12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

½ March 18, 2017
Peter Fonda stars as Juror No. 8 in 12 Angry Men. 12 men are gathered around to decide the fate of a young Puerto-Rican boy who is accused of murdering his father with a knife. On an initial vote, due to the overwhelming testimony in the case, there is an 11 to 1 verdict of guilty. Only Juror No. 8 Fonda, believes that the boy might be not guilty.

Each one of the men lays out their arguments to why they think the boy is guilty, and No. 8 counters with the possibility of some of the facts possibly not being true. He is not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt with some of the circumstantial evidence presented. As he begins to counter some of the evidence and testimonies of the case, he begins to persuade more and more jurors, despite strong resistance and anger from 3 particular jurors who are sure he is guilty. As the more and more get convinced they must counter the most staggering element in the case that a woman saw the boy kill the father. They question the witnesses eye sight, which convinces all but Juror No. 3 (Lee J. Cobb) who vehemently was angriest and most sure of the by being guilty throughout the film.

12 Angry Men is a powerful and riveting drama. It shows that how close a possibly innocent boy could have been taken to the chair had one juror not spoken up. The film does not show the case, which leaves the evidence and testimonies gradually unveil through the film. All the performances are brilliant and the film only features one location. The direction is superb and 12 Angry Men is without a doubt a timeless classic.

-3.18.2017
March 17, 2017
My opinion---

First film (1957) by Sidney Lumet, first and gigantic success and even
with nearly 60 years later, the film still has as much power. A superb
legal drama, a masterpiece, a magisterial behind-the-scenes, superbly
realized with an incredibly efficient scenario and which, in addition
to a remarkable interpretation of the actors of this masterpiece,
Anthology if any. A must.
March 12, 2017
A black and white film that proves that you don't need a hundred sets, CGI and a thousand extras, to make something people will not only enjoy, but remember. True cinema.
March 11, 2017
Il tema di base molto importante ed quello che rende il film molto importante ed interessante; tutto il resto invece non mi pare sia un film cos riuscito.
½ March 10, 2017
An interesting and powerful classic film that everybody should see once. (First viewing - Early 2002)
March 10, 2017
One word; Brilliant!!!
March 5, 2017
Yorgos Lanthimos rec
March 1, 2017
Sidney Lumet's best film.
February 27, 2017
Certainly a bit aged, but still very clever. Must have been a killer show back then.
½ February 26, 2017
The prejudiced speech about Puerto Ricans sounds awfully like Trump v Mexicans.
February 24, 2017
Simple but extremely effective. A groundbreaking drama exploring the human element of the justice system and the clashing of personalities.
February 17, 2017
My favorite movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 6, 2017
First time I saw it on the screen. I mean, a whole movie in onde single place and yet you feel like stuck in the chair waiting to see the end!
½ February 4, 2017
Didn't know that a film could be this intense being shot in one room. I was sweating as well.
February 4, 2017
Classic talkfest about a 12 man jury who have to make an important decision in a homicide case. The only problem is that a guilty verdict would result in a death sentence for the man on trial. Good cast, tightly scripted.
February 1, 2017
Great. Asif I loved this. I only watched as it was highly rated. This is a brilliant film and literally nothing happens. Goes to show with a good cast and excellent dialogue you don't need explosions and car chases
February 1, 2017
12 Angry Men is a near-perfect courtroom drama, and perhaps one of the greatest films ever made. With a compelling story, superb acting and dialogue, and extremely impressive direction.
February 1, 2017
They won't make a movie like this again. 90 minutes all in one room. The 12 men of the jury must decide whether the man is innocent or guilty. The first vote is 11-1, and you can right from there probably guess where the movie ends. An examination of the human condition. Good for what it is, but not overly surprising nor exciting.
January 23, 2017
Possibly the best film I have ever seen...
Is that bold or stupid?

This beautifully filmed feature was made years before its time and even still shows the prejudice that is engulfed in Criminal Justice Systems all over the world, can 12 jurors really decide on something they never witnessed and only by what lawyers are telling them in court that will ultimately determine a young mans life?

From start to finish the film is set in one small and very warm room which shows how exceptional the cinematography and script was to keep the audience so indulged. I began to feel frustrated as I wasn't sure of my own decisions or if I thought the process was fair and was I going to get to see the GAME.

All the characters are placed perfectly in position with everyone having a fair and mannered point that leaves you wanting to know more about each of them. Mr Fonda is most notable in his performance but I give credit to every actor in that room and Mr Lumet himself.
January 16, 2017
This film isn't just entertainment or a way to stimulate your mind for a few hours. This film pictures life and humanity itself in a rather spectacular way. To say that this film affected me is still an understatement, it honestly have rocked me to my very core. The acting was superb, the message was excellent, the storyline and the script was magnificent. You're looking for a genre defining film? This is one of them.