Dead End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead End Reviews

½ September 18, 2016
this was much better than i was expecting it to be. i found the mother character to be annoying, but she quickly turned creepy throughout the film. the ending was superb.
July 11, 2016
A suspenseful and intriguing horror film. Ray Wise and as always Lin Shaye are a hoot.
½ June 4, 2016
There's something i didn't like in this flick from the beginning to the end..maybe the silly brat that kept talking all the time, or perhaps the lack of the whole atmosphere...!
April 13, 2016
This was a pleasant surprise!
March 29, 2016
Birilliant movie! I give it a standing ovation. It looked so fresh for me, the combination of humor and true ambience of horror is superb, which is a very rare occurence. The dialogues and characters' demeanor are so genuine and authentic, it's unbelievable.
½ January 5, 2016
An underrated horror Christmas movie. A simple drive turns into a nightmare.
December 28, 2015
This is one of my favorite b-movies. It's hillarious.
November 11, 2015
I liked the whole idea in Dead End and you could connect with the characters right away. They are on a have the calm mom and dad trying to get from point A to point B, the very eccentric but hilarious brother, and the sister and boyfriend in the back seat. They meet this weird woman on the road and after that, the deaths start piling up one by one. It was interesting how they would show the person who was dead or about to die on the back of the black car, that was weird/creepy. This would have been a much better movie if they didn't rush the ending and they had explained more about why they were at a "dead end" The whole dead end concept is never really clear in this film. Overall though, it was still enjoyable. 6/10 or 3/5
September 5, 2015
Full of horror flick chiches. I think most of them came from this movie maybe. Aside from that and some stupid decisions. Still a pretty awesome horror flick. Ending was a little wtf, but still, the physical, emotional, mental craziness in this film still make this awesome for me.
½ August 23, 2015
Not sure why I liked this one...I just did. Bad acting, thin plot, but it worked.
July 18, 2015
I actually got scared, clever, funny, quite a weird end though but enjoyable
July 3, 2015
I loved the casting choice, but the story was a little too easy to read into.
The movie was kind of a last call for the 90s movies, which is odd since it was made in 2003.

The ending and general plot was too easy to anticipate, and the only thing that really surprised me was the slower pacing which made me think they were going to kill off characters four or five minutes before they actually did.

Ray Wise and Lin Shaye were delightful. If they had a detective series, I'd watch it. This is a good nostalgia movie to remember all of those 80s esque movies, and as mentioned before you get to enjoy Ray Wise for most of the film.
½ May 22, 2015
Breath in deeply through your nose and deeply out your ass.

The Harrington Family is heading to the mother's parents house for Christmas. They make this road trip every year; but for the first time in 20 years, the dad decides to take the scenic route. While driving a back road he falls asleep and almost kills them; when he wakes up from the accident, he sees a strange woman in the woods and offers to help her. The night gets flipped upside down from that point on.

"I'm pregnant."
"I smoke pot."

Jean-Baptiste Andrea (Big Nothing and Brotherhood of Tears) and Fabrice Canepa collaborate to deliver each of their first motion pictures, Dead End. The storyline for this picture was a parody of sorts of similar movies like Silent Hill with a slightly different setting. The horror elements are average as is the acting. The cast includes Ray Wise, Lin Shaye, Mick Cain, Alexandra Holden, and Amber Smith.

"And I thought last Christmas was bad."

I came across this on Netflix and thought it looked interesting based on the cool cover. Overall, this is a slightly below average ghost story that isn't particularly scary but does have some funny lines and interesting character portrayals. Overall, I'd only see this if you're a fan of the horror genre and nothing better is on.

"Talk about a Merry Fucking Christmas."

Grade: C
April 5, 2015
Silly little cheesefest worth a watch and fun to Laff at
½ April 3, 2015
Everything constructed smartly with familiar ending but still mouth-gasping, 'Dead End" is a little gem of horror flicks.
½ January 27, 2015
Después de que se desviaran de la carretera principal una familia empieza a tirarse los trapitos sucios mientras que un fantasma los atormenta.
½ August 24, 2014
Predictable ending but a well made film.
½ August 16, 2014
A rare 2000's horror movie gem, one that's not well known and frequently gets looked over. One of the funniest, and smartest horror movies to come out of the 00's, especially in a decade that didn't feature much in the horror genre at all.
August 6, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed it the first time I watched it and had as much fun watching it again over a decade later.