Tristan & Isolde - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tristan & Isolde Reviews

March 7, 2013
A great big "meh." So long, I didn't really pay attention much of the last hour.
March 6, 2013
Slow-paced, but intriguing never-the-less. And the Arthurian overtones are unmistakable.
March 5, 2013
One of my top 5 favorite movies ever
March 4, 2013
One of my favourites.
February 28, 2013
Dull, unoriginal and predictable. Trite plot. Seriously irritating and hammy acting by James Franco (I still haven't figured out why he has an acting career). Even a supporting cast of biggish names - Rufus Sewell, Mark Strong, Henry Cavill - can't save this.

The only positive is Sophia Myles, for many reasons...
½ February 28, 2013
A technically decent movie, but otherwise not outstanding or extraordinary
February 25, 2013
i want to see this so bad!
February 11, 2013
good drama and romance. also good chemistry between the lead actor and actress.
February 8, 2013
this movie was really good
½ February 6, 2013
Pleasantly surprised by this sombre and beautifully filmed story. Some nice performances but ultimately it is this legend/story that drives the film and creates the enjoyable experience. Overly romantic and mushy so not one for the guys most likely.
January 20, 2013
Can't think of a movie I'm less interested in seeing
January 19, 2013
This film is an "any man or woman" film. Whether you are looking for action or romance, it has something for everyone. While this film has similarities to Romeo and Juliet, it is does a wonderful job of holding it's own. Interesting plot twists prevent this film from being overshadowed by Shakespeare's tale of star-crossed love.

The film was effectively casted with Sophia Miles as Isolde and James Franco as Tristan. Franco's performance as Tristan would have been flawless had he perfected his accent better for this film. I felt there were times when his accent was better than others. Although a secondary character, Rufus Sewell really stood out in this film and performed outstandingly...probably some of his best work.

Definitely recommend this film for date night!
January 18, 2013
The story is not bad but the script is very cheesy and doesn't fulfill the true romanticism of the original novel, besides such movie requires strong music which this one lacks.
½ January 17, 2013
I enjoyed this movie. A real medieval time setting movie that portrays forbidden love.
½ January 17, 2013
I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but I loved it despite its flaws.
January 16, 2013
I've heard it's alright.
January 13, 2013
was an okay movie not one i would watch again
January 8, 2013
ok isolde is a tramp! have to say that! but it is still a VERY GOOD movie! :)
January 8, 2013
Higher quality film than others in the genre
January 6, 2013
which would you choose: Duty or Love? pretty cinematic effects but lousy script...