- Reviews Written:
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Reviews for Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theatres
Posted on 12/10/07 12:44 AM
One of the most refreshing comedies of the year that had two things going against it:
1) Bad press from the failed "Turner Terror Attack" on the Boston bridge. More on that in a second.
2) The movie being dismissed as a "slacker" comedy invented by young "slackers" at the Cartoon Network.
Okay...about the "bad press": How you can mistake a lightboard for a bomb, then spend jillions of dollars to call out a whole slew of guys to blow it up is beyond me.
And a few questions follow this:
1) Weren't they afraid of damaging the bridge by blowing it up?
2) Were they thinking straight when they ordered a ton of cops, SWAT, AND the Bomb Squad to take care of this tiny little lightboard?
3) When they got there, did they think they had brought enough guys or were they debating on calling in more?
Then they actually sued for spending all that money. Of course, being the pacifist pussies they are, Turner bent over and took it in the ass and settled.
And, of course, a couple of Conservatives jumped all over it and used the incident to slam Islamists and Liberals and promote the "Wor on Tur".
The press slammed artists and young people in general.
All because our Homeland Security wasn't smart enough to determine the difference between and IED and a friggin' Lite-Brite.
Kudos to them for acting as fast as they did...but shame on them for overreacting and then going apeshit when they realized they had been had because, instead of doing their homework on how to recognize REAL bombs, they couldn't tell what was an explosive and what was "art".
And then came the part where the government needed to save face in order to NOT look like they're incompetent and wearing egg on their faces.
The two men who were behind the campaign never looked scapegoat-ier...well, until they made asses of themselves in front of the press.
In any case, it's much ado about nothing.
I'm not going to try and review the movie. Doing so would be silly. Suffice to say I liked it VERY much and that I found it VERY different and VERY funny. It's one of the ten best movies of the year for me.
Yeah, that's right.
I said it.