10 Reviews

• Jan 03, 2021

This was a bad movie choice!!!

This was a bad movie choice!!!

• Dec 30, 2020

Eine bahnbrechende Mischung aus geistreichem Humor und Slapstick. Viele Szenen gingen in die Filmgeschichte ein, allen voran der lange Bolero.

• Nov 05, 2020

Dudley Moore plays a musician who is having a mid life crisis after his fortieth birthday.   A chance encounter with a stunningly beautiful woman played by Bo Derek on her wedding day gives him an idea to follow her and her husband in their honeymoon to Mexico.  This movie made Bo Derek a star and one can certainly see why.
Funny but restrained.  Has equal instances of drama as well as comedy.   Great flick directed by Blake Edwards.

• Sep 23, 2020

It wasn't all it was cooked up to be. Moore really isn't that funny.

It wasn't all it was cooked up to be. Moore really isn't that funny.

• Jul 15, 2020

It wasn't funny at all.

It wasn't funny at all.

• Nov 18, 2019

Blake Edward's featherheaded mid-life crisis comedy about the preposterous misadventures of a birdbrained buffon dogging a blonde cornrow braided bombshell reeks of sexism.

• Oct 08, 2019

Dudley Moore, Julie Andrews, Dee Wallace, and introducing Bo Derek a movie about a man falling in love with someone well out of his range famous composer George Webber has it all; a successful career, a beautiful fiance, and a bright future ahead of him but reaching the age of 40 he starts to feel the gravity of it all, a sort of mid-life crisis takes a hold of him then one day he stumbles upon a very sensuous woman younger than him and becomes very enchanted by her the thing is that she is recently married yet George wants to find out more about her so he stumbles around making a fool of himself at nude parties, the dentist, spying on his neighbors with a telescope to the point of leaving his fiance and going on vacation and wouldn't you know it he runs into this miraculous-looking woman everywhere he goes a majority of the film has George performing a lot of physical comedy, sure not all of it works since it's one misunderstanding after another and Bo Derek doesn't actually speak until the 90 min mark but along the way he starts to realize that maybe he's more compatible with her on both an emotional and intellectual level so if you're patient enough it's worth it to get to the crux of it all when we get older we fear the aspect of dying, we also worry about not having enough in our lives to keep us fulfilled, maybe some of us can't afford to have a certain kind of thinking, is the one problem somebody has is that there is no problem?, it's only when we actually see what it is we think we want when it's not what we really want the film itself isn't high art but the actors are very likable with nice chemistry telling a very relatable story anybody middle-aged can identify with

• Aug 15, 2019

Dudley Moore is great and his physical comedy entertains, but something's missing that lifts this movie from its starting blocks into greatness

• Aug 02, 2019

On the surface an old-fashioned sex comedy, but the jokes utterly misfire behind misogynist premise.

• Jul 29, 2019

Well... I honestly tried to finish this movie but the film itself doesn't seem to have any discernable plot or drive outside of the main character wanting to get with a woman he's never met before and knows nothing about. Seeing as this was made in the late 70's, when this sort of story was the norm, I can kind of understand why some people (mostly middle aged men) would enjoy it, but the film really hasn't aged at all well, especially with the change in what's a socially acceptable way for people to act. But talking about the film from a completely technical standpoint, there are a lot of scenes where they didn't need to have any foley added that had it and some that needed the foley that didn't. The film was shot well enough and even used some techniques to portray narrative beats fairly well. If this were the first film to do something like that, I'd give it praise, but it was far from the first to do so, and due to the simplicity of what it actually did with shots and editing, I can't say that it was actually good, even for the time. There was nothing overly terrible about the filmmaking here. Where it fails was the writing that failed to keep me invested in either the characters or the plot. All and all, I'd suggest giving this movie a pass.