2001: A Space Odyssey Reviews

• Jun 23, 2020

I honestly couldn't believe this was made in the late 60's. It looks amazing. Also, I was happy I waited to watch this later in life when I could process it better.

• Jun 23, 2020

It's a spectacle for sure and, looking back, it's amazing what Stanley Kubrick came up with long before NASA made it reality.

• Jun 15, 2020

Drink a cup of coffee and go watch this MASTERPIECE right now.

Drink a cup of coffee and go watch this MASTERPIECE right now.

• Jun 15, 2020

A movie that transcends time and space. It is from another time but the movie takes you on the vision of its future and understanding of the world. Amazing effects and one of the most debated endings of all time. There are moments that didn't age well but there are also moments that could be made now and everyone would be in awe. No matter your opinion of 2001 it is a movie that is understandably groundbreaking.

• Jun 10, 2020

A visual treat! So mysterious and memorable!❤️

A visual treat! So mysterious and memorable!❤️

• Jun 02, 2020

Magnificient cinematography style for its time.. Stanley kubrick success to make me feel impress when i watch this movie.. i meant dude this looks like a "2010" movies for that kind of cinematography.. just amazing.. Rip for the legend.

• May 31, 2020

Slow movie but can see why and how Space Odyssey left its mark on history. Happy I watched.

• May 31, 2020

When you ask people about Stanley Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey," you will encounter two types of people. The first group says it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it, simply don't understand it. The second group will tell you it is overrated and one of the most boring movies ever made. Personally, I can understand what both of these groups mean, without agreeing with either of their extreme opinions. I think visually, this movie is truly groundbreaking for its time and clearly went on to influence many other science fiction films. I think the movie presents ideas that were relevant then, and will likely be relevant for a long time to come. The visual elements of the movie are stunning and at times I felt the movie to be hypnotic. That's not to say there aren't times where I was bored, because those are certainly there. This movie moves at a super slow pace that will upset anyone who chooses to watch this film purely for entertainment. I think any cinema lover like myself can appreciate how visually stunning the movie is and I think because of that reason alone it is worth watching. I also liked the ambiguity of the final sequence and can see myself wanting to dig deeper and see how it was interpreted by other viewers. Overall, this movie isn't exciting in the conventional sense, but its visual style, superb special effects, and general influence on cinema make it one that should be checked out.

• May 30, 2020

It's a beautiful, smart, but too long movie.

It's a beautiful, smart, but too long movie.

• May 30, 2020

This space and technological adventure sparks profound thought and curiosity throughout each of the four sequences. While I didn’t particularly love the long, tedious shots in space at times, I understand what they were going for. I also loved each of the sequences in space, particularly the Hal-Dave portion. This will definitely require multiple viewings and analysis in order for you to really get a grasp at the films messages...that is, if you have the patience for it. Overall, 2001 is a mysterious yet fascinating dive into the experience of man and evolution