The Tomatometer rating – based on the published opinions of hundreds of film and
television critics – is a trusted measurement of movie and TV programming quality
for millions of moviegoers. It represents the percentage of professional critic reviews
that are positive for a given film or television show.
From the Critics
From RT Users Like You!
The Tomatometer is 60% or higher.
The Tomatometer is 59% or lower.
The Tomatometer is 75% or higher, with 40 reviews (movies) or 20 reviews (TV). At least 5 reviews from Top Critics.
Percentage of users who rate a movie or TV show positively.
I enjoy a variety of movie genres: action, adventure, romantic, comedy, thriller, musical and drama. My favorite movies have a combination of the following:
- can be watched on different levels, easy-to-watch entertainment but with a much deeper message & interpretation too (Matrix, Crouching Tiger, Last Samurai).
- stunning, dramatic acting (The Hours, Sophie's Choice, Amadeus).
- stories which keep you thinking well after the movie is over (Sixth Sense, Deer Hunter).
- unforgettable music scores (LOTR, Gladiator, Narnia, Last Samurai, Titanic, Braveheart, The Hours). Music heightens the emotions.
- realism in cinematography (Titanic), with sweeping aerial cameras (LOTR, Narnia), beautiful scenery (The Mission, Out of Africa) effective slow motion (Untouchables).
- stories with an unexpected twist (Sixth Sense, Fight Club, The Others, Vanilla Sky).
- clever scripts with unforgettable quotes (The Mission, Gladiator, Mrs Doubtfire).
- stories which allow you to understand pain or experience a tragedy (Sophie?s Choice, Prince of Tides, Life is Beautiful, Dead Poets Society).
- historical epics with great battle sequences (Troy, Alexander, LOTR, Narnia).
- clever ideas & originality (Back to the Future, Vanilla Sky).
- comedies with something more to say than just humor (Tootsie, Mrs Doubtfire).
- meaningful action sequences, not just action for the sake of action.
- movies which help you to understand humanity & yourself.
Love to watch a good movie at least twice. Tend to enjoy it more second time around. You get a chance to focus and appreciate other aspects of the movie.
If I were to give four Awards they would be:
- All-time Best Actress Performance: Meryl Streep in Sophies's Choice & The Hours.
- All-time Best Actor's Performance: F.Murray Abraham in Amadeus.
- All-time Best Child Actor Performance: Haley Joel Osment in Sixth Sense & AI.
- All-time Best Music Composer: Hans Zimmer for Gladiator, Lion King, Last Samurai.<br/><embed src="http://apps.rockyou.com/rockyou.swf?instanceid=66332159&ver=102906" quality="high" salign="lt" width="426" height="320" wmode="transparent" name="rockyou" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"/></embed><br><img src="http://apps.rockyou.com/dot.gif?w=SS&d=A737&c=1&id=66332159"><a target="_BLANK" href="http://www.rockyou.com/?type=slideshow&refid=66332159"><img style="border:0px;" src="http://apps.rockyou.com/images/tail_logo.gif"></a><a target="_BLANK" href="http://www.rockyou.com/slideshow_create.php?refid=66332159"><img style="border:0px;" src="http://apps.rockyou.com/images/tail_create.gif"></a>