12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

January 16, 2018
"12 Angry Men" is an absolute classic. The script (and the play it's based on) succesfully builds an insane amount of suspense by just having people talk in a room, but the the way the story unfolds (in real time) still feels natural and convincing. The characters seem like real, ordinary people, which is also due to great performances. It's also remarkable that it has quite a bit of social commentary for its time.
There's not much more to say, you just have to see this.
January 16, 2018
Timeless. The only way to describe such a cinematic monument. No matter what audience member you are, you will enjoy this film. Incredible performances from all actors, every shot could be a painting in itself, the plot is thick and rewarding on multiple viewings, every possible element is pushed to its absolute limit. The dialogue flows so naturally, it feels easy to get lost in tension. Do not miss out on one of the best in film history, trust me.
December 30, 2017
A "must watch" for any generation.

Wonderful script, perfectly cast, intensely acted.
December 20, 2017
What I consider to be the greatest film of all time. Lumet's directorial debut is a masterpiece of a thriller, with the claustrophobic setting and the acting combining to make a highly tense watch.
December 19, 2017
The ultimate courtroom drama (even though the film spends about 1 minute in a courtroom). 12 Angry Men is a master class of acting, writing and directing. It is the epitome of less is more film making. This movie couldve gone wrong very easily with 12 men in a room for 95 minutes and nothing else. Each character is cast perfectly and the movie never slows down. Lumet's directing highlights the feelings anxiety of the men as low angle close ups are used later on. Each character feels fully fleshed out. Truly a perfect film. 5/5
December 7, 2017
Incredibly intelligent and full of tension. A classic movie with a worthwhile message and motif.
November 30, 2017
A masterpiece. All the characters and actors were brilliant. Special thanks to Lee J. Cobb (Juror #3) and Ed Begley (Juror #10). These two were just fabulous in their acting/character. But the rest played great too.
November 22, 2017
Very few times in film history has been able to see a teamwork as impeccable as this one, it is engaging, intriguing, funny in a momentos and touching
November 21, 2017
Incredible, captivating movie with a wonderful cast and screenplay
½ November 13, 2017
Sidney Lumet's first masterpiece with characters to die for and top notch performances. The heated atmosphere literally drips from the walls...
October 30, 2017
Twelve jurors are tasked to decide the fate of a boy accused of murdering his father. All are certain that the boy is guilty, except the protagonist, juror no. 8.
For a black and white movie set almost entirely in one room, I enjoyed the movie much more than I expected. Although the plot of the narrative is quite straightforward, the movie manages to create tension and suspense with the impactful and precisely scripted dialogues. Furthermore, the movie explores deep issues such as prejudice and justice system, creating a lasting impact on the audience.
A motif that surfaces in the film is how prejudice blinds people. In fact, the prejudice of the antagonists is so repugnantly portrayed that the audience would find themselves compelled to support the protagonist. The story begins with a short but crucial introduction of each character's personality. In their small talks before the deliberation of the case, juror no. 3's hidden bias towards adolescents is hinted in his lines: "I'd slap those tough kids down before they start any trouble." It is later revealed that his prejudice had stemmed from a tormenting relationship with his son, causing him to project a sadistic attitude towards the youthful defendant. Likewise, juror no. 10's eager to convict the defendant is explicitly fuelled by racism, seeing Spanish-Americans as "born liars" who cannot be trusted. Due to their prejudices, they were unable to make rational and objective judgements and closed their minds to any alternative interpretations of the case.
12 Angry Men runs parallel with To Kill a Mockingbird in several aspects. Both are black and white films, courtroom dramas and addresses the issues of racism. While 12 Angry Men is an interesting movie, I find To Kill a Mockingbird more poignant and having more depth in portraying racial discrimination.
October 23, 2017
12 Angry Men: An intensly crafted drama filck with expert pacing, sharp dialouge and an expertly crafted story 12 angry men is a classic masterpeice.
October 16, 2017
Story about 12 jurors who have to decide the fate of a man on trail for murdering his father. Great casting. I mean the casting director should have won an award because all 12 of them are perfect for each role. One of my all time favorites.
October 7, 2017
This is probably one of the best classic movie that I have ever watched. It is a thought provoking film that hits hard on a person's morals, demonstrating how society may wrongly judge an individual because of certain prejudices. When people place their own prejudices about others in a negotiation, they negate true facts and are unable to separate the people from the problem. Just as we see in the whole negotiation process between the jurors, if the jurors have all decided to prosecute the defendant based on their racial prejudice, they could have potentially destroyed the life of the defendant. From the movie, we could also see that the self interest of the jurors sometimes affect the objectivity of votes. The most exciting part about this movie is looking at how one juror could effectively persuade the others to change their vote in the negotiation process, even when it may have seemed like an impossible battle. Really loved the dialogues and the jurors' reactions after every argument. Such a simple setting in the movie yet having such deep and exciting content; this movie deserves 5/5.
October 4, 2017
I found this on Netflix and thought I'd watch this in 2 halves, stupid idea, I know. The film was just brilliant, beautiful filmmaking, you really feel depressed when you look at all the blockbusters taking over multiplex's. Fonda isn't the only talent here, each character has a moment to shine and Lumet sticks the camera right in close for the dramatic impact. I'm shocked why I had put this off for so long, I'm now actively hunting Fail Safe down to watch that as well. The film is compelling and just as relevant now as it was then, reasonable doubt. This is incredible filmmaking and one film you shouldn't miss. 04-10-2017.
September 26, 2017
An absolute Classic that stands as a modern classic masterpiece. It's intriguing storytelling and style is yet to be seen in cinema.
½ September 23, 2017
This movie isn't about clever editing or special effects or gorgeous scenery, 'cause there isn't any. It's all about the acting, which is well done by all 12 men involved.
September 16, 2017
12 Angry Men relies on the simplicity of its concept- a jury discussion- to give a captivating story brimmed with great performances and interesting morals.
(Favorite moment)- The same knife
September 2, 2017
These men are very angry. This film goes to show that there are timeless Classics from that era that we can still love today. A film about how reasoning can overcome bigotry, prejudice and hate. This is an incredible film and I am always in awe by the time the film has finished. Brilliant.
August 25, 2017
Virtually flawless, gripping and compelling, this single room film holds you in every moment. Lumet's direction is clear and focused, lacking very little and offering just enough insight into each juror, while Fonda's 'reasonable doubt' holds the room just enough to make a change.
This film probably can't be remade. In 2017 there would be some kind of ludicrous twist that forces us to gasp, yet makes the movie lesser. Lumen refuses to go for cheap chicanery and as such, delivers an all-time great.