Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Movie Blogs
Well seeing as how I RT won't let me add any more movies to my already made lists I'm going to start my top 10 list for 2010, there will be revisions as I see more films from that year.
1. My first favorite film of 2010 is the great Toy Story 3. Toy Story 3 is the long awaited, and final farewell to all our favorite toys from childhood. This film was just amazing a I loved it more than most people I know. Heck most people i know decided not to see it just because it's a "kids" movie. Well I have news for them it may be animated, but Toy Story 3 is just pure magic, and it's there loss for not appreciating the simplistic wonder that is the Toy Story franchise. I don't think I ever cared as much for any toys I had when I was younger as much as I cared for Toy Story I really love this series and will probably still be watching it even further into my life.
2. Kick-Ass is a film that really entertained me. I was laughing extremely hard, and being a huge action fan was very impressed and blown away by it's style. The charachters are all great in there own way, and I just really felt like Dave through out the film. Being a fan of superheroes my whole life and seeing this film just really adds that much love for it. I just really enjoyed this movie.
3.Inception is a very smart, and entertaining thriller from writer/director Chris Nolan who is just amazing. I've looked into it and the fact that none of his film RT scores are even rotten, and the fact that the lowest score is only a 75% is just incredible all on it's own. Getting back to Inception the effects are AWESOME, THE STORY unique, and original as Original can be, and the performances, direction and everything else is just flat out spectacular. Definitely a must see.
4. I'd have to say Scott Pilgrim vs the World is definitely becoming something of a must see, and in no time at all will become a cult favorite. It's basically a combination of a video game, and a movie. Based off a series of some really great books that should also be read if you love this movie. Even if you didn't like it (knock on wood) you should still read them because as similar, and as accurate as the movie is the books are a completely different experience. Still Writer director Edgar Wright anotherup and coming favorite of mine has simply given us just a great fun, action, type of rom com that really is just something you have to see to believe. Michael Cera actually plays something more than just a wimpy ass nerd here, plus a great supporting cast that has too many faces to name. Seriously a super great film. See it.
5. Probably How to train your dragon I really related to Hiccup, and his relationship with his father. Plus it's a dreamworks film since the first, and to some fans, the second Shrek. A great film that also is worthy to say that it got a possible snub from the academy awards for best picture. Really good movie to look for.
6. Machete. Ever since I saw the mock trailer on the Planet Terror dvd I was just blown away by it. Than I read that they were making the actual film, and than my excitement was doubled, if excitement can take acid than that's what it was. (for the record I didn't take any acid) This movie is just a fun over the top action film that is really just to AWESOME for words. Danny Trejo finally gets a lead role, and the fans from the looks of it will get at least a sequel, and hopefully a third one if you go by the ending of the film. For now I can just be happy with this great movie.
7. I unlike most really loved Get Him to the Greek. I. being aa fan of Forgetting Sarah Marshall was super stoked to hear about this spin off, I was not dissapointed. It was funny, and had great performances. Not a must see to most, but I loved it a lot.
8. Here's another film that didn't get much love, but for me it was just pure funny, and that would be She's out of my league. I know it's another nerd falls for girl type of film, but I loved all the charachters especially T.J. Miller who just steals his scenes. A fun movie, and if you haven't seen it I strongly recommend it.
9. Well this one wasn't a personal favorite, but it was a really good film that I did like and that is The Town Ben Affleck gives as good of a perfomance on screen, as he does behind the scenes with this movie. Alot of realy good perfomances Jeremy Renner, and Jon Hammwho are both great, and even Blake Lively impressed me wich is kind of funny to me. Just a good film that you should see if you haven't yet.
10. Wellnow that I've seen it I'm going to have to say The Other Guys was just super funny. Loved every minute of it, and I couldn't stop laughing. Seriously great.
For now this is my top 10, and changes will eventually, or possibly get made.
Predator, or Boba Fett me and my friend are arguing and I was wondering waht you guys think. My vote is for the Predator.