Going the Distance Reviews

• Jun 27, 2020

Good watch, will watch again, and can recommend. This is basically a poor man's American Pie Road trip style of movie with some very memorable scenes. Joane Kelly (Warehouse 13) shows up, and this is an early look at her to show her acting skills above the others in the movie. Matt Frewer (Max Headroom), who has been in almost everything, shows up to lead the scene of the movie that keeps me looking for this one, comedy gold history. This is a National Lampoon production, and there's no budget for Chevy Chase, so for what it is, this is actually a great movie despite not having the big stars to make as big as it should have been.

• Jul 11, 2016

170211: Some, in an attempt to define themselves, to stand out above others, have created what should have been unique product but is, in fact, an artistic embarrassment. This film has some great ideas, great characters and great cinematography but is just too crude. A lack of imagination and self-confidence is evident throughout this production, and as a Canadian, Going the Distance just disappoints. Worse, I hate that our county and people may be identified with this film. Joanne Kelly (Sasha) and Mayko Nguyen's (Jill) efforts are somewhat commendable and it was neat to see Matt Frewer (Farmer Joseph), aka Max Headroom, again. This film flirts with being good but I'm disappointed in George Stroumboulopoulos and Avril Lavigne signing on such an obviously excessive effort. I'll just kid myself that their decision had nothing to do with self-promotion and monetary gain. Perhaps they just didn't read the script completely? Canadians are a fun people, especially in our teen years. We are proud, multi-cultural and our country features a beautifully diverse landscape. Going the Distance captures glimmers of these traits but fails in an attempt to get ratings. Sad decision making crushes what should've been defining.

• Jan 19, 2015

Silly Canadian comedy that relies heavily on teens' love of MuchMusic.

Silly Canadian comedy that relies heavily on teens' love of MuchMusic.

• Jul 01, 2014

One of my favourite Canadian films...made by National Lampoon!

One of my favourite Canadian films...made by National Lampoon!

• Jun 03, 2013

He May have just graduated but Nick (Christopher Jacot) has it all figured out - marriage, a lucrative career and a totally different lifestyle from that of his hippy parents. When he discovers that his future wife (Katheryn Winnick) may be falling prey to a powerful and oversexed music producer. Nick is determined to fly to Toronto to win her back. Lifelong buds Tyler and Dim have other ideas for their best friend - the road trip adventure of his life. With only three days to make it to the Much Music Video Awards, the unlikely road warriors head off. Two sexy hitchhikers, Sasha (Joanne Kelly) and Jill (Mayko Nguyen) complicate matters and a series of accidents, orchestrated by a malevolent stranger, sabotage the trip Turning Nicks future plans upside down. also starring Shawn Roberts, August Schellenberg, Ryan Belleville, Jason Priestley and Andrew Airlile. directed by Mark Griffiths

• Jan 25, 2013

Approximately seven years haven't watched this one really awesome entertaining story... Sometimes people not only boast about getting laid, but really looking for troubles after getting laid. Great plot.

• Aug 08, 2012

It's entertaining. Shut the f**k up and take it for what it is. The Canadian Road Trip.

• Jun 18, 2012

not as good as most national lampoons movies, but still a decent watch

not as good as most national lampoons movies, but still a decent watch

• May 06, 2012

Competently made mediocre Canadian comedy.

Competently made mediocre Canadian comedy.

• Jan 21, 2012

Typical road-trip setting comedy with the usual allotment of cliched jokes and events, but it's certainly not in "I want that 1.5hrs of my life back" territory. Was very interesting to see Warehouse 13 chick (Joanne Kelly) in this, probably how it ended up in the queue in the first place.