Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Movie Blogs
10.) Serenity- Based on the tv series firefly. The movie took the idea of the show and expanded it explained some things that were left untold and created a cool plot. The characters are quirky, goofy, cool, slik and awesome. And that’s what makes the movie so good. Plus some very cool action scenes.
9.) Planet of the Apes(1968)- While the entire movie is kind of boring and not so well crafted. The ending makes up for everything.
8.) Avatar- Avatar took special effects and 3D to the next level. With amazing environments and probably the most epic final battle I’ve seen since Lord of the Rings return of the king. With giant blue people, lots of cool special effects and death and destruction what’s not to like?
7.) Children of Men- Is filled with lengthy well done scenes, amazing camera angles and cinematography. Plus a story that would intrigue anybody. It doesn’t roar special effects like some of the other films on this list but it is a great sci fi film.
6.) Minority Reports- I actually think this movie is very underrated. Its one of those films that has tons of special effects but actually has a plot to go along with it. And that’s what makes the movie so great the fact that you are sucked in , confused and entertained makes this sci fi, action, mystery so great.
5.)District 9- What makes District 9 different from Independence day? Well 1. it doesn't suck. 2 .Its cleverly crafted and well told. Director Neill Blomkamp and Producer Peter Jackson bring an alien movie like no other. While the first 20 minutes or so are told in documentary style which is very cool and make the movie feel unique. The rest follows the main character as he struggles for his life after being infected and slowly turning into a prawn. This movie shifts itself from other alien sci fi movies because instead of the aliens being the antagonist is the humans are the bad guys. Also the location instead of being in New York or some main city usually New York City for some reason? It takes place in an entire new setting Africa. The action sequences are accelerating and intense. This can be considered to be one of the greatest sci fi movies in the last decade.
4.) Star Trek- It not only has some of the best character development in a sci fi movie. But it also re-invents the entire idea of Star Trek and was made to be enjoyable by everyone even if you’re not a fan. Sure the action sequences are not the best but the movie is still very entertaining and well crafted.
3.) The Day the Earth Stood Still(1951)- Is one of those old films that special effects aren’t involved but plot development and round characters are. And in my opinion I preffer having an actual story then having no story and just action and explosions. And I can say that The Day Earth Stood Still is an amazing movie with great performances.
2.) Terminator 2: Judgment Day- While Terminator 1 was original and was also great with its greedy atmosphere and cool special effects. The sequel blew the first one out of the map. With more action packed sequences, better special effects and a cool story. Terminator 2 is by far one of the best Cyborg based films of all time in my opinion.
1.) The Matrix- The groundbreaking sci fi, kung fu, cyber punk, action film by the Wachowski brothers starring the great Keanu Reeves himself. (That was sarcasm by the way) Is a film that will always be remembered for years to come. It is what created all the slow mo bullshit that people love and began using during the early 2000's and are still using till this day. The movie had everything from great story, to amazing and well choreographed action sequences. And of course Hugo Weaving as the villains Agent Smith. What more can you ask for? .......O yeah sequels but those weren't so amazing.
Quick rap up on other Sci Fi films
Other favorites: Gattaca, Back to the Future 1&2, Twelve Monkeys, Jurrassic Park, Wall-E Never saw: Alien, Aliens, 2001: A Space Odyssey Overrated: Blade Runner , Starwars Saga, Invasion of the body snatchers , Average: Matrix sequels, A Clock Work Orange, Total Recall, Jurrasic Park, Terrible:Terminator 3,4 The Day the Earth Stood still(Remake), The Fifth Element, Robo Cop Series, The Invasion
10. The Sorcerers Apprentice- Ok I thought about putting this one on the list hard and long. Ok that didn't sound right. LOL. Point is I sort of hate Nicolas Cage. And this movie is basically trying to replace Harry Potter since its ending. But of course that will never happen. Still the movie looks kind of interesting. This is not a for sure but definitely a maybe. (Matinee)
09. Clash of the Titans- After watching the first trailer I was not excited in anyway. The movie looked like another CGI filled with lots of action and starring the new action hero Sam Worthington (who seems to be appearing in every movie.) It still looks like that but I wanna give it a shot. (Matinee)
08. Repo Men- Sure the premise seems silly and Jude Law as an action hero badass? Seems kind of akward but the movie still swallows me in even with its cliche story and under developed characters. But I am still going to give it a chance just because. (Matinee)
07. The Losers- Equipped with a good cast, having humor, explosions, naughty scenes and being based on the comic book with the same name 'The Losers' whats not to like? (Matinee)
06. The Last Air bender- Not being familiar with the story or premise of Avatar: The Last Air Bender makes things even more interesting for me after watching the trailer. Although I am not the biggest fan of M. Night Shyamalan it says a lot when one of his movies actually hype me up. This movie looks EPIC! (FULL PRICE!)
05. Toy Story 3- Being a huge fan of Toy Story 1 and its superior sequel. When I heard Toy Story 3 was being made I was super excited. And now that it has a release date I am even more excited. Can't wait to see the old gang on the big screen and seeing new faces as well. (FULL PRICE!)
04. Iron Man 2- The sequel to one of the best Comic book movies ever made. It has everything a sequel should have Mickey Rourke as the new villain. The lovely Scarlett Johanson, Robert Downey Jr. Returns as are lovable hero and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts. Although the movie looks great just by the look of both trailers. I don't like the fact Terrance Howard was re-casted with Don Cheadle taking his place. But that wont ruin the movie at all. It still looks great and EPIC! (FULL PRICE!)
03. Kick-Ass- The movie promises four things. Lots of violence, child profanity, huge laughs and awesome action scenes. From what I saw from all three trailers. This movie is literally going to Kick Ass! Enough said. (FULL PRICE!)
02. Tron Legacy- I remeber watching the Original Tron when I was about 6 and I remember it was awesome. Then a few years later when I was about 15 it was still awesome. Now I am 22 and the sequel will be released soon which I think is better hen rebooting it. I really think this movie is going to be great! Everyone from the original Tron is back with new faces and an old unique world re-created new. Thanks to the amazing technology used for computer animation This movie looks excellent. (FULL PRICE!)
01. Inception- Christopher Nolan takes a break from the Dark Knight to bring a mind bending experience which no one has a clue what the hell is about. And thats the fun in it all. The less we know the better the mystery. Prepare to see Christopher Nolan at his best. (FULL PRICE!)