Reviews

• Jan 04, 2016

A straight to video prequel to Miike's far superior film this goes out of its way to explain how Ichi came to the obsessions that he has in the original film and it's lacking in every bit of style and kinetic energy that made the original so great. Pass, unless you're just super-fucking curious about it.

• Apr 03, 2013

Don't pass this one up!

Don't pass this one up!

• Apr 11, 2012

if you ever watched Ichi The Killer, then watch this movie. it shows alot of the "how" and "why" that crated the characters of Ichi and his handler... this one is very realistic though and lacks the wild effects, though it makes up for it with honest brutality in the way of very realistic fight scenes. you must see this!

• Feb 17, 2012

Not at all in the same caliber as Ichi The Killer. It's wellfilmed but it just doesn't have the same pace or variation.

• Oct 06, 2010

Man this movie pissed me off. I had to buy it because it was yet another prequal to Ichi the killer but it was a sequal to the anime. This movie really sucked. I can't get over how poorly made it was. Its cool that they got Nao Omori to be in it but the film doesnt hold up even with him in it. There is some dope gore but not close to ichi the killer. It plays out more like a student made fan fiction then an actual movie.

• Aug 01, 2010

1-Ichi is the prequel to Ichi the Killer. It follows him through his high school days and his discovery of his fighting abilities. Take all the whiny and creepy parts from Ichi the Killer and put them in a high school movie and you have 1-Ichi. This movie would have been much better with Takashi Miike directing. The overly long, overly Japanese pauses in action were almost excruciating. The fight scenes were very repetitive. Not very exciting. The one scene that had potential we didn't get to see. The camera cut away. Too bad. That would have made this movie.

• Jul 26, 2010

I thought I had downloaded Ichi The Killer, after recalling to mind, several sturdy reccomendations from trusted sources, and it wasn't until long after I had finished devouring 1-Ichi, that I realized, that what i had seen was actually the prequel, rather than the Main Event. And now I sat here, drinking vodka, listening to the song which launches as the End credits bring a close to the weird, brutal action on screen...i fucking love this song. And I equally adored the film. Its strange. But then again, so are the Japs. Not just the script, the action, but the cinematogrophy, are seriously fierce, in your face, likely to shake the very foundations of any mormons stupid enough to touch such dynamite. I will not surmise the plot, or say any more, other than...WATCH THIS FILM. For its by far one of the best I have seen for many centuries... daniel Rating 9/10.

• Jun 30, 2010

While watching this i did'nt realise it was a prequel to 'Ichi The Killer' so i watched it without this in mind,its not a bad film,as a prequel it sucks but as a stand alone movie its quite engaging and always entertaining.

• Jun 03, 2010

good but boring compaired to Ichi the killer

good but boring compaired to Ichi the killer

• Jun 03, 2010

no where as good as the original ichi, but still an ok watch to see how ichi became the killer he is.