12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

April 20, 2018
I would recommend this movie for anyone who wants to understand how to have a successful and convincing argument. 12 Angry Men succinctly illustrates the importance of carefully analyzing arguments to identify the emotions and positions that conceal personal agendas propagated by people. The film highlights how various parties, like #3 and #10, were focused on superficial claims to base their decision of "guilty", while others were bigoted and unwilling to consider the perspectives of the other jurors. However, #8 exemplified the abilities of a skilled negotiator, convincing the entire jury to change their minds to a "not guilty" verdict, which would save a man's life. Even though merely working with reasonable doubt of the man's guilt, this was independent of whether he was truly guilty or not. The final decision was arrived through a systematic and thorough cross-examination of the facts on hand.
½ April 13, 2018
ageless thriller about twelve jurors in a jury room. fonda leads diverse cast and an intelligent screenplay.
Watched Feb 06, 2018
Needs no introduction, really, although I'm astounded that I've only gotten around to watching it recently considering how long it has been available on Netflix.
April 8, 2018
"12 Angry Men" is a movie that presented the discussions of 12 jurors in a warm and uncomfortable jury room. The 12 men were tasked to decide whether a slum-born boy, who was accused of murdering his own father at home, was guilty of the murder. Since the movie was set in the United States, the verdict of the jury must be unanimous, and with Juror 8 disagreeing with the other 11 jurors in the room, the movie showed how Juror 8 eventually convinced the remaining jurors to change their decisions on the basis of reasonable doubt .

"12 Angry Men" was a compelling film. Even though it was not an action nor horror film and only had two sets - the court and the jury room, the film captivated me until the last second. I felt that the movie depicted an analogy of how community leaders can speak for disadvantaged communities in the world. Many communities cannot speak for themselves, and if community leaders are negotiators like Juror 8, many miscommunication and misinformation can be resolved, and lives of these communities ought to be improved in the long run.

April 5, 2018
Might be my favorite movie of all time. Unbelievable acting by some great actors. Hnry Fonda and Lee j Cobb , two film legends, at their best.
½ March 25, 2018
I can see why it is a classic. Brilliant movie. I feel a little saddened that the entire cast is no longer alive. I want to watch more Henry Fonda and Jack Klugman movies now.
March 22, 2018
it's very nul je me suis grave ennuyer
March 14, 2018
My opinion ?My favorite as the best movie ever created .I can watch it every time .Every time I get thrilled .Every time it makes me think .every time I do not realise when it started and when it ended .And every time I have to question my own morals ,my prejudices and my beliefs .Everybody should watch this film .Nothing to say against and everything in favor of it .Pure masterpiece.
March 13, 2018
C+. A classic drama movie with all dialogue. Good acting with a powerful message. Still - it's old and not my thing - hence the low rating.
February 18, 2018
Some movies are perfect Harry Potter and The all of them, Die Hard, Ferris Bueler's Day Off and this is one of those movies
February 17, 2018
one of the greatest films ever. hard to find mistakes in this film
February 10, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 3, 2018
One of the greatest films of all time. Perfect acting and brilliant camera work makes this a classic that everyone needs to see.
January 24, 2018
I loved this film. From the opening shot to near the end of the film is full of suspense. The plot was very interesting and is what intrigued me to watch this great film from the 1950s. This will live on as a classic.
January 18, 2018
*****
A masterclass of suspense, '12 Angry Men' is one of those rare movies that manages to sustain your attention with the bare basics. Set in pretty much one location for the entirety of its duration, this movie needs to somehow keep us interested for a whole 90 minutes. For that, you need great actors, a great script, and of course, a great director - and boy does '12 Angry Men' have it. Performance-wise, the movie is flawless. Everyone is fantastic, and although Henry Fonda is the most well-known of the bunch, he in no way overshadows the other performances. The script is, also, flawless. Not a line of dialogue is wasted, and everything serves a purpose. Gripping and thoroughly entertaining. The director is the wonderful Sidney Lumet. I am, regrettably and of my own fault, lacking knowledge on the majority of Lumet's filmography, but that is something I will definitely address. His direction is simple, but masterful. Most of the time, the camera is just there, observing. But at times of intensity, his presence becomes impossible to ignore, and he really elevates those scenes a great deal. As far as I can tell, this movie has no problems. It's never boring or dull, and I was thoroughly entertained for its entirety. An excellent classic, not to be missed.
January 16, 2018
"12 Angry Men" is an absolute classic. The script (and the play it's based on) succesfully builds an insane amount of suspense by just having people talk in a room, but the the way the story unfolds (in real time) still feels natural and convincing. The characters seem like real, ordinary people, which is also due to great performances. It's also remarkable that it has quite a bit of social commentary for its time.
There's not much more to say, you just have to see this.
January 16, 2018
Timeless. The only way to describe such a cinematic monument. No matter what audience member you are, you will enjoy this film. Incredible performances from all actors, every shot could be a painting in itself, the plot is thick and rewarding on multiple viewings, every possible element is pushed to its absolute limit. The dialogue flows so naturally, it feels easy to get lost in tension. Do not miss out on one of the best in film history, trust me.
December 30, 2017
A "must watch" for any generation.

Wonderful script, perfectly cast, intensely acted.
December 20, 2017
What I consider to be the greatest film of all time. Lumet's directorial debut is a masterpiece of a thriller, with the claustrophobic setting and the acting combining to make a highly tense watch.