Dead End Reviews

• Feb 23, 2020

Esta película aunque es de Terror tiene partes muy divertidas que te hacen reír, bastante entretenida y te deja intrigado durante toda la película. El final no entiendo muy bien que es lo que sucede.

• Feb 08, 2020

I wish I saw more of Ray Wise. He's incredible and all the movies are great that he's in. Lin Shaye is also a pro, but all the actors we fantastic in this movie. Very entertaining and the scares are genuine, Wise never disappoints. Thumbs up~

• Dec 07, 2019

What a weird mindfeck supernatural holiday horror. Low budget and quite short. Oddly edited too, at times, and in fact kind of odd storytelling/narrative. Some good deadpan (ha, "dead") dark comedy. The characters weren't really likeable, but that was kind of the point, I think. The end was smart and dumb at the same time, but satisfying. I don't know about rewatchability though.

• Nov 10, 2019

'Dead End' captures the best parts of comparable horror thrillers like 'Black Cadillac' and adds an almost black comedy twist. A narrow number of set locations create a psychological thriller edge. Unfortunately the movie lacks in other ways. The script has little substance and quickly becomes tedious. The film is low budget and lacks in gore content when it was seriously needed. The acting is either flat or over the top.

• Oct 24, 2019

Again, Wise (Twin Peaks' Leland Palmer, also seen recently in Jeepers Creepers 2) is spectacular Dead End is a small but potent dose of family dysfunction, ham-fisted acting, and pitch-dark humor. Wrapped in the guise of a "white people lost in the woods" slasher or survival horror film, Dead End boasts better-than-expected (or necessary) dialogue, some fantastically hystrionic performances, and another marathon acting session by who is quickly becoming my favorite beleaguered white patriarch, Ray Wise. Thanks to Ray's explosive and operatic performance (as well as a solid lead by Alexandra Holden as his well-meaning yet internally conflicted daughter and an entertaining, if mannered, comedic turn by Lyn Shaye as his batty wife), the film is an engaging and at times delightful watch, whose predicable outcome and "let me spell it out for you" ending only manage to take away slightly from the solid first 80 minutes.

• Dec 25, 2018

A good horror + a good comedy = Great Movie

A good horror + a good comedy = Great Movie

• Sep 24, 2018

A notch above the usual thriller fare.

A notch above the usual thriller fare.

• Aug 23, 2018

This was a very awesome movie to watch

This was a very awesome movie to watch

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Aug 05, 2018

The characters can be quite unpleasant but the actors make everything really fun to watch, as the movie flirts with absurdity to the point of hilarious (especially when family secrets come up in the most bizarre situations) and offers us enough tension to compensate for its silliness.

• Jun 08, 2018

A misunderstood film with hints of dark comedy that will detour you into your own imagination.