12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 Angry Men (Twelve Angry Men) Reviews

September 16, 2017
12 Angry Men relies on the simplicity of its concept- a jury discussion- to give a captivating story brimmed with great performances and interesting morals.
(Favorite moment)- The same knife
September 2, 2017
These men are very angry. This film goes to show that there are timeless Classics from that era that we can still love today. A film about how reasoning can overcome bigotry, prejudice and hate. This is an incredible film and I am always in awe by the time the film has finished. Brilliant.
August 25, 2017
Virtually flawless, gripping and compelling, this single room film holds you in every moment. Lumet's direction is clear and focused, lacking very little and offering just enough insight into each juror, while Fonda's 'reasonable doubt' holds the room just enough to make a change.
This film probably can't be remade. In 2017 there would be some kind of ludicrous twist that forces us to gasp, yet makes the movie lesser. Lumen refuses to go for cheap chicanery and as such, delivers an all-time great.
August 18, 2017
12 Angry Men is a triumph of a film. Sidney Lumet's direction leads the movie with an edge of your seat suspense. Reginald Rose's script is one of the most well written of its kind to grace any screen. The twelve actors chosen to portray the jurors could not have done a better job to keep the audience's interest fully committed to the movie, with such a limited yet powerful set. The fantastic film work makes watching this courtroom drama a one of a kind experience. The smooth editing and considerably short runtime make this movie feel flawless in its efforts to entertain. 12 Angry Men is an undeniable classic. Rating: 5/5
August 17, 2017
A simple day in court is made into one of the greatest dramas of all time. Henry Fonda and Lee J. Cobb lead a jury in showing that strong performances in a single can easily measure up to the CGI blockbusters of today.
August 15, 2017
12 Angry Men proves that a masterpiece is all in the details. Released in 1957, this is about a group of jurors deciding the fate of a young boy who is accused of murder. One man believes he is not guilty and attempts to convince the rest of the jurors of his innocence. This is, without a doubt, one of the best dramas ever created. Nice short runtime, small cast, all filmed in one room...it's just so tight!! The beauty of it is that just from dialogue alone we are thoroughly entertained and it maintains a sense of tension throughout. The crime is never re-enacted, it's from the descriptive dialogue that we picture it in our heads. Writer Reginald Rose knew that the most powerful tool in film (at that time) was words. The cast was high calibre, Henry Fonda leading the view of not guilty...it's pretty difficult to go against him when he is full of suaveness and so convincing. We get to know each juror as the film goes on and we soon start to explore the possibility that their personal lives are tainting their decision. That, was what made it so palpable. It was clouding their judgement, and their stubborn personalities made it all the more satisfying if they did change their mind. Persuasion is a powerful tool, but add a hint of conviction and you can manipulate anyone's mind. Several nice details were included, I like the fact it was set on the hottest day of the year. The heat evidently getting to the jurors, it made them more irritable and heightened the angry emotions within. Director Sidney Lumet did so much in such a little space, technically. When the jurors enter the room, its a sublime long five minute shot and he manages to share the screen time with each juror equally. He was able to convey their personalities instantaneously just by their attire, then when the discussion commences we start to dig a little deeper. The screenplay really is the winner here, if anything it makes me want to work in law! Dramas do not come better than this, 12 Angry Men easily gets the perfect rating. It sits in the inclusive list of masterpieces.
August 12, 2017
An absolute Classic that stands as a modern classic masterpiece. It's intriguing storytelling and style is yet to be seen in cinema.
August 10, 2017
12 Angry Men (1957) is about a lone juror who believes the accused to be not guilty under terms of reasonable doubt, when faced with 11 others who strongly disagree and the demand for a unanimous verdict. It's the quintessential courtroom drama. 12 Angry Men's one location allows the personality conflicts between the jurors to provide the tension, making the film that much more powerful. A brilliant cast perform one of the best scripts ever written to perfection. The case is debated incredibly thoroughly, absorbing the audience into the role of 13th armchair juror. It masquerades as an exploration of justice; it's a social examination at its core. The film scrupulously unpicks what the broad terms we continue to live by can mean to different people - the film has not dated a day in this sense. 12 Angry Men demands intelligence from its audience, and their patience is rewarded with rich, authentic dialogue. The audience hangs on every word. The film's pace is steady, allowing the impact of each interaction to hit the audience to the fullest extent. It perfectly explores how "prejudice can obscure the truth", which seems to be Sidney Lumet's primary goal with this film. 12 Angry Men (1957) is a modern classic, and more importantly, a perfect examination of how individuals can act upon and re-think their prejudices.
August 10, 2017
This courtroom drama film contains very solid performances all round. It is both dramatic and tense, and is insightful in its portrayal of various aspects of humanity. I could definitely relate to this film. Considered to be one of the best movies of all time and one of the top ten courtroom drama movies of all time. AAN 1001
August 5, 2017
This is what a film should be like. Proves you don't need action to create one of the greatest of all time. This is my personal favourite film I have seen, as it relies on the most interesting characters and their developing behaviour, not ridiculous amounts of action.
August 3, 2017
Compelling and thought provoking story demonstrating how society, oftentimes, tends to wrongly judge an individual based only on assumptions, and how those assumptions could potentially destroy one's life. While the entire story primarily takes place in a sweltering and, seemingly claustrophobic jury room, the dialogue between the jurors paints a scene for the viewer of the surrounding city and social inequities that existed then, and unfortunately, still remain today.
½ July 29, 2017
12 men discuss a murder trial. 11 men decide he's guilty and 1 man chooses not guilty. He discusses his reasons and 1 by 1 the jury change their mind for the outcome. Classic film well scripted with good dialogue
July 24, 2017
A phenomenal look at the human complexities of life and internal struggle for what you believe to be right. The use of the camera and edit feel seamless and make the pacing all that more extraordinary quick. Performances are magnificent, with every single character having a distinctive and unique dynamic and attitude regarding their opinions, which in turn just add a great deal of intensity and uncertainties for the audience. Ultimately leading to a emotional rollercoaster of emotion that's conveyed so wonderfully by its cast.
July 23, 2017
I just finished watching this masterpiece, that's right masterpiece. This movie was astoundingly engaging from the first time those 12 men stepped into the room. I can't really think of a flaw with the movie, except that it is predictable. You completely forget about that with the superb performances from all 12 jurors. This is one of the greatest films of all time, and is one everybody should see.
July 21, 2017
One of my all time favorite
July 7, 2017
Una de las películas mas originales e interesantes que he visto. El guión es absolutamente una obra maestra. (REVIEW EN CAMINO)
June 28, 2017
9/10 Magnificient, truly remarkable. Simple but effective. A masterpiece in his own kind.
June 28, 2017
An amazing piece of cinema. No flashy action scenes or exotic locale here. Nearly the whole movie takes place within the walls of the jury room. Amazing performances by all especially Henry Fonda as the juror with the question mark. Sidney Lumet's deput is a must see for all!
June 17, 2017
A great classic. So fluent with almost 0 action.