Charly (A Heartbeat Away) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charly (A Heartbeat Away) Reviews

October 4, 2012
A really sad movie but totally recommend it.
July 24, 2012
amazing!! if you love a great Sunday flick..this is it!!!
June 25, 2012
Such a good story!! a tear jerker every time!!
½ February 16, 2012
I always love this film. Cry like a baby every time. If you don't like films with religious themes, this is definitely not for you. If you are sentimental when it comes to your faith, and have an inner desire to be with your loved ones, even after death - this film will melt you. It's in a rare category "audience wise", as in the intended audience are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) - But any person described above who doesn't have a religious biased against mormons, should also appreciate/ enjoy this film. You can definitely tell the film makers really cared about their subject matter. A film about love, made with love. Seriously never fails, I can walk away from this film for years on end, and find myself balling like it was the first time I've seen it.
December 8, 2011
como conseguir esse filme ?
December 2, 2011
Generally a good movie, but way too sad for me... Brings up too many painful memories.
January 15, 2011
Emotionally manipulative up the yazoo.
½ April 2, 2010
Cheesy. Not the greatest acting. Predictable. But endearing nonetheless and makes me cry every time.
March 26, 2010
Offers brief emotional moments and is otherwise utter garbage. Where the film fails is basically if you aren't Mormon it's not going to make one lick of sense, not really. Or just come across as insane. When I watched it (and I AM Mormon)I thought it was insane and it really really pissed me off.

I wanted to punch the lead male protagonist...whoever (I could care less) in the face for as long and hard as I could. He is the most self righteous GIT I have ever seen as a character, not likable and just plain annoying.

Ever meet one of those LDS kids that's embarrassed about their religion and wondered why? Why they would participate in something they are embarrassed about? It's because of crap films like these, piss poor from beginning to end.

I just can't rip on the self righteous lead enough, I just... wanted to see his face get ripped off or see him get tortured just UGHUGHUGHUGH.

Please don't judge my religion based on this tripe piece of shit, we're not all stupid stuck up prudes who are close minded to everything and have grown up in a bubble. Thank you.
July 19, 2009
very touching. i think i wont be tired watching this movie again and again. i love charly!
April 16, 2009
As a die-hard Jack Weyland fan (he is the author of the book this movie was based on), I was a little disappointed that this movie didn't follow the book more closely. That aside, the acting was very good, and the ending will have you in tears.
March 21, 2009
This was a great movie. I was going to watch it by myself but my husband joined me. He seemed to like it also. I cry any way at movies that are sad so of course I cried with this one also. I really loved the story line. I see that it is a book also so I may get the book and read it.
½ March 3, 2009
I cried like a baby.
February 3, 2009
Great movie! Any soundtrack to it?

20090203 Another movie for the background as I clean the desk. Less tears when the movie is in the background. I love the spoof of this movie in The Singles Ward where the YSA male is reading the book. Too funny! The change of heart of Charly is uplifting. I wonder what the sequel book is like?
½ January 19, 2009
i love this movie it makes me cry everytime! it such an awesome sweet movie!
½ January 8, 2009
Terrific plot. Great message. Some stiff acting. Bring kleenex.
January 2, 2009
must see! very good i love it
defyingstars
December 11, 2008
This movie means a lot to me. That's why it is, and always will be one of my favorite movies. I don't have enough room to tell you why, but this movie is about true love and a girl who dies of cancer. It's a Mormon movie so that's probably part of why I love it so much. It teaches you that you always need to have faith no matter what. If you don't have faith, you really don't have anything. Life is hard. You have good days and bad days. You lose people who mean everything to you. And sometimes you blame yourself and think that your life means nothing. But this movie shows you that anything is possible with God.
shesdownbytheriver
October 17, 2008
No thankyou - Not interested
October 13, 2008
Perfeito e lindo demais. Apesar da triste história sabemos que a corrida ainda não terminou.