12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

March 14, 2018
My opinion ?My favorite as the best movie ever created .I can watch it every time .Every time I get thrilled .Every time it makes me think .every time I do not realise when it started and when it ended .And every time I have to question my own morals ,my prejudices and my beliefs .Everybody should watch this film .Nothing to say against and everything in favor of it .Pure masterpiece.
March 13, 2018
C+. A classic drama movie with all dialogue. Good acting with a powerful message. Still - it's old and not my thing - hence the low rating.
February 18, 2018
Some movies are perfect Harry Potter and The all of them, Die Hard, Ferris Bueler's Day Off and this is one of those movies
February 17, 2018
one of the greatest films ever. hard to find mistakes in this film
February 10, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 3, 2018
One of the greatest films of all time. Perfect acting and brilliant camera work makes this a classic that everyone needs to see.
January 24, 2018
I loved this film. From the opening shot to near the end of the film is full of suspense. The plot was very interesting and is what intrigued me to watch this great film from the 1950s. This will live on as a classic.
January 18, 2018
A masterclass of suspense, '12 Angry Men' is one of those rare movies that manages to sustain your attention with the bare basics. Set in pretty much one location for the entirety of its duration, this movie needs to somehow keep us interested for a whole 90 minutes. For that, you need great actors, a great script, and of course, a great director - and boy does '12 Angry Men' have it. Performance-wise, the movie is flawless. Everyone is fantastic, and although Henry Fonda is the most well-known of the bunch, he in no way overshadows the other performances. The script is, also, flawless. Not a line of dialogue is wasted, and everything serves a purpose. Gripping and thoroughly entertaining. The director is the wonderful Sidney Lumet. I am, regrettably and of my own fault, lacking knowledge on the majority of Lumet's filmography, but that is something I will definitely address. His direction is simple, but masterful. Most of the time, the camera is just there, observing. But at times of intensity, his presence becomes impossible to ignore, and he really elevates those scenes a great deal. As far as I can tell, this movie has no problems. It's never boring or dull, and I was thoroughly entertained for its entirety. An excellent classic, not to be missed.
January 16, 2018
"12 Angry Men" is an absolute classic. The script (and the play it's based on) succesfully builds an insane amount of suspense by just having people talk in a room, but the the way the story unfolds (in real time) still feels natural and convincing. The characters seem like real, ordinary people, which is also due to great performances. It's also remarkable that it has quite a bit of social commentary for its time.
There's not much more to say, you just have to see this.
January 16, 2018
Timeless. The only way to describe such a cinematic monument. No matter what audience member you are, you will enjoy this film. Incredible performances from all actors, every shot could be a painting in itself, the plot is thick and rewarding on multiple viewings, every possible element is pushed to its absolute limit. The dialogue flows so naturally, it feels easy to get lost in tension. Do not miss out on one of the best in film history, trust me.
December 30, 2017
A "must watch" for any generation.

Wonderful script, perfectly cast, intensely acted.
December 20, 2017
What I consider to be the greatest film of all time. Lumet's directorial debut is a masterpiece of a thriller, with the claustrophobic setting and the acting combining to make a highly tense watch.
December 19, 2017
The ultimate courtroom drama (even though the film spends about 1 minute in a courtroom). 12 Angry Men is a master class of acting, writing and directing. It is the epitome of less is more film making. This movie couldve gone wrong very easily with 12 men in a room for 95 minutes and nothing else. Each character is cast perfectly and the movie never slows down. Lumet's directing highlights the feelings anxiety of the men as low angle close ups are used later on. Each character feels fully fleshed out. Truly a perfect film. 5/5
December 7, 2017
Incredibly intelligent and full of tension. A classic movie with a worthwhile message and motif.
November 30, 2017
A masterpiece. All the characters and actors were brilliant. Special thanks to Lee J. Cobb (Juror #3) and Ed Begley (Juror #10). These two were just fabulous in their acting/character. But the rest played great too.
November 22, 2017
Very few times in film history has been able to see a teamwork as impeccable as this one, it is engaging, intriguing, funny in a momentos and touching
November 21, 2017
Incredible, captivating movie with a wonderful cast and screenplay
½ November 13, 2017
Sidney Lumet's first masterpiece with characters to die for and top notch performances. The heated atmosphere literally drips from the walls...
October 30, 2017
Twelve jurors are tasked to decide the fate of a boy accused of murdering his father. All are certain that the boy is guilty, except the protagonist, juror no. 8.
For a black and white movie set almost entirely in one room, I enjoyed the movie much more than I expected. Although the plot of the narrative is quite straightforward, the movie manages to create tension and suspense with the impactful and precisely scripted dialogues. Furthermore, the movie explores deep issues such as prejudice and justice system, creating a lasting impact on the audience.
A motif that surfaces in the film is how prejudice blinds people. In fact, the prejudice of the antagonists is so repugnantly portrayed that the audience would find themselves compelled to support the protagonist. The story begins with a short but crucial introduction of each character's personality. In their small talks before the deliberation of the case, juror no. 3's hidden bias towards adolescents is hinted in his lines: "I'd slap those tough kids down before they start any trouble." It is later revealed that his prejudice had stemmed from a tormenting relationship with his son, causing him to project a sadistic attitude towards the youthful defendant. Likewise, juror no. 10's eager to convict the defendant is explicitly fuelled by racism, seeing Spanish-Americans as "born liars" who cannot be trusted. Due to their prejudices, they were unable to make rational and objective judgements and closed their minds to any alternative interpretations of the case.
12 Angry Men runs parallel with To Kill a Mockingbird in several aspects. Both are black and white films, courtroom dramas and addresses the issues of racism. While 12 Angry Men is an interesting movie, I find To Kill a Mockingbird more poignant and having more depth in portraying racial discrimination.
October 23, 2017
12 Angry Men: An intensly crafted drama filck with expert pacing, sharp dialouge and an expertly crafted story 12 angry men is a classic masterpeice.