WOTW '05 has it's ups and downs. It's extremely enjoyable for those who can't find the hokey elements.
1. Acting: Really good. Dakota Fanning was fantastic.
2. Suspense: Loud noises and heavy doses of suspense are enough to make this a summer blockbuster.
3. Score: Creepy and well-fitting. 4/5
1. There are elements overlooked in the movie. Ex. a. When Cruise and other people are stuck in a cage right under the tripod's head, and Cruise puts a grenade in the tripod's head causing the tripod to fall over destroyed, how is it that nobody got injured in the fall? That's a tall tripod. Ex. b. All the electricity is supposed to be sucked into the tripods, but a reporter's camera still worked. How?<
2. The ending sucked. It's the same ending as the book, but it sucked.
Whether you enjoy this movie or not is your choice.