10 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10 Reviews

½ December 29, 2013
"10" is Blake Edwards' remarkably mature romantic comedy that trades goofiness for sheer charm and wit. Dudley Moore is a hilarious actor, and Julie Andrews is pretty good too.
November 13, 2013
Dudley Moore discovers that a spoonful of sugar doesn't help the medicine go down. Indeed, it brings on a mid-life crisis instead. He spots a girl named Derek and pursues her all the way to Mexico. He saves her new husbands life and as a reward offers herself to him. He realises that maybe everything was all fine with the sound of music and to win back Poppo before Dick Van Dyke comes-a-calling. Long story short Torvill and Dean will be horrified . . .
½ October 27, 2013
Bo Derek's famous scene is from this movie. You can search this scene on Tube, not needing to waste time with whole.
April 23, 2013
I don't understand why the general public does not hold this film in higher regard! It is a very good comedy. Nice to see that the critics like it though! The screenplay and direction by Blake Edwards is perfect. It's my favorite Blake Edwards movie! Dudley Moore has never been better! He is very funny in it!
½ April 15, 2013
Not nearly as good as "Arthur", but Dudley Moore is great at playing selfish and depressed characters who you still can't help but love.
March 1, 2013
A must see! Julie Andrews : )
October 26, 2012
this movie came out when i was in my teens loved it then and still love today. I dont under stand the teens of today I dont think they like it the same as we did back then what they are watching is really diffrent. i could go on an an about the movie if you have not seen it go get it and see it you will not be sorry!!!
October 19, 2012
Uh, they should get a different cover for this....
September 24, 2012
this movie was ok. i remember when i was little.. i wasn't allowed to watch this on tv.. now adays it's movies like "Showgirls".. wow waht a difference in times, huh?
September 6, 2012
10 is a 1979 comedy film starring Dudley Moore and Bo Derek and Julie Andrews.
½ September 2, 2012
First time watching this, i found it pretty amusing. I haven't seen many films with Dudley Moore, maybe just "Arthur" so his humour is new to me. Fun movie and worth a watch!
August 31, 2012
It's funny and it has a lot of awesome boobs.
August 7, 2012
As a teenage boy the highlight of this movie was seeing Bo Derek in all her glory. AS a older male, well BO is still a vision, but the comedy still holds up well. Dudley Moore plays the goofy but lovable guy about as well as anyone and he is in top form here and for looking like such a klutz he is very good at physical comedy. One of the funnier scenes is after going to the dentist, getting 6 cavities filled, seeing his neighbors party and then having his girlfriend see him at said party surrounded by many beautiful, naked girls with a mouthful of novacane.

The movie started a brief trend in cornrows(thank god it didn't last) but a much longer trend in ranking people on how they look with a number system.
August 2, 2012
a good movie for its time.
July 29, 2012
This movie helped make couples everywhere want to make love to the sounds of Ravel's 'Bolero', and women wear beads and corn rows the way Bo Derek did. The film itself has a great comedic performance from Dudley Moore, whose character demonstrates some of the pitfalls men have once they reach a mid-life crisis and the yearnings most men have. And of course I give Bo Derek, on a scale from 1 to 10, an 11.
July 13, 2012
Before his days as the notorious "Arthur", Dudley Moore broke into the comedy scene playing George Webber in this slapstick comedy about a man suffering from a midlife crisis. Julie Andrews plays "Sam", George's girlfriend whom he has grown tired of because of her age... not to mention his own. In steps Bo Derek's "Jenny", whom George falls head over heels for at first sight. What follows is a hilarious adventure in which George not only tries to pursue Jenny, but also attempts to keep things with Sam intact, all the while being intercepted by George's reckless driving, his tooth cavities, his neighbor's wild orgies, a bartender named Don, an insecure girl named Mary Lewis, smoldering hot beaches, and last but not least, George's weakness for Brandy.

I personally enjoy Dudley Moore's escapades in 10 far greater than those in Arthur, if not only because the character of George Webber is so much farther down to Earth. When George is drunk, he's not having the arrogant and annoying theme park ride that the obnoxiously rich Arthur does. Instead, the alcohol impedes his every action, which is far more amusing in my opinion. Although I must state that Bo Derek's presence is greatly overrated, as her character has very little screen time but still manages to steal the attention from Julie Andrews, who is obviously a much more talented actress. 10 manages to bring me back to a time when the physical comedy of the three stooges was still funny. That sort literal slapstick humor is meshed with the blissful irony of a Coen Brothers tale, and the result is overwhelmingly entertaining. I could agree how some will argue this movie is boring, but the funny parts more than make up for the slow ones.
½ July 12, 2012
I'd give it a 7: Moore's performance is one of my favorites for comedy and the movie as a whole balances comedy and drama perfectly.
½ June 12, 2012
i enjoyed "10" a whole lot more than i was expecting to. i watched it mainly because blake edwards is a director i'm interested in seeing more films by, but there were some seriously funny scenes and dialogue here, and surprisingly a lot of heart, as well.
May 28, 2012
I found this more watchable than I expected it to be. It's a very undemanding film, but there are some really lovely scenes of the Mexican beach, and Dudley Moore and Julie Andrews are very likeable. There were also some mildy amusing moments, which mostly involved Dudley's character George falling over and making himself look foolish!
May 9, 2012
I really tried to like this movie but I just didn't. I found it quiet boring actually and not that funny at all.