12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

July 21, 2017
One of my all time favorite
July 7, 2017
Una de las películas mas originales e interesantes que he visto. El guión es absolutamente una obra maestra. (REVIEW EN CAMINO)
June 28, 2017
9/10 Magnificient, truly remarkable. Simple but effective. A masterpiece in his own kind.
June 28, 2017
An amazing piece of cinema. No flashy action scenes or exotic locale here. Nearly the whole movie takes place within the walls of the jury room. Amazing performances by all especially Henry Fonda as the juror with the question mark. Sidney Lumet's deput is a must see for all!
June 17, 2017
A great classic. So fluent with almost 0 action.
May 10, 2017
The best film of all the time
April 25, 2017
12 Angry Men is a great example that not everything is good with just special effects, but with acting.
April 16, 2017
One of the best court room dramas ever, 12 Angry Men is one of the finest film from the fifties
½ April 4, 2017
This debut feature is a gripping and engaging courtroom drama which is very effective. After I watched it once, I wanted to watch it again.

A boy is accused of murdering his father. The twelve jurors retire to the jury room to determine whether he's innocent or guilty. Only 1 of them thinks he's not guilty and he has to persuade the other men why he thinks so.

I personally found this to be extremely amazing. The movie was able to keep my attention for the whole way through. It was interesting seeing the men say counter arguments back and forth. Also, 1 of the jurors appears to be a sadist who just wants the boy to be put to death regardless of what evidence he's presented with. In my opinion, he is the best character in the movie because his acting performance makes him a very convincing character.

Speaking of the acting, it was strong on all parts. As I said, Juror #3 (Lee J. Cobb) gave the best performance in the movie. However, there are several more actors who did a great job as well. Jurors #8 (Henry Fonda) and #9 (Joseph Sweeney) gave exceptional performances and the other 9 jurors gave convincing performances also. I don't think that they could've given a much better performance.

Also, I found the movie to be very easy to follow. It gives a brief explanation of its plot at the beginning so everyone knows what's going on right before the 12 jurors meet. Also, the movie was very well-written. The fictional murder case set up was well and it contained a lot of elaborate plot points to it which were brought up during the movie.

I can see why this movie has gotten as much praise as it has now. It is one of the most engaging and tense movies I've ever seen. The tension doesn't really come from action like many other movies do. The tension comes from the arguments brought up and how the jurors behave. I just watched this movie yesterday and I already want to watch it again. So far, this is one of my favorite movies of all time and it might even had the ability to become my #1 favorite. I'll just wait and see.
½ March 18, 2017
Peter Fonda stars as Juror No. 8 in 12 Angry Men. 12 men are gathered around to decide the fate of a young Puerto-Rican boy who is accused of murdering his father with a knife. On an initial vote, due to the overwhelming testimony in the case, there is an 11 to 1 verdict of guilty. Only Juror No. 8 Fonda, believes that the boy might be not guilty.

Each one of the men lays out their arguments to why they think the boy is guilty, and No. 8 counters with the possibility of some of the facts possibly not being true. He is not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt with some of the circumstantial evidence presented. As he begins to counter some of the evidence and testimonies of the case, he begins to persuade more and more jurors, despite strong resistance and anger from 3 particular jurors who are sure he is guilty. As the more and more get convinced they must counter the most staggering element in the case that a woman saw the boy kill the father. They question the witnesses eye sight, which convinces all but Juror No. 3 (Lee J. Cobb) who vehemently was angriest and most sure of the by being guilty throughout the film.

12 Angry Men is a powerful and riveting drama. It shows that how close a possibly innocent boy could have been taken to the chair had one juror not spoken up. The film does not show the case, which leaves the evidence and testimonies gradually unveil through the film. All the performances are brilliant and the film only features one location. The direction is superb and 12 Angry Men is without a doubt a timeless classic.

-3.18.2017
March 17, 2017
My opinion---

First film (1957) by Sidney Lumet, first and gigantic success and even
with nearly 60 years later, the film still has as much power. A superb
legal drama, a masterpiece, a magisterial behind-the-scenes, superbly
realized with an incredibly efficient scenario and which, in addition
to a remarkable interpretation of the actors of this masterpiece,
Anthology if any. A must.
March 12, 2017
A black and white film that proves that you don't need a hundred sets, CGI and a thousand extras, to make something people will not only enjoy, but remember. True cinema.
March 11, 2017
Il tema di base è molto importante ed è quello che rende il film molto importante ed interessante; tutto il resto invece non mi pare sia un film così riuscito.
½ March 10, 2017
An interesting and powerful classic film that everybody should see once. (First viewing - Early 2002)
March 10, 2017
One word; Brilliant!!!
March 5, 2017
Yorgos Lanthimos rec
March 1, 2017
Sidney Lumet's best film.
February 27, 2017
Certainly a bit aged, but still very clever. Must have been a killer show back then.
½ February 26, 2017
The prejudiced speech about Puerto Ricans sounds awfully like Trump v Mexicans.