Showing 1 - 3 of 3 Movie Blogs
Top Ten Ways to Know a Film is BAD Without Seeing it
1. It?s life at the box office is 2 weeks maximum
2. The stars of the film look like more mainstream stars, but aren?t them
3. When you?re watching the previews and people around you start laughing or groaning
4. It involves vampires, werewolves, or kids fairy tales with heavy action sequences (non-animated)
5. The Director is more known for explosions than anything else
6. It?s released during one of the dead zones of movie releases, like February, but it?s not a love story
7. It?s chock full of aging stars of similar schlock films, all aiming to make a comeback
8. It?s an obvious ripoff of a much more popular film or genre
9. The movie producers seem to have no willingness to advertise it
10. The movie is an attempt to take an old cartoon, and make a live-action film out of it.
I hope to get back to reviewing more regularly in the near future, but for now, here's the link to my Main page where all my latest reviews can be found.
Some good films for 2012!
0 Comments | Send This |
The movie experience is unique to each person, and it's tempered by their likes and dislikes. It's easy to tell films apart these days. Some films are just winners from the beginning, and I typically grade some of my films I've seen on whether it hits some of these Ten Signs.
1. You got chills from an opening sequence, and these persist throughout the film.
2. It didn't insult your intelligence, in fact, you appreciated the fact that it took a few brain cells to keep up.
3. You forgot who the actor/actresses were and saw their characters.
4. You're still talking about the film after a reasonable amount of time.
5. The audience around you was totally engaged and respectfully silent except where appropriate.
6. You learned something from the film, or developed a new interest.
7. Months or years later, you can recall key scenes in detail, not just famous lines.
8. If it's not a big box office smash, you lobby others to go see it.
9. It inspires you in some part of your life
10. It's one of those films where you see it on TV, and regardless of where they are in the story, you start to watch it.
Perhaps you have your own qualifications for Top Ten Signs?
Read what friends added below
Thanks for reading, Rostron