Taxi! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taxi! Reviews

April 15, 2015
Another Cagney Masterpiece that should've been named something different since taxis weren't really at all the plot of this movie. A large middle section is devoted to Cagney trying to win over the lead dame, but the beginning sets up the story and a great ending ensues.
December 16, 2014
½ November 18, 2014
The early 1930's in New York City is the scene for this movie where men fight one another for advantage in the taxi business. The women in their lives get embroiled in the crime wave that breaks out... A Fare to Remember--Tough Taxi Driver Threatens All With a Punch in the Face, Even His Girl - And She Don't Mind... Early Cagney and He's Gassed Up!!
½ July 20, 2014
Entertaining James Cagney picture has him as a hot headed NYC cabbie who's cab company has gone to war with their rival taxi company. This movie is the source of Cagney's most famous misquoted line, "You dirty rat!" where win this film he actually says, "Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!" Loretta Young, plays his girl, who at one point participate in a dance competition and their chief rival is actually a before-he-was-famous George Raft, who get's tough with Cagney. I've also never really appreciated Loretta Young much, but she's quite good in this picture. She was only 19 when this film came out, but she'd already appeared in nearly 40 films. She's someone I think I'll start checking her work out more, like I've been doing with Hedy Lamarr.
August 14, 2012
cagney+young=good chem
January 22, 2012
The script isn't air-tight, but it's solid, and the story is a tale as old as time with a rather interesting (in either a bad or good way depending on your own opinion) outcome and James Cagney is amazing in it.
January 3, 2009
You dirty rat! Gotta see this!
May 19, 2008
Cagney speaks Yiddish! For real, as he was moderately fluent in the language in real life. Only screen pairing of Cagney and Loretta Young.
½ May 13, 2008
The romance between Loretta Young and James Cagney feels incredibly genuine in this movie.