009 Re: Cyborg - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

009 Re: Cyborg Reviews

July 18, 2016
It was completely horrible. It ruined the characters and had
a shitty plot. Not worth watching again.
½ June 4, 2015
Ah... Story was too smart and complicated... So it was really hard to understand it... Beautiful animation and nice 3D effects... Message was good. But movie ended suddenly... Japanese people makes great anime series and only 25 minutes. But they can't make great movies... Too long... So I kinda disappointed...
½ January 17, 2015
Visuellement ša claque (I.G. production made of XD) Par contre le scÚnar WTF ... Bref, Ó matter pour le bonheur des yeux :)
December 19, 2013
The story line is more than a little bland, pace is almost extremely slow plus the lack of audio doesn't help the story along. considering the time it was created. anime was in it's infancy then and i have seen more complex anime's it might take some time before i get what really is going on. P.S. the zero-zero- (etc.) is kinda annoying wish they had names. -_-.
December 10, 2013
This is a masterpiece but ending is so lame...
½ October 24, 2013
Some good fight scenes good characters designs but bad stupid plot witch makes no senses too much philosophical talk
October 21, 2013
A CGI ANIMATION which hasn't got the right mixture of action. Nonetheless it's an outstanding work. The plot ravels around terroristic attacks on high rise buildings around the world, propertied by people who hear and obey to 'HIS VOICE' .
In time the story goes into the finding the answer to the never-ending existential question of who we are, our origins, and God. All is explored through the 9 cyborgs who gather together to save the world.

If you are not familiar with the original series of CYBORG 009 , here is the list of our 9 heroes, and their ethnic backgrounds:
Russian Ivan Whisky, Cyborg 001 (Toshiba Fukjita) who is barely 1 year old but has enhanced telekinetic and teleportation powers. American Cyborg 002 Jet Link (Ryotaro Okaiyu) is an NSA agent and possesses the ability to fly at a supersonic speed, thanks legs that transform into rockets. 003 is Francoise Arnoul (Houko Kawashima), a French female cyborg who can detect and access worldwide networks thanks to enhanced hearing and sight. 004 is Albert Heinrich (Kazuya Nakai) a German cyborg whose entire being is made up of deadly weapons. Native American Geronimo Jr Cyborg 005 (voiced by Hisao Egawa) is equipped with superhuman strength. Chinese chef Chang Changku is Cyborg 006 (Naoki Tatsuta) can breathe and shoot fire! Cyborg 007 is Great Britain (Masaya Onosaka) is a spy for the British secret service and is able to blend in with any substance. African Cyborg 008 Pyunma (Hikaru Midorikawa) has the ability to live and breathe underwater, even in depths of up to 10km. Their fearless leader, Cyborg 009, Joe Shimamura (Hiroshi Kamiya) possesses all the technology of the other eight heroes in one deadly weapon.

Despite being fully CG, the animation was treated with a cel-shader, enabling the film to retain the look of traditional hand-drawn animation, giving rise to a cel looking CG animation.
½ October 4, 2013
Wtf did I just watch?
August 5, 2013
The animation is great, but it doesn't mean overall is great as well...
½ April 16, 2013
Cyborg 009 has a rich history; beginning in 1968 as a Manga I believe. The 2012 animation fails to provide any backstory for newcomers like me. I left feeling highly disappointed because no matter what these characters did, I didn't know them. I had no idea where and how they got to this point.