12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

January 16, 2017
This film isn't just entertainment or a way to stimulate your mind for a few hours. This film pictures life and humanity itself in a rather spectacular way. To say that this film affected me is still an understatement, it honestly have rocked me to my very core. The acting was superb, the message was excellent, the storyline and the script was magnificent. You're looking for a genre defining film? This is one of them.
January 15, 2017
A classic example of the psychology of juror decision-making. And beyond that, simply a timeless piece of filmmaking. 12 actors, one room, all dialogue, and as dramatic as ever. Fantastic.
January 12, 2017
"Twelve men and a secret" tell the story of 12 men who compose a jury that has to judge a murder committed by a young Latin where all evidence points to his guilt. But for some reason, one of the jurors disagrees, there begins a battle of ideologies, bad wishes, ideas, world views and even about our lives. This film contains one of the best scripts I've seen in the movies, it's intelligent, comprehensive. He invites the viewer to pull a chair and sit there at the table and enter the speech. Its an hour and a half is accurate, because the film surprisingly absurdly with its simplicity, with 90% of the film being passed in a room, the home photograph seems simple, but the camera angles, are accurate, for each jury we have a Angle, for each jury we have a story, and incredibly, we understand all men, their ideas and motivation, the character development in this film is incredible, and the room looks menacing, with the mood of the discursion getting warmer, the room too And you, at home, turn on the fan, because you will sweat along with our jurors, with great performances and a soundtrack that appears at the moment that has to appear, "Twelve men and a secret" this 50 years to Ahead of your time, bringing you the discourses we see today, congratulations to screenwriter Reginald Rose. Finally, I even looked, but I did not find a fault if you want in this movie, with a frightening simplicity and an absurd intelligence, we have here a legitimate representation about justice, ideology, prejudice, but everything in an intelligent way and without taking sides or choosing A political side.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.8/10 - 4.8/5
January 9, 2017
Fantastic study of ethos and prejudice that still has a message for today. Can't recommend this movie enough.
½ December 28, 2016
Amazing dialogue but also impressed with the use of basically one room. Go for this classic.
½ December 23, 2016
Excellence. The only thing keeping it from a full 5 stars were a few scenes where some jurors were talking during breaks which I feel didn't really contribute to the story in a meaningful way. Otherwise a film worthy of being in the top 100 of all time.
December 22, 2016
A popular opinion doesn't necessarily posses more validity than one that is unpopular. This film manages to be highly engaging despite it's minimal set and cast of 12 men. It does this by showing the importance of having a discussion, something we'll always need to be reminded to do.
½ December 15, 2016
Powerfully acted, written, and directed, this tricky real-time courtroom thriller makes your head work and your blood boil.
½ December 11, 2016
12 Angry Men has a profound simplicity and engaging plot, all driven by dialogue with a single thematic purpose. It's ironic and elusive with intriguing subtext that unveils itself in the end with surprising force.
½ December 8, 2016
Another movie on lists of one of the best movie...and i agree.
December 3, 2016
Quite enjoyed this movie ??
November 29, 2016
brilliant as always. the off angles and weird shots are actually brilliant; A. because they are there to keep you interested in what could be a very boring film. its a long discussion. its jury duty. and Lumet goes through great lengths to make sure its paced well and its continually interesting and clear. the odd shots keep the audience engaged and guessing. B. they are brilliant because they are also all justified. master shots that arent just to catch your eye and to find something good enough. they all tell the story a little deeper and move it in the direction it needs to go in.

very nice how Lumet never showed the voting the same way twice. they voted a bunch of times and each time the jurors were captured a different way.

henry fonda never telegraphs. he discovers everything and never has a secret a foreshadow. its not his job. he leaves it to the director and its a great and difficult task to do. actors cant control themselves from telegraphing because they read the script, they gave the secret and its jut to seductive and fun. but its a detriment to the story. fonda rises above as all actors should.
November 10, 2016
10 out of 10:

The gripping dialogue, directing, and performances truly make 12 Angry Men one of the best, if not the best court room film.
November 10, 2016
12 Angry Men is an interesting movie as we observe how a single juror convince 11 other jurors to his side. Though it is filmed entirely in one scene, it is able to capture the audience to continue to view the movie. It is interesting to see how through proper logical reasoning and focusing on the main topic at hand rather than at people or positions, they could work together to decide on the conclusion. Overall, it is a great movie to catch!
November 7, 2016
12 Angry Men is highly captivating and intriguing from start to the end. Although viewers will already know more or less the ending halfway through the movie, the brilliant performances as well as logical deductions and inductions keep audiences rooted to their seats. A rare occasion whereby viewers are still intrigued even though the ending has already been foreshadowed.

I would also recommend watching the movie with a basic understanding of negotiation. I had to watch this movie as part of a class assignment and the book "Getting To Yes" was a required read. 12 Angry Men provided excellent fodder for me to understand how negotiation techniques could be applied in a fun and relaxing way! I would highly recommend this combination of Getting to Yes and 12 Angry Men for those interested!
November 6, 2016
Was quite skeptical about this movie at first when I had to watch it as part of my class assignment but it turned out to be a captivating cinematic masterpiece that captures the drama and emotions, all within a single juror's room. The movie highlights the shortcomings of negotiators as their emotions and prejudice occludes them from making an accurate assessment. My biggest takeaway from the movie would be to remain open-minded and engage in interest-based negotiation in order to get all the parties to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome. With interest-based negotiation, Juror 8 was able to single-handedly convince all the other Jurors to put aside their perceptions and question the credibility of the evidence presented. The key to negotiation in not to fight for your interests, but to align everyone's interests and create a solution together. As an audience watching the movie, I found myself constantly being engaged by the realistic story plot, as I unravel the characters' thought process on the murder case. A classic movie that I would recommend to anyone out there!
November 4, 2016
Proof that a movie that takes place in one room with a small cast can be just as if not more entertaining than a movie that depends on action.
November 2, 2016
12 Angry Men presents a realistic depiction of the art of arguing and negotiation. Even though it is such a simplistic movie, it conveys very deep messages about how we should go about in negotiations such as considering other people's perspectives. More importantly, it teachers us to be objective in our arguments and not let our own prejudices overwhelm our judgment and decision making. Similarly, another important lesson that can be learnt is to focus on people instead of the problem, rationalizing the understand the opposition's perspective.
October 18, 2016