he is one of my favorites!

May 10 - 06:26 PM

TheCaptain of TeamLoyalty

John Webb

UP is clearly going to be the best movie out of the bunch.

May 12 - 06:52 AM

The Red Knight

Stacey Knight

Thirst has certainly sparked my interest and following the cult success of the Vengence trilogy I'm intrigued to see if this is a first of a series for Park Chan-Wook. Lets just hope Hollywood don't pick it up and ruin it!

May 12 - 08:19 AM

Chris R.

Chris Roland

I cannot wait to see the reviews out of Cannes this year, I am particularly looking forward to Antichrist and Imaginarium... something about the Tarantino worries me. It'll either be genius or awful, and I'm currently somewhere in the middle. Have to wait and see!

May 13 - 03:41 AM

Ant Etches

Ant Etches

I don't know why but I feel whenever I see a trailer for Inglourious Basterds I think it looks absolutely terrible.

May 13 - 12:20 PM

kally l.

kally lee

My friend recommended me a very interesting place *** WealthyFinder COM *** It's where wealthy singles and celebrities looking for someone to enjoy their wealthy lifestyle with.

May 14 - 08:17 PM

Aimee

Aimee 8

I'm looking forward to Antichrist, Parnassus and Drag Me To Hell!

May 15 - 03:46 PM

rachel_renegade

Rachel Leigh

Actually, Universal footed some of the budget for Basterds.

May 15 - 04:39 PM

new movies dvd releases

shane smith

I'm actually gonna be at Cannes starting Monday and I can't freaking wait. Me and Tarantino are gonna get some drinks after the premiere.... and then I'll wake up from my dream haha

Aug 7 - 03:50 AM

Jack Waters

zachary leeman

Very excited for Tetro. Coppola's new career has really intrigued me. Youth Without Youth was terrible, but still more interesting than half the trash Hollywood puts out there. Plus, it will be interesting to see Gallo go to Cannes for the first time since The Brown Bunny. He's perfectly cast in Tetro. Just wish he was still going to be doing Giallo with Dario Argento.

Aug 11 - 11:25 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships