Movies are my life. If I'm not watching a movie, I'm reading about them, writing about them, or talking about them. Even the vast majority of my music collection is movie scores and soundtracks.
My tastes are pretty eclectic, with films from every genre, and I enjoy mindless popcorn flicks just as much as deep, serious dramas.
I never tire of a good movie discussion. That being said, a few notes:
* I welcome friend requests IF they are genuine - and you should send a personalized talk message as well so I know it's for real. I don't even consider the kind of requests that are obviously just mass mailed.
* I'm here to share a love of movies. I'm not here to flirt or even socialize unless it's movie-related. If that's what you're after, stick to MySpace.
* If we have nothing in common at all, don't bother
* If you have nothing on your profile - fave movies, actors, lists... what's the point? Come back to me when you've got something to share.
* I don't want your spam, your widgets, or your advertisements.
* If you find cool pictures, videos, quizzes, etc, that you want to share, bring 'em on! Just don't be obnoxious about it.
This all sounds very negative, but I'm just trying to weed out the spam and find true interesting movie fans to share with.
<b>My Rating System:</b>
I get really annoyed by people who just give 5 stars to anything they like and 1/2 star to anything they don't. The truth is, most movies lie very much somewhere in the middle. You'll see this reflected in my ratings:
5 Stars - a PERFECT film; I'm pretty stingy with these (as everyone should be), and rarely give them out immediately. If I'm still as impressed by a film after a while, I'll sometimes give them the bump to 5
4.5 Stars - An almost perfect film, but not <i>quite</i>
3.5 to 4 Stars - VERY GOOD/GREAT
3 Stars - AVERAGE/GOOD
2.5 Stars - AVERAGE/BAD
1.5 to 2 Stars - BAD
1 Star - TERRIBLE
1/2 Star - The WORST OF THE WORST, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Many get this rating from me ONLY because there is no "ZERO STARS" option.
<embed src="http://widget.flixster.com/static/widget/widget.swf?getRev=http://widget.flixster.com/servlet/publishrate/userId:814575010;listId:398724&bkgd=106ab6&fgd=ffffff" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#d5e8fb" width="200" height="165" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/> <embed src="http://widget.flixster.com/static/widget/widget.swf?getRev=http://widget.flixster.com/servlet/publishrate/userId:814575010;listId:401329&bkgd=106ab6&fgd=ffffff" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#d5e8fb" width="200" height="165" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br>_____________________________________________________________________
Click <a href="http://cinemaphile.livejournal.com/">HERE</a> for my LiveJournal. Feel free to visit and comment often.