12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

½ December 8, 2016
Another movie on lists of one of the best movie...and i agree.
December 3, 2016
Quite enjoyed this movie ??
November 29, 2016
brilliant as always. the off angles and weird shots are actually brilliant; A. because they are there to keep you interested in what could be a very boring film. its a long discussion. its jury duty. and Lumet goes through great lengths to make sure its paced well and its continually interesting and clear. the odd shots keep the audience engaged and guessing. B. they are brilliant because they are also all justified. master shots that arent just to catch your eye and to find something good enough. they all tell the story a little deeper and move it in the direction it needs to go in.

very nice how Lumet never showed the voting the same way twice. they voted a bunch of times and each time the jurors were captured a different way.

henry fonda never telegraphs. he discovers everything and never has a secret a foreshadow. its not his job. he leaves it to the director and its a great and difficult task to do. actors cant control themselves from telegraphing because they read the script, they gave the secret and its jut to seductive and fun. but its a detriment to the story. fonda rises above as all actors should.
November 10, 2016
10 out of 10:

The gripping dialogue, directing, and performances truly make 12 Angry Men one of the best, if not the best court room film.
November 10, 2016
12 Angry Men is an interesting movie as we observe how a single juror convince 11 other jurors to his side. Though it is filmed entirely in one scene, it is able to capture the audience to continue to view the movie. It is interesting to see how through proper logical reasoning and focusing on the main topic at hand rather than at people or positions, they could work together to decide on the conclusion. Overall, it is a great movie to catch!
November 7, 2016
12 Angry Men is highly captivating and intriguing from start to the end. Although viewers will already know more or less the ending halfway through the movie, the brilliant performances as well as logical deductions and inductions keep audiences rooted to their seats. A rare occasion whereby viewers are still intrigued even though the ending has already been foreshadowed.

I would also recommend watching the movie with a basic understanding of negotiation. I had to watch this movie as part of a class assignment and the book "Getting To Yes" was a required read. 12 Angry Men provided excellent fodder for me to understand how negotiation techniques could be applied in a fun and relaxing way! I would highly recommend this combination of Getting to Yes and 12 Angry Men for those interested!
November 6, 2016
Was quite skeptical about this movie at first when I had to watch it as part of my class assignment but it turned out to be a captivating cinematic masterpiece that captures the drama and emotions, all within a single juror's room. The movie highlights the shortcomings of negotiators as their emotions and prejudice occludes them from making an accurate assessment. My biggest takeaway from the movie would be to remain open-minded and engage in interest-based negotiation in order to get all the parties to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome. With interest-based negotiation, Juror 8 was able to single-handedly convince all the other Jurors to put aside their perceptions and question the credibility of the evidence presented. The key to negotiation in not to fight for your interests, but to align everyone's interests and create a solution together. As an audience watching the movie, I found myself constantly being engaged by the realistic story plot, as I unravel the characters' thought process on the murder case. A classic movie that I would recommend to anyone out there!
November 4, 2016
Proof that a movie that takes place in one room with a small cast can be just as if not more entertaining than a movie that depends on action.
November 2, 2016
12 Angry Men presents a realistic depiction of the art of arguing and negotiation. Even though it is such a simplistic movie, it conveys very deep messages about how we should go about in negotiations such as considering other people's perspectives. More importantly, it teachers us to be objective in our arguments and not let our own prejudices overwhelm our judgment and decision making. Similarly, another important lesson that can be learnt is to focus on people instead of the problem, rationalizing the understand the opposition's perspective.
October 18, 2016
Cinematic masterpiece.
October 15, 2016
It's got some strong qualities and had some witty dialogue, but I still fail to see how this is one of the all-time classics. I can think of SEVERAL movies I liked better than this.
October 12, 2016
Henry Fonda's best performance yet.
October 11, 2016
in your face citizen Kane
½ October 9, 2016
Movie afternoon with Iris.

Autumn afternoons are made for films like this. Perfectly acted, totally gripping and a 95-minute running time. So good it even drew 7-year old Gertie in.
½ October 9, 2016
A movie with essentially one setting ended up being very captivating!
October 1, 2016
This film is considered to be one of the greatest courtroom films ever made - and it is certainly up there among the very best.

The film is about a dissenting juror in a murder trial who slowly manages to convince the others that the case is not as obviously clear as it seemed in court. The person who begins to cast a little doubt on the case is Henry Fonda, and he gives a very good performance in the film. In fact, all of the cast are very good, and no-one is bad.

The direction from Sidney Lumet is excellent throughout while the script is very well written by Reginald Rose, which is based on a story by him, so he knows exactly what he is writing about. The script also makes the film easy to follow because as the evidence comes in to the courtroom, you know exactly what is going on.

This is one film that will definitely keep you gripped and right on the edge-of-your-seat from the start to the finish.
September 25, 2016
When you begin 12 Angry Men one thing seems clear to you: the man is guilty. You are given all of the evidence and the verdict seems clear that he MUST be guilty. However, as the film progresses the evidence that you the viewer have been given gets picked apart one by one. Thoughts you would never come up with are drawn to attention. As the film builds so does your excitement! Even though by this point you realize where the film is going, the thrill of it does not disappoint. The cry for "not guilty" is both redemptive and stirring. If only from the level of a case study, 12 Angry Men is exhilarating.

But then you begin to look at the movie as not just a script, but a film itself. The characters are rich and engaging, each and every one of them. The staging, which involves only one room, against all odds works brilliantly and is compelling. You forget that you are watching a film that has no scene changes! And the raw emotion among the men, the study of depravity and biases, all of this make for a classic film that would be a terrible shame to miss.
September 23, 2016
In a time of big budgets and complex cinematography it's a joy to see a film that captures drama in its most simple yet eloquent form.12 men locked in a room for just over 90 minutes deliberating a murder trial. Anyone would be forgiven for thinking it would be pretty simple, but it's not. All 12 actors play their roles with unbridled confidence, not one falls into the background and all of them bring a raw sense of humanity to their characters. Although the trial is the stimulus that drives the film you could spend hours discussing the relationships of the twelve men. This is what makes it an all time classic that any film buff should expose themselves too.
September 10, 2016
Even in today's society of quick camera shots and jumpcuts, this movie proves that good acting can still make an audience stay on the edge of their seats.
½ September 8, 2016
Before Law and Order, this movie showed the world that what might seem so certain, may not be the case. Amazing cast, but the real star is Lumet as he tightens the camera as the room gets smaller and hotter. Classic film.