(sorry don?t know whats going off with all the question marks!?!?)
SECTION D: Torture Porn
David Edelstein was the fist person to apply the name ?Torture Porn? to a horror movie in 2006 and it is now associated with the following post-2000 movies?Saw III, Saw II, Saw IV, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw, Hostel, The Hills Have Eyes, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Untraceable, The Hills Have Eyes 2, Hostel: Part II, Vacancy, Wolf Creek, The Hitcher, The Devil's Rejects, See No Evil, House of 1000 Corpses, Turistas (Paradise Lost), Captivity, Creep, Haute Tension, The Poughkeepsie Tapes and Funny Games.
1. Alternatives to ?Torture Porn? have also been used, but which of the following terms are you most familiar with? Please choose ONE answer.
a) Torture Porn
b) Gorenography (Gorno)
c) Cruel Cinema
d) Horror Porn
e) Splatter Porn
2. Which characteristics would you most associate with ?Torture Porn?? Please choose ONE answer.
a) Weak plot (formulaic)
b) Imaginative and innovative
c) Lack of character depth
d) Thought provoking
e) Boring and predictable
3. After watching a ?Torture Porn? movie, how long will it be until you are likely to ?forget? about it? Please choose ONE answer.
b) 1 ? 3 Weeks
c) 1 ? 12 month
d) 1 ?2 Years
e) 2 + years
4. What feelings do ?Torture Porn? horror movies make you feel? Please choose TWO answers.
5. Do you consider the phenomena of ?Torture Porn? as ?new??
b) Yes (Please give an example)
6. How do you feel after watching ?Torture Porn?? Please answer in ONE sentence.
7. How likely are you to see this years upcoming sequal Saw V (to be released Fall 2008). Please give ONE answer.
b) Highly likely
e) Very Unlikely
8. How long do you expect to see the run of ?Torture Porn? movies in cinema?s continuing (including sequels, remakes and ?original? concepts)? Please give