Criminal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Criminal Reviews

½ April 7, 2016
I saw the movie the other night as a premier. I am going to say this. Kevin Costner does an excellent job for his role and is the main character. Tommy Lee Jones has a rather small part and is uninteresting. There is a lot of violence in this movie, some of which really didn't need to be there. There actually is a story that actually lends to females seeing the movie, but based on the reactions of the women there, there was just too much violence. The story line itself was interesting and your movie info doesn't even touch on what that is. Because this was a premier and we were sworn to secrecy about the story itself, I cannot go into it.
September 6, 2015
A poor imitation of "9 Queens"
July 19, 2015
Inútil remake de Nueve Reinas, que no le llega ni a los talones, con todo y el buen reparto que tiene.
June 23, 2015
Clever flick about con games that keeps you guessing with all its twists. I had seen this flick before, as well as seeing the Argentine version, Nine Queens. John C. Reilly has always been a favorite of mine, as has Maggie Gyllenhaal. This movie is a delight.
½ March 14, 2015
If you've seen nine queens this isn't on par but as remakes go ,not shabby but not memorable either.
November 22, 2014
OK remake of NINE QUEENS.
February 18, 2014
Si te gustan las películas de estafas esta es tu pelicula. Bien argumentada, bien desarollada, la trama te va llevando, se puede ver.
½ December 14, 2013
awful, Diego Luna and John C were terribly miscasted. producers of this film completely missed what made the original movie nueve reinas a great film. They shouldve let the director of the original help them when he offered them some assistance.
November 10, 2013
Didn't know what it was when I had begun watching it, but, by the end - I had found it was a pretty good movie.
½ October 30, 2013
Reilly and Luna does the needly to make a worthwhile scam story.Deserves a chance.
October 9, 2013
Nueve reinas (nine queens) which is the original version of this film, is WAY better than this one, the company that is responsable for this remake, denied Fabian Bielinski (Original writer and director) enter the set to help ( free ) to help with the adaptation of the movie, and the characters were completely out of situation in this one, A good movie, but could be 100% better.
½ July 14, 2013
If I hadn't already seen Nine Queens this would have seemed like a pretty decent, entertaining film, but I have seen the original so this just seems like another pointless Hollywood remake of a great foreign language film, made for people that can't be bothered with subtitles. Take my advice and watch the amazing Argentinian original instead.
½ March 21, 2013
I really, really, really think that EVERYONE should see this film. It was one of the most entertaining films I've watched all year. In a world where only morbid/ depressing movies are considered excellent and plot less, big-budget films rule the box-office it is nice to see a smaller budget film that has fun with itself.

The cast in this film is superb. Diego Luna especially gives a great performance. He is endearing, lovable, enthusiastic, and intelligent in his portrayal of "Brian." It was nice to see him in this context and I personally believe that he thrived in the part. He is an excellent actor and i have to admit that I am now a fan.I almost always guess the "surprise" ending in movies that claim to have one, but this film still has me wondering how i didn't get it. Do yourself a favor and see this movie!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to tell you the plot because I don't trust myself not to give anything away. If you enjoy caper/mystery/ entertaining movies go see this one. 3/1/2 Stars 3=21=13
½ October 19, 2012
Con-man film with a twist. The whole plot against Richard seems to involve too many people to be that successful. But it is fun to watch nevertheless.
½ October 8, 2012
"Criminal" is a decent heist film with a clever plot and a number of unexpected twists throughout the progression of the story (especially the twist at the end). Despite the film's immediate jump into its plot, it moves at a slow pace for most of the movie. Fortunately, the story never gets boring because of the film's short 87-minute runtime. I was unimpressed by Maggie Gyllenhaal (looks like a weirdo) and John C. Reilly (can't take him seriously), but Diego Luna brings life to the film. It cannot compare to movies like "Ocean's Eleven" or "The Italian Job" but this movie is entertaining and I'd see it again.
September 7, 2012
The long con perfected.
September 4, 2012
john c reilly is good in this worth a viewing.
½ July 29, 2012
A movie i generally liked for its ending. The rest of the movie was just john c reilly fighting with maggie gylenhaal
½ May 31, 2012
good movie, but totally unnecessary remake. watch nueve reinas instead.
April 27, 2012
Solid conman movie. The switcheroo ending is fairly predictable for anyone familar with these kind of movies but the characters are vivid enough that the film doesn't rely on its plot alone. John C Reilly in particular does great work in the lead.